Happy Valentines Day....wish we were on a Seabourn ship today....

robertmartha

Being on a Seabourn ship would be SO much better than being in the current Polar Vortex and experiencing the worst winter weather of my lifetime of living in what I thought was a warm climate.  I think we all look forward to the day we can safely cruise again.  I just don't know when that will be.  

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 6:13 AM, SLSD said:

Being on a Seabourn ship would be SO much better than being in the current Polar Vortex and experiencing the worst winter weather of my lifetime of living in what I thought was a warm climate.

If you have power to read this, I am thinking of you and appreciating your situation.  Where I live, we have experienced blizzards and have had power knocked out for awhile.  Thanks be to God, our utilities have learned how to handle such situations most of the time.  Yes, we still have power outages at times.  Parts of the region where I live have suffered--and are suffering this as I type this.  But, the outages usually are corrected in a reasonable amount of time. 

It's always a shock to "flip a switch" or turn on a faucet" and nothing happens!  

Thank you rkacruiser.  We never did lose our power, even though we live in Texas and it got to 1 degree where we live.  We are in a water crisis and have to boil our water, or drink bottled water.  Our whole state has been in emergency mode.  We actually found our Seabourn jackets from our Alaskan cruise to be just the thing for taking the dog out on the worst days.  We're glad we brought them home and they brought back memories of the fun we had on Kobe to Vancouver itinerary.  I hope our state will get it together concerning our power grid as the power failure was a disaster with people dying during this winter storm in a state that was woefully unprepared.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SLSD said:

We never did lose our power, even though we live in Texas and it got to 1 degree where we live.  We are in a water crisis and have to boil our water, or drink bottled water.

Good to hear from you!  Not loosing power is a blessing for you as I suspect you understand.  Loosing water service and having no water--😱--that's just as bad, almost.  (One can live without a bath or one's morning coffee, but no heat!  That's another story as you well know.)  

Boiling water--which I have had to do when we have a water main break in my area--is a "pain".  Have started to keep a few bottles of water in my pantry, just in case.  

rkacruiser, Fortunately, we were well provisioned due to stocking our pantry because of the pandemic.  It is not lost on me that not everyone was able to do this--and many suffered due to a lack of electricity.  I felt guilty about our good fortune with both electricity and provisions.  I had a dream two nights ago  about about being on a Seabourn cruise, but woke up way too soon and could not continue the dream. I am hoping my dream was a good omen of things to come.   I am assuming vaccinations will be required.  Mr. SLSD and I have both had both doses of vaccine now---as we are both over the age of 65.  Even so, it was NOT easy to get the vaccine.  So many in our age cohort with severe medical issues are still waiting.  We are feeling more hopeful today---our boil water order has been lifted.  I look forward to great Seabourn cruises --maybe not until 2022--but the time will come!

• Like 1