Drink Package

runner2013

Hi all, 

We are booked on a cruise next year and I happen to read on another post Princess does not make both people in a cabin get the alcohol  drink package if he/she does not want it. Is that correct or did I misinterpret what I read? We are new to sailing on Princess and just assumed (I know, you never do that) it was the same for them as it is for a lot of other lines we've sailed on.

I can't seem to find anything in the fine print saying one way of the other.

Any help much appreciated.

thanks  

Drink packages can be purchased individually, not everyone in the cabin is required to purchase one.

Another option is to make your booking with the premium benefits which includes wifi/Internet access, pre-paid gratuities and the drink package. It works out to about $40 USD per day per person. Minors in the cabin don't get alcohol but do get unlimited sodas and so on.

2 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Drink packages can be purchased individually, not everyone in the cabin is required to purchase one.

Another option is to make your booking with the premium benefits which includes wifi/Internet access, pre-paid gratuities and the drink package. It works out to about $40 USD per day per person. Minors in the cabin don't get alcohol but do get unlimited sodas and so on.

with Princess Plus or Best Sale Ever ( wifi, grats, beverages ) it is booked for all passengers in the cabin - some have reported being able to have minor children removed from that package

so if 2 adults only in a cabin - it will run $ 80 per day - and a single drink package is around $ 70 per day by itself

1 hour ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all, 

We are booked on a cruise next year and I happen to read on another post Princess does not make both people in a cabin get the alcohol  drink package if he/she does not want it. Is that correct or did I misinterpret what I read? We are new to sailing on Princess and just assumed (I know, you never do that) it was the same for them as it is for a lot of other lines we've sailed on.

I can't seem to find anything in the fine print saying one way of the other.

Any help much appreciated.

thanks  

This is correct, but no sharing. But you should do the math. A drink package cost right around $71/pp/day. The current best sale ever promo costs $40/pp/day extra over the no frills fare and includes the auto hotel service gratuities which range from $14.50 to $16.50/pp/day, unlimited internet, Premier Drink Package and cabin upgrade within the category. Specialty dining is also included. The math goes like this.

Extra cost $40/pp/day, approx. $15/pp/day is the autogratuity which is charged to your accounts if you take the no frills fare. If you want internet that is around $10 per day for one package. If you only purchase one package it nets to $5/pp/day. The net additional cost is then right around $20/pp/day and can be less if you both want internet. $20 is a couple of alcoholic drinks or one alcoholic drink a few specialty coffees and some soda or bottles water. It's well worth the extra cost vs. purchasing the Premier Beverage Package separately. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 3

Do also consider that the PBP covers all beverages, not just alcohol.  Coffee, teas, soda, milkshakes, mocktails, bottled water.  We always picked up some bottled waters for excursions.  One day I also worked my way through the Bellini menu in Bellini's.  Yum!  Oh, and do try the after dinner drink menu!  Who knew I would like cognac!?!  The almond hot chocolate is super good too!  Ok, now I'm just reminiscing...and longing for my next trip!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Do also consider that the PBP covers all beverages, not just alcohol.  Coffee, teas, soda, milkshakes, mocktails, bottled water.  We always picked up some bottled waters for excursions.  One day I also worked my way through the Bellini menu in Bellini's.  Yum!  Oh, and do try the after dinner drink menu!  Who knew I would like cognac!?!  The almond hot chocolate is super good too!  Ok, now I'm just reminiscing...and longing for my next trip!

Never heard of the almond hot chocolate, I will have to try it!  Thanks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'll have to remember to recommend that to my wife. I think she would love it.

get a can of spray Redi-Whip to put on top 

it's our go to nightcap now sitting by the firepit when the sun goes down and it drops below 70 here

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'll have to remember to recommend that to my wife. I think she would love it.

I'm drooling already......I know that's night an image you want dancing around in your head.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 6:39 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Bellini Menu???? 

That's right up my alley😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

it's our go to nightcap now sitting by the firepit when the sun goes down and it drops below 70 here

Sounds like an instant sugar rush to me.  I think I'll stick yo the red wine!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, skynight said:

Almond hot chocolate to us means hot chocolate with Amaretto. Excellent.

I'm of Italian descent and speak the language a bit.  Amaretto actually means slightly bitter, not almonds.  I think the great tasting DiSarrono brand is made with apricot kernel oil from the pits (no almonds) though I think almonds are used in some other brands.  The almond flavour comes from benzaldehyde which is found in peach, apricot, and almond pits.

Edited by hobbyfarmer2
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2021 at 4:58 PM, hobbyfarmer2 said:

I'm of Italian descent and speak the language a bit.  Amaretto actually means slightly bitter, not almonds.  I think the great tasting DiSarrono brand is made with apricot kernel oil from the pits (no almonds) though I think almonds are used in some other brands.  The almond flavour comes from benzaldehyde which is found in peach, apricot, and almond pits.

I thought I heard that Italy made DiSarrono ( which yes we enjoy) could not call their drink Amaretto anymore . . .  I think it was exactly for the reason you described

On 2/26/2021 at 4:46 PM, skynight said:

They can top it with whip cream on board if requested. 

Last few sailings the spray can of whip cream has been "NON DAIRY".   For me anyways its just not the same so we pass on that.  

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 4:58 PM, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Does that mean that I can find Amaretto that is almond free?  I am allergic to almonds but love the taste.

Disaronno is an Italian amaretto that infuses alcohol with apricot kernel oil, essences of herbs and fruits, and burnt sugar. It offers a mix of sweet and bitter flavor with hints of cherry and almond. Disaronno is a great option for drinking but also makes a useful ingredient in baking and dessert making.

I would contact this company via their web page explain your situation and ask your questions. Disaronno has a web page with a contact on the bottom.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:58 PM, voljeep said:

I'm guessing the "almond hot chocolate" is an alcoholic drink (?). If so, you should be able to request whipped cream from the bartender. I know they have it at the coffee/bar (next to the International Cafe) because I request it for my real hot chocolate (no extra charge).

EDIT: should have read further before I posted. Skynight beat me to it.

Edited by JF - retired RRT