SD Canceled May Voyages?

JES4845

Hadn’t looked at the SD website voyages section in several weeks.  Just did now.  Looks like all the May voyages have been cancelled.  The first ones that show now are a June 5 departure for SD1 and a June 12 one for SD2.  Is that what others understand is the present state of affairs?

4 hours ago, Zimmy said:

Interesting, I hadn't looked. We cancelled our May voyage to Greece/Israel about a month ago. And just on Friday I was set to book the identical voyage in May, 2022, but it was suddenly waitlist only. 

Zimmy, thanks for the info.  The other interesting thing I noticed is there is only one ship showing up as making a fall crossing from Europe to the Caribbean - SD2, but not until November and it too is already showing waitlisted only.  From the schedule, it appears SD1 will be in dry dock then cross without passengers before starting its Caribbean season.  I keep wondering how many ports will actually be accessible this summer.  Suppose we won’t know until the vaccines continue to roll out here and elsewhere, plus seeing how these new virus strains unfold.

4 hours ago, Zimmy said:

Interesting, I hadn't looked. We cancelled our May voyage to Greece/Israel about a month ago. And just on Friday I was set to book the identical voyage in May, 2022, but it was suddenly waitlist only. 

The problem is that these companies cant forecast so far ahead. Even that 2022 cruise might get cancelled at some point or dates may be moved. In any case, I really hope that you manage to somehow avoid all of those troubles my friend 

We've already had to rebook cruises from 2020 to 2021 to 2022. And some cruise lines have indicated that they will not book all cabins until they know that it's safe to do so. I'm not surprised that 2023 cruises are waitlisted.

People really want to cruise again, and now 2023 feels safe to do so. We really don't want to wait that long.

I'm not sure how to check if a SD cruise is waitlisted. We're booked for March 2022, which we booked back in September. I don't seem to be able to see the available cabins on the SD website without having to enter all of my personal information.

12 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

We've already had to rebook cruises from 2020 to 2021 to 2022. And some cruise lines have indicated that they will not book all cabins until they know that it's safe to do so. I'm not surprised that 2023 cruises are waitlisted.

People really want to cruise again, and now 2023 feels safe to do so. We really don't want to wait that long.

I'm not sure how to check if a SD cruise is waitlisted. We're booked for March 2022, which we booked back in September. I don't seem to be able to see the available cabins on the SD website without having to enter all of my personal information.

The waitlisted status shows as a sash across the voyage when you look up voyages in the main voyage search area if the entire voyage is waitlisted.  Decks and room types show up once you scroll down for a given voyage.  The color for that voyage’s box is also less vivid, kind of shaded, in addition to the sash, if the entire voyage is waitlisted. Short of it being shown as waitlisted for an entire voyage or room type I’m not aware the public website shows exact number of rooms booked/available.

I think what the original posting person and others, including us, find out is that supposedly the winter 2023 schedule was just this past week released to Club Members - in the past voyages were never waitlisted within days, except maybe one new itinerary. Does this mean others were given preferential treatment to book them?  Or is that SD is holding some back - either entire voyages or rooms on some - to see how things go?

On 2/21/2021 at 8:16 AM, JES4845 said:

The waitlisted status shows as a sash across the voyage when you look up voyages in the main voyage search area if the entire voyage is waitlisted.  Decks and room types show up once you scroll down for a given voyage.  The color for that voyage’s box is also less vivid, kind of shaded, in addition to the sash, if the entire voyage is waitlisted. Short of it being shown as waitlisted for an entire voyage or room type I’m not aware the public website shows exact number of rooms booked/available.

I think what the original posting person and others, including us, find out is that supposedly the winter 2023 schedule was just this past week released to Club Members - in the past voyages were never waitlisted within days, except maybe one new itinerary. Does this mean others were given preferential treatment to book them?  Or is that SD is holding some back - either entire voyages or rooms on some - to see how things go?

Well I still have no idea what you're referring to by saying that a sash (I thought you meant a slash, but you repeated it so?) across the voyage when you look up voyages in the main search area if the entire voyage is waitlisted. Nor do I see any less vivid areas. For our back to back cruises at the end of March next year, I see some cabins that say "call for availability" and others that indicate that only a 1 or 2 cabins are available for that cabin type. I looked at similar cruises in winter 2023, and it looks like nearly all cabins are available. That's what I saw previously, and it's what I see now. We've sailed  SD before, and we've booked through our Cruise TA as we did this time. I haven't seen any cruises marked as unavailable due to waitlisting. I've been looking at the SD website.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:31 PM, SWFLAOK said:

Well I still have no idea what you're referring to by saying that a sash (I thought you meant a slash, but you repeated it so?) across the voyage when you look up voyages in the main search area if the entire voyage is waitlisted. Nor do I see any less vivid areas. For our back to back cruises at the end of March next year, I see some cabins that say "call for availability" and others that indicate that only a 1 or 2 cabins are available for that cabin type. I looked at similar cruises in winter 2023, and it looks like nearly all cabins are available. That's what I saw previously, and it's what I see now. We've sailed  SD before, and we've booked through our Cruise TA as we did this time. I haven't seen any cruises marked as unavailable due to waitlisting. I've been looking at the SD website.

Perhaps banner is a better word?  It is a diagonal marking in the upper right hand corner of the voyage on www.seadream.com - a few say “limited” across that upper right corner (e.g., Sept. 11, 2011) voyage and some have “waitlisted” in that same upper right corner if the entire voyage is now sold out (e.g., Nov 2011 crossing).  Like you, we too have seen “call for availability” when you look into specific decks and rooms for a given voyage.  Hope this helps.  In any event, it is so encouraging we can start to look forward to greater likelihood of future voyages yet this year, and certainly in 2022 and beyond.