NCL just cancelled through May 31

I was told by  Celebrity the other day that L&S are no more. In fact I did not trust the answer so I called again and got same answer. Remember you have to use FCC by 12/31/21 and on a cruise before 5/5/22. When will cruise lines adjust that. If cruise lines do not start for "real" for another 3-4 months, that will be 18 months of no sail.  Putting aside BK for a minute, whats the logistical nightmare of ~~~18 months of what was filled ships trying to get crammed into 6-9 months also allowing for cabins booked before covid. I would not want to have to clean up that mess.

if I was in charge of a cruise line I would get approval for BK proceedings (remembering  these companies are under foreign laws)

Choices are to "stick it to creditors" but leave the paying customers whole. or close down and let new companies buy the operating assets at a huge discount and start all over.

Then whats the right time? do they wait till they really start trial cruises where revenues are close? What about the valued employees, the people that make our cruises enjoyable.

On the other side, the paying customers --split opinions and no easy resolution. Wear masks or not, vaccines or not, level of testing before boarding and during cruise, distancing at pool and meals and theater and bars and gosh darn anywhere etc, Excursion rules.

Way too many variables to comprehend.

so its going to take a long time to get sorted out. My Nov family cruise is looking like toast. and Spring 2022, who knows? And then what about the rest of the hospitality sector that interacts with cruises--flights, hotels , restaurants, car rentals. Most everything has to be co-ordinates. and I am glad I do not have to fix it all.

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

no  if they follow what they have been doing now they will let you move price protected to the same ship within one week before or after your sail date

Not concerned with price protection for the next year, just about getting our money back and or getting a 125% that we can apply to a future royal cruise.  We really get no interest in the bank so 125% credit a good deal as we have 3 royal cruises booked through 2022

26 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

was told by  Celebrity the other day that L&S are no more. In fact I did not trust the answer so I called again and got same answer. Remember you have to use FCC by 12/31/21 and on a cruise before 5/5/22.

You have a bit of incorrect information.

FCC's now have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

While the original lift and shift expired Jan 31, 2022, both Royal and Celebrity are now offering a modified lift and shift for sailings that they cancel.  For those sailings cancelled as well as all Alaska and Canada sailings they are allowing you to lift and shift one year +/- 1 week to the same ship and itinerary.  This also includes lifting and shifting a second time.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have a bit of incorrect information.

FCC's now have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

While the original lift and shift expired Jan 31, 2022, both Royal and Celebrity are now offering a modified lift and shift for sailings that they cancel.  For those sailings cancelled as well as all Alaska and Canada sailings they are allowing you to lift and shift one year +/- 1 week to the same ship and itinerary.  This also includes lifting and shifting a second time.

was that with Celebrity?  I just booked last week and they told me several times it had to be May 4 or 5 22--if one does it they will all do it.

it does not appear to help yet on my thanksgiving 2022 family RCL cruise where we have to wait to cancel.

Edited by HMR74

51 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

was that with Celebrity?  I just booked last week and they told me several times it had to be May 4 or 5 22--if one does it they will all do it.

it does not appear to help yet on my thanksgiving 2022 family RCL cruise where we have to wait to cancel.

cut and paste from Celebrity website-still the same. Assuming they update their webite when needed

image.thumb.png.443954b4c31c82d93eba42a0032c6e82.png

51 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

The FCC information is with Royal.  I think Celebrity’s may vary depending on whether it was a global suspension or a cancellation 7nder CWC.

I assumed you were posting information pertaining to Royal since this is a Royal forum. 

8 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

cut and paste from Celebrity website-still the same. Assuming they update their webite when needed

image.thumb.png.443954b4c31c82d93eba42a0032c6e82.png

That portion o& their website does not appear to have been updated. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Global_Suspension_FAQs_Feb12.pdf

Q. #16: Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking?

A: Yes. These FCCs can be applied to satisfy any remaining balance due for the cruise fare on an existing booking. However, FCCs cannot be used to obtain a refund. A recent enhancement now allows multiple FCCs to be applied per guest within the same reservation. All Global Suspension and Cruise with Confidence FCCs are valid for use by 4/30/22 on sailings departing on or before 9/30/22.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

usually RCL and Celebrity are in lockstep with this.

Our Thanksgiving family trip this year is on Oasis, and just us grandparents spring 22 on Reflection--thinking about just cancelling the 21 trip and booking the same for 22, but not unless they apply the deposit-and a L&S would be much better. And those trips book fast.

Having info helps the decision making.

But I  think I need a lawyer to read those 6 pages,.

Edited by HMR74

On 2/16/2021 at 11:09 AM, DCGuy64 said:

Neither of these cruises has cost us anything more than deposit money so we're not liable for a great financial loss. I understand that others are not as lucky.

I have two cruises that I moved to 2022 before final payment was due and I look at it exactly the same way.

• Like 2

Hello,

Can someone please help me with a Lift & Shift question?

