New Ship Name Revealed tomorrow 18/2/21

cruisefan2012

19 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I may be reading too much into the video, but is the final picture of the couple forming the letter A a clue? Mind you the rest of the fleet names end with an A. My money is with joeecco - Isla. The stick the girl on the beach is holding could be the L.

I thought the same but it looks like a Caribbean Island so my money is on Aruba 😁

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I think he will be banned from UK and will retaliate.  Also they have the worst infection rate of Covid

No chance that he will be banned. He has friends in the highest circles of society, including the Queen and makes great contributions to the ‘sport of kings’ (which in the early days was war, not hunting or horse racing - take your pick). 

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

There is two other Excel ships to be homeported there. Dubai and the gulf are becoming increasingly popular with families with the activities and shopping so I think it may well be an option. 

But Dubai is a nasty place. Full of ostentatious wealth, blonde Russian lady "companions",and an awful summer climate. Once you've been once, that's enough.  

And shopping in the equivalent of Bluewater is not a reason for cruising, imho.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But Dubai is a nasty place. Full of ostentatious wealth, blonde Russian lady "companions",and an awful summer climate. Once you've been once, that's enough.  

And shopping in the equivalent of Bluewater is not a reason for cruising, imho.

Add money laundering capital of the planet.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Add money laundering capital of the planet.

And the alleged centre for “no questions” selling/buying for gold and gems.

There is serious money involved.

A good friend had a jewellery business in St Maarten. The hurricane struck and looters stole the store’s safe.  Moved to London’s Hatton Garden, established another strong business.  In Dubai for the last two years “trading” doing very well indeed.  Dubai is now the Head Office.  Negotiating to open a large high end jewellery store inside the new Jannah hotel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

No chance that he will be banned. He has friends in the highest circles of society, including the Queen and makes great contributions to the ‘sport of kings’ (which in the early days was war, not hunting or horse racing - take your pick). 

Back in the 70,s if you were naughty my company sent you to work in the middle East. Folks go there on holiday now. No idea why.

2 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

P&O Cruises just announced on facebook that at 10am tomorrow so Thursday 18th February 2021 they will reveal the name of the new ship

Any wild guesses?...........

My emails are not co operating today but looked at the P&O website and cannot see anything.  Can anyone provide a link please?

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Back in the 70,s if you were naughty my company sent you to work in the middle East. Folks go there on holiday now. No idea why.

Or the Far East. Expats were known as "filth" - Failed in London, try Hongkong.   

• Haha 3