Favorite Princess staff (pictures if you have one)

amphoto

So many to mention.  One stands out above the rest.  Met Prashant Chimbaikar while on a short Golden cruise.  Returned for many more of her "short" cruises.  He began as our waiter.  Then moved to the Crown Grill/Suite breakfasts.  He was on his way upward.  Just before I left, he informed me that by the time I returned, he would be a head waiter.  Sure enough, several years later, he remembered me, approached me in the Piazza, AND was a head waiter on the Golden.  I hope to see him again soon, but since the Golden has been transferred, not sure where he is.  I was very proud to see him make his way through the ranks.  Glad to see that Princess rewards her loyal staff with promotions.  

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 12:22 PM, capriccio said:

I don't have a picture but I'll give a shout out to Carmen in Vines on the Crown Princess. She is so friendly to everyone, knowledgeable about wine, and loves her job. We sailed with her for 31 days and then 2 1/2 years later we re-boarded the Crown and she remembered us and our names the first morning of the cruise when working as a barrista in the International Cafe.  She even asked if my sister and brother-in-law were cruising with us (they had been on the first cruise)! 

As others have noted, over the years we've completed commendation cards and provided extra tips to recognize many Princess waiters and stewards.

I was very excited to see your comment. I took a screenshot and sent it to Carmen as I'm very close friends with her. She wanted me to pass the message on to you, to let you know you have literally made her day as you gave her the world's biggest smile. She truly misses her job onboard and all of her passengers. She wanted me to pass on the very big thank you, for your kind words.

• Like 3

Absolutely loved CD Dave Clark. The guy was great. Sadly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find he's gone on to other pursuits. How many of the great cruise staff can afford this much time without employment?

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I was very excited to see your comment. I took a screenshot and sent it to Carmen as I'm very close friends with her. She wanted me to pass the message on to you, to let you know you have literally made her day as you gave her the world's biggest smile. She truly misses her job onboard and all of her passengers. She wanted me to pass on the very big thank you, for your kind words.

Jeter02 - that just made my day!  My smile right now rivals her’s.  Thank you so much.  

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 2:46 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Hands down, this guy! Our favourite Cruise Director - Matt O!

We have never sailed with Matt as a CD but did sail with him when he was one of the assistant CDs. At that time I he really made an impression on us and I made a point of telling him I thought he was "going to be a great CD someday".  Apparently I was correct as he has a massive following.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Absolutely loved CD Dave Clark. The guy was great. Sadly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find he's gone on to other pursuits. How many of the great cruise staff can afford this much time without employment?

That's a good point! It's very possible that many of our favorite staff members may have moved on to other things!

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

That's awesome!

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I'm very concerned that some of the cruise staff will not return. As you say, how long can they afford to "wait and see". So sad.

• Like 1

David Juneau. He's a pianist but not contract labor. He's actually a Princess employee. While others hung out in Crooner's listening to Tommy McPhee (?) we would head to Wheelhouse to listen to, and interact with David. He doesn't sing but is an amazing pianist and loves to take requests. Sometimes he will say he doesn't really know a song but will try to "fake it" and then gives a great version of the song. We saw him one night in the buffet and he invited us to sit with him while he was eating had a good talk. We were on Caribbean Princess at the time and he was a bit worried as he was being transferred to the Chinese cruises and wasn't at all sure how he would be received there. We would absolutely love to sail with him again.

• Like 1

Brandy V. was our waiter in the Da Vinci dining room on the Ruby Princess.  He was by far the best waiter we have ever had on any cruise.  Very pleasant, fast, efficient, and anticipated all of our needs.  I wish I had taken a picture with him.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, CineGraphic said:

Nobody can make us laugh harder than Mirella from Romania. She is fabulous!

2028963832_ScreenShot2021-02-21at8_49_30PM.thumb.png.122700693b85bf3cb8232184e49c191b.png

If you were to add maybe 40 pounds you would be a dead ringer for our primary care physician. I showed this picture to my wife and she agrees. You have a near twin here in Butte County.

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you were to add maybe 40 pounds you would be a dead ringer for our primary care physician. I showed this picture to my wife and she agrees. You have a near twin here in Butte County.

Someone who looks like me!?

Give him my condolences!

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2021 at 5:39 AM, billco said:

This was a TA on the Emerald Princess May 2015. Didn't see this very often on princess cruises, but it was a nice touch.

151E373E-7941-4D4B-94E5-B64541527A79.jpeg

Ohhh I remember that from a 10 day Carribean in March 2015.  So nice to come back to after being in a hot port!

• Like 1

I only had the milk and cookies come by once. I was walking across Lido deck and noticed that Casablanca had just started. I took a lounge for "just a minute" (I ended up watching the whole movie) and partway through a trolley came through with milk and cookies. I thought it was great but never saw it again.

• Like 3

On 2/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, Bgwest said:

Mary Grace. Club Class server on the CB in Nov/Dec 2018.
Heard she moved to the Sky.

We look for her the first time we enter the MDR on each new cruise. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e60a3a44e343666046e0fda8c8b8d258.jpeg

We loved Mary Grace (sorry to cross you!) and that team in the CB club class. We were on in October 2018. Was Arnold still there, with is magic tricks?

Edited by donswife
  • Like 1