A Two Week West Coast and Alaska Cruise out of LA or San Diego?

Smokeyham

With the Canadian ports closed until early 2022 I am wondering if anyone has heard of any plans for a cruise line to offer a two week or similar length cruise that would leave and return to LA or San Diego, stop in at Ensenada Mexico to meet PVSA requirements, and then head up and back to Alaska?

I'm thinking of the model used by Princess where they have cruises to Hawaii from San Francisco, and stop in Ensenada on the way back.

Of course, passengers would have to have their shots and Covid be more under control, but this seems like an opportunity for some Alaska cruising this year, perhaps in August and early September.

Being a longer cruise it would have a limited audience but since older people have first access to the vaccines it seems that there would be a market for this.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Smokeyham said:

Thanks!  We can  keep hoping and dreaming!!!  🙂

On 2/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Smokeyham said:

Thanks!  We can  keep hoping and dreaming!!!  🙂

There are longer than 7 day cruises available. Have part of a B2B 8 days and in 2022 a 14 day Hawaii cruise booked. Alaska is  another story, since Canada is shut down until 2022. When Canada opens up you will see the 14 day cruises become available.

1 hour ago, skrufy said:

There are longer than 7 day cruises available. Have part of a B2B 8 days and in 2022 a 14 day Hawaii cruise booked. Alaska is  another story, since Canada is shut down until 2022. When Canada opens up you will see the 14 day cruises become available.

The longer cruises aren't available until after Nov 1, 2021, when the current ban on longer cruises expires.

• 1 month later...

when available I would do SF first but that wasnt one of your options😁

Personally San Diego over LA any day

The pier is steps away from good food and layed backed people

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:14 PM, jonbgd said:

when available I would do SF first but that wasnt one of your options😁

Personally San Diego over LA any day

The pier is steps away from good food and layed backed people

Of course -- ask anyone with any sense who has spent any time in both LA and San Diego.   

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2021 at 5:07 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

San Diego hands down.  But keep in mind the northbound sailing along the CA coast is some of the roughest seas you will find.  

There are no cruises like the OP described. It was wishful thinking.

10 hours ago, scottca075 said:

There are no cruises like the OP described. It was wishful thinking.

Now that the Passenger Vessel Services Act has been suspended and cruises can now resume to Alaska without a stop in Canada my original question is moot.

For out and backs from Seattle I suspect passengers will like the idea that their final evening on board is not broken up by a mandatory stop in Victoria or Vancouver and this may well turn out  to be very popular. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Now that the Passenger Vessel Services Act has been suspended and cruises can now resume to Alaska without a stop in Canada my original question is moot.

For out and backs from Seattle I suspect passengers will like the idea that their final evening on board is not broken up by a mandatory stop in Victoria or Vancouver and this may well turn out  to be very popular. 

Note the Alaska Tourist Act only allows for cruises from Seattle, not from California, for example. A cruise from San Francisco would need to stop in a Canadian port.

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Note the Alaska Tourist Act only allows for cruises from Seattle, not from California, for example. A cruise from San Francisco would need to stop in a Canadian port.

Thanks..... I didn't know that.  That  is too bad.  The round trip from San Francisco  offered by Princess is a very nice cruise.