FCO to Florence High Speed Train Times?

nini

I know I had this information and website at one time and now I seem to have misplaced it.

We would like to get on the train from FCO to Florence after landing in Rome. The flight we

are looking at would land at 8:00 am and I vaguely recall that the high speed train left FCO

at 11:00 am

Would this be plenty of time to clear customs and get the ticket and board?

Thanks

In follow up to the other thread, checking trenitalia, there are no high speed trains from FCO to Florence. You need to change to the high speed at Termini, or occasionally at one of two other places, depending on the exact train you take.

With Covid, train options are a bit more limited in Italy, so trenitalia is the place to be looking. But I seriously doubt there will be a high speed from FCO.

Once tourism is up and running again this train, which I think ran twice per day, may return but like all things post-Covid it's impossible to know for sure.

To answer your question about passport control, baggage claim and train tickets, three hours is far more than enough time to accomplish all of that.  One hour is cutting it close, two hours is plenty of pad time, three hours is a bit excessive.

Edited by euro cruiser

I found the web page that I saved. I would appreciate any input on whether or not

the "AV" trains are running or will be running.

Frequent Trains from Rome Fiumicino Airport to Florence

Upon arrival at Fiumicino, you can choose either the Leonardo Express, a Regionale FL1 train, or a high-speed Alta Velocità (AV) train. The AV train is ideal if you’re not planning to spend any time in Rome and want to get straight on to Florence from the airport.

The AV trains are Frecciargento, the mid-range of the AV line, which leaves from FCO twice per day, at 11:08 a.m. and 3:08 p.m. They do stop along the way in Rome, but you don’t need to change trains. This trip takes 2 hours and 24 minutes, and ticket prices range from $28-34.

Thank you all.

2 minutes ago, nini said:

I found the web page that I saved. I would appreciate any input on whether or not

the "AV" trains are running or will be running.

Frequent Trains from Rome Fiumicino Airport to Florence

Upon arrival at Fiumicino, you can choose either the Leonardo Express, a Regionale FL1 train, or a high-speed Alta Velocità (AV) train. The AV train is ideal if you’re not planning to spend any time in Rome and want to get straight on to Florence from the airport.

The AV trains are Frecciargento, the mid-range of the AV line, which leaves from FCO twice per day, at 11:08 a.m. and 3:08 p.m. They do stop along the way in Rome, but you don’t need to change trains. This trip takes 2 hours and 24 minutes, and ticket prices range from $28-34.

Thank you all.

When I looked at the trenitalia website, which is something you should use...it has the best schedule and prices, but you can only see, and buy, 4 months ahead. But that is usually when the best prices are. Almost all the other sites, like Rail Europe, show you schedules further in advance, but cost more.

Anyway, when I looked yesterday, neither high speed train was operating from FCO out 4 months.

Some things to consider,  are you travelling light?  You will need to lift suitcases onto overhead racks,  take them down in Termini,  walk a ways,  switch to another train and put them up again.  

or rent a car and drive a short distance into Tuscany or Umbria and perhaps day trip 

or fly into Florence directly instead?   

Edited by bennybear

bennybear- I appreciate your points (especially about the luggage).

Originally, we wanted to fly into Rome, but apparently, whatever airport

there is, it does not accommodate international flights and is not available

on the Princess EZAir. That was my original thought, but oh well.

3 minutes ago, nini said:

Can't speak for Princess air, but Florence is definitely doable on one stop from Seattle (I guessed where you were flying out of, and used July). You can either fly through Amsterdam, or Paris.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Can't speak for Princess air, but Florence is definitely doable on one stop from Seattle (I guessed where you were flying out of, and used July). You can either fly through Amsterdam, or Paris.

True, either out of Seattle or Portland since they are both equidistant from us. Free parking

in Portland due to kids taking us to the airport. 😃

I have scoured the Princess EZAir flights and darn...

18 hours ago, nini said:

on the Princess EZAir. 

Both of Rome airports (FCO and CIA) are international airports and do accommodate international flights.  EZAir may not fly there, but that has nothing to do with the airports. 

1 hour ago, marazul said:

Both of Rome airports (FCO and CIA) are international airports and do accommodate international flights.  EZAir may not fly there, but that has nothing to do with the airports. 

I realize that, if you have read all of my posts. It is Princess EZAir that does

not offer Florence as a destination for this particular cruise.

21 hours ago, nini said:

I think you may have meant Florence,  but said Rome, which  Marazul responded to.  
You also you may be able to change the destination, IIRC there is a drop down menu, or may be worth a call to the air pricing cruise people.  I have found them very helpful.  

Edited by bennybear

Hi bennybear- Thanks for the correction... I am usually more careful.

Great minds... I was also thinking of just calling Princess directly.

From past experience, sometimes they have flights that are not listed.

It is sure worth a shot.

• Like 1

Rome2Rio is a good start but it's far from comprehensive and does, on occasion, present outdated information.  It is a good way to get started but always double check directly with the services suggested.  And ask questions, here or on Trip Advisor, to learn about options that R2R doesn't present.