100% vaccinated sailings

Indianadaytripper

In my view I see no reason to have a much different cruising experience ONBOARD. With a 100% inoculated passengers and crew fully vaccinated 14 days before and tested prior to sailing.

Visiting in other nations, their rules would have to adhered too.

Imagine working out on a bike, or treadmill, or on the walking deck with a mask on in 90 degree heat. Not a fun cruise.

This of course, are just my thoughts. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Indianadaytripper said:

In my view I see no reason to have a much different cruising experience ONBOARD. With a 100% inoculated passengers and crew fully vaccinated 14 days before and tested prior to sailing.

Visiting in other nations, their rules would have to adhered too.

Imagine working out on a bike, or treadmill, or on the walking deck with a mask on in 90 degree heat. Not a fun cruise.

This of course, are just my thoughts. 

Is the US vaccinating non-citizens?  How would the crew members get vaccinated?

L.

Because the initial vaccine trials were not set up to assess how well (or even whether) the vaccine PREVENTS someone spreading the virus, I expect that cruise lines will continue to require masks and social distancing for a while -- some have already come out with their initial guidance to guests that states this.

What the vaccine does do effectively is minimize or prevent serious symptoms in vaccinated people who are exposed.

Regarding crew -- again, I know that at least one line has said all crew will be vaccinated but they did not elaborate on any plans for how this would actually take place. Most countries are scrambling to get as many doses as they can for their own citizens. It's hard to imagine that they will be very willing to vaccinate non-citizens, at least not for the next 6-8 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leerathje said:

Is the US vaccinating non-citizens?  How would the crew members get vaccinated?

L.

I believe some of the states are vaccinating everyone when there criteria comes up. My thought is the cruise companies would be required to vaccinate all crew members. All passengers would have that requirement placed upon themselves. Just like any other vaccination requirements. This also would be from anyone boarding. These vaccines will be available to everyone in the picture eventually.

39 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Patience, it takes a while to make and distribute 600 million plus doses.

And you also have to have the weather cooperate, which does not seem to be happening this winter. We had our first vaccines, and were scheduled for our seconds tomorrow afternoon, but got a postponement call. Now, weather permitting, we are scheduled for March 1st.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And you also have to have the weather cooperate, which does not seem to be happening this winter. We had our first vaccines, and were scheduled for our seconds tomorrow afternoon, but got a postponement call. Now, weather permitting, we are scheduled for March 1st.

I would not like that!

3 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I would not like that!

But what can you do. Major transportation hubs for both FedEx and UPS are right in the middle of the worst of the current winter weather. I saw a news article today that had some official stating that they were going to send National Guard Troops to pick up the vaccine and transport it back to their state. 

Another said she had to close all her vaccination centers for tomorrow, because the had no vaccine left. 

• Like 1

I understand it no one fault.  I would hate to go six weeks between shots when the protocol is four weeks.  Probably doesn’t matter but who knows.  I would have hoped they could catchup quicker.  After all, the disrupted distribution should catch up next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I am in Texas and mine was postponed from Friday to Sunday.  I lucked into the absolute best hub to be vaccinated, these guys take their role in saving the world very seriously.  Kudos to the Allen Texas fires department 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Happened to our county in FL also - we were supposed to get our second Moderna tomorrow, but now postponed to Feb 27 😞

Also Crystal has also now said all guests must be vaccinated:

"Crystal Cruises has confirmed it will now require all guests to be fully inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to their Crystal cruise.

Guests will need to provide proof of vaccination before embarkation and must have received both doses of the vaccine if recommended by the manufacturer by that timeline, the company said".

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24410-crystal-cruises-to-require-covid-19-vaccine-for-guests.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I would not like that!

DW definitely not only does not like that, she absolutely HATES it! She was super fine with Friday shots since if there was a reaction it would not cause her to miss a teaching day. (I think the last time she took a sick day was when she had emergency surgery, and that was not this century.)

Also she cited the 28 days you were supposed to have between the Moderna vaccines. I reassured here when I read somewhere on these boards that it is supposed to be within 42 days, We better not have another delay!

Cruise companies can demand 100% inoculation. But, will still need to observe masking/distancing.

Pfizer/Moderna may provide 95% protection against serious symptoms. But, that means 1/20 is unprotected. On a 4k passenger ship, that's 200 pax. Let's not repeat the Ruby Princess disaster.

In addition, there will be fake documents. Already available in Mexico...

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/two-air-passengers-fined-10k-201253990.html

Those poor fellow travelers on the plane!!!