Will ships be stopped from sailing from British ports before 17th May?

Windsurfboy

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Well sorry, but in your own picture above in Green, it says 17th May - in the last column it says domestic overnight stay followed by International Travel.

Read the news Jean. You’re jumping on a lot of bandwagons when you don’t have the correct information

4E3552B4-F566-4BE4-B1F5-EEB5D76696B0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

In my opinion, there is no chance of P&O starting cruises in May. Even if the government says a couple of days before the cruise is due to leave that cruising can restart, logistically it would be impossible to achieve in such a short space of time. They will announce a next tranche of cancellations, probably fairly soon, and my guess is that nothing will go before July unless a few non-stop test cruises sail prior to that. I am booked on a cruise from August 5th and am not confident it will happen. 

Great - thanks for your help 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joeecco said:

No it isn’t, April 12th is domestic overnight stay. Goodness Jean I really think you should re read all the details. 

the international review will be before April 12th so if it’s a yes which it will most likely be (we travelled last year!) then it will be allowed from May 17th.

Keep in mind though that overseas cruises are not inextricably linked to overseas travel in general. I think that cruises won’t commence until at least several months after other forms of overseas travel has commenced.

• Like 9

Just now, Selbