San Pedro Lunch?

MarkBearSF

We just booked the Cabo cruise on the Ruby Princess on August 28, 2021. (I'm hoping that they'll get some ships going on limited itineraries this summer). We live in SF and will be doing same-day air down. Since we aren't totally foolhardy, we'll likely take a plane that arrives around 10:00 or so (with 2-3 other good possibilities later, in case there is a problem). That will leave us arriving before boarding begins. Sitting in a crowded terminal for a couple of hours isn't my idea of a good time, so I was wondering if there is any place near the San Pedro pier that you'd recommend for lunch (and perhaps a bon voyage drink with a view of the water). We'd likely be grabbing a cab or a Lyft at the pier after dropping off our luggage.

The Queen Mary is on the other side of the harbor from where Princess ships board, but if you have sufficient time then lunch aboard there might be a fun way to start your cruise.   Then take an Uber to the Princess dock.

Edited by Smokeyham

My favorite is the San Pedro Brewing Co.

Brew Pub & American Grill | Brewery Restaurant | San Pedro Brewing Co.

I love their Tri-tip sandwich...

It is actually walking distance from the pier...less than a mile...Walk along in front of the cruise berths and USS Iowa, then cross Harbor Blvd. at 6th street ...and it's about two short blocks on your left...the block after the Crowne Plaza...

11 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

San Pedro Brewing is nice, but to be on the water, we like the 22nd St Landing Seafood Grill & Bar.

I usually point to the 22nd St. Landing to those staying at the Doubletree, but for a pre-cruise lunch, it's a little bit far from the cruise terminal...San Pedro Brewing Co., is walking distance...same with the Green Onion and a few others...Used to be Acapulco on the water close to the pier, which though a chain restaurant at least had a great water-side setting...but, alas, with all of the redevelopment, it's been torn down...

I’d secon San Pedro Brewing — but I have to question your timing.  If your plane lands at 10:00 you are not likely to get to the terminal much before noon - fine to drop of bags and get to San Pedro Brewing (good spot) -  but with any significant delay, you will be playing it close. I would shoot for getting a flight due in by 8:00 or so.  As a general rule, if I have to fly to the port city, I due it the day before boarding.