I am betting on May 2021 cruises being cancelled. Thus far I have not booked any May 2022 cruises in anticipation of May 2021 being cancelled and being able to L&S to May 2022. I am talking only about cruises ex Southampton and on Anthem.

With the calendar fixed and a 'choice' of only one ship, there remains only one variable - the itinerary.

Should what I expect happen, will the options open/denied to me by RCI be at the personal whim and questionable knowledge of European geography  of the agent with whom I am dealing or has someone (hopefully with a good knowledge of geography) drawn-up a 'master list' of all the possibilities? It shouldn't be too taxing as there should only be three itineraries on it!

Regards,

Cublet

50 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Can someone please help me with a Lift & Shift question?

I am betting on May 2021 cruises being cancelled. Thus far I have not booked any May 2022 cruises in anticipation of May 2021 being cancelled and being able to L&S to May 2022. I am talking only about cruises ex Southampton and on Anthem.

With the calendar fixed and a 'choice' of only one ship, there remains only one variable - the itinerary.

Should what I expect happen, will the options open/denied to me by RCI be at the personal whim and questionable knowledge of European geography  of the agent with whom I am dealing or has someone (hopefully with a good knowledge of geography) drawn-up a 'master list' of all the possibilities? It shouldn't be too taxing as there should only be three itineraries on it!

Regards,

Cublet

In a similar situation with you with Anthem this summer. We have the 8 night Norweigian cruise booked. If cancelled and offered to move until 2022, the only issue is that there's no 8 night sailings from Southampton in 2022! There's only Vision from Barcelona or Odyssey from Rome, not sure what they'd think about a L&S to either of them!

20 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

In a similar situation with you with Anthem this summer. We have the 8 night Norweigian cruise booked. If cancelled and offered to move until 2022, the only issue is that there's no 8 night sailings from Southampton in 2022! There's only Vision from Barcelona or Odyssey from Rome, not sure what they'd think about a L&S to either of them!

Hello,

I'm on the 9 night Fjords in June (with more non-Fjords ports-of-call than Fjords) so in a slightly even worse position. Should June get cancelled too, given the massive increase in prices in 2022 over 2021, swapping my 9 night in 2021 for 7 night 2022 for the same price might still be better than taking a refund and booking afresh.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm on the 9 night Fjords in June (with more non-Fjords ports-of-call than Fjords) so in a slightly even worse position. Should June get cancelled too, given the massive increase in prices in 2022 over 2021, swapping my 9 night in 2021 for 7 night 2022 for the same price might still be better than taking a refund and booking afresh.

Regards,

Cublet

I was due to sail on the Jewel TA Copenhagen to Boston in Aug 2021 (12 nights).  This sailing is on 'hold' due to the Canadian ports being shut.  I paid just over £1,400 solo for an outside on deck 4

RCI released the Voyager TA Copenhagen to Boston  for Sept 2022 (14 nights).  Starting price for an inside was over £2,600 pps and an outside solo would be over £6,500!!

I was allowed to 'Lift & Shift' with price & OBC protection to the Voyager TA even though it is 2 days longer and I just had to pay the extra taxes.  So @cublet check your options and hopefully you will get price protection too. 

• Like 2

Just want to thank the group here for the discussion. Gives me parameters-of what to expect for my Nov 21 cruise planned and the Nov 22's have not been offered yet.

Edited by HMR74

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Maybe today will be the day??  Or at least by the end of next week

The one year anniversary of when they started cancelling is next week, so my bet is on or before March 10😷

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, shopaholic6 said:

Lets hope so!!  My payment is due on 11th 🤣

Is that for a May cruise or a June cruise? I doubt they will cancel June cruises until after all of the final payment dates for June cruises have passed.

Since the deadline to Lift & Shift cancelled Odyssey cruises is March 18, I predict the next round of cancellations will be March 19. If it’s sooner - even better. 

I also think RCI’s next announcement will include June. With Odyssey’s move from Rome departures to Haifa,  and only for vaccinated residents of Israel - RCI knows that other European cruises won’t be sailing their current itineraries in May or June.

Edited by NancyIL

On 2/17/2021 at 5:00 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

They are.

Sorry if this has been asked before.  Do you know when 2022 Fall/Winter TA itineraries will come out- before March 18, I hope.  We have the Oct. 2021 Odyssey TA that's been cancelled and have to lift and shift by March 18.  Think it will be out by then?  We would like to lift and shift it to the Oct. 2022 Odyssey TA.  Thanks you.

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Sorry if this has been asked before.  Do you know when 2022 Fall/Winter TA itineraries will come out- before March 18, I hope.  We have the Oct. 2021 Odyssey TA that's been cancelled and have to lift and shift by March 18.  Think it will be out by then?  We would like to lift and shift it to the Oct. 2022 Odyssey TA.  Thanks you.

They should be out next week.