Cruises cancelled departing on or before 30 April 2021

My first ever Marella cruise has now been cancelled. I was due to sail on the Discovery II on 28 April 2021 for 9 nights. Originally got a good price and, although the cancellation was obviously expected, I am really disappointed. Cruises later in the year, or next year, seem really expensive and so I will probably just take a full refund, unless Marella agree to “Lift and Shift” to a similar cruise at a later date at no extra cost like Royal Caribbean have been doing.

Yes disappointing Notts.I know how disappointed we were when our cruise in America this October was cancelled due to them bringing Discovery  back to cover The Dream in Europe

We,re booked on Discovery start of July and to be honest dont expect that to go ahead

So disappointing for you Notts,  was this your first cruise or first with Marella?

We have done many Marella cruises and were massively disappointed that we couldn't sail from Newcastle to the Baltic last year - we'd planned all our sightseeing  trips ashore and this was to be the last time Marella sailed from Newcastle. Sadly we won't  get the chance again - however after being cooped up for so long we are really looking forward to seeing more of our own beautiful  country this year.  Really hoping we will be back cruising 2022🤞

You certainly missed a treat with the Baltic, never mind you are safe and well. We have bit the bullet and booked for 2022 Eastern Med, done a lot of it before, but just like cruising - it does give us something to look forward to.

2 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

So disappointing for you Notts,  was this your first cruise or first with Marella?

We have done many Marella cruises and were massively disappointed that we couldn't sail from Newcastle to the Baltic last year - we'd planned all our sightseeing  trips ashore and this was to be the last time Marella sailed from Newcastle. Sadly we won't  get the chance again - however after being cooped up for so long we are really looking forward to seeing more of our own beautiful  country this year.  Really hoping we will be back cruising 2022🤞

I have cruised before with my husband and love it. This was going to be my first cruise with Marella and with my sister. We were really looking forward to it. I wanted to try Marella, and with everything included and flying from East Midlands it was ideal for us.

We’ll wait now until cruises start up again, and book another one then.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Chickenbalti said:

We had a Baltic cruise booked for last July leaving from Newcastle. It was for my 70th , sadly it never happened. This year we’ve taken a gamble and booked a Caribbean cruise for this Christmas & New Year.

Hope you make it as its a fantastic cruise, if you haven't been before I would recommend you upgrade the flight it is much more comfortable and a lot safer. 

• 2 weeks later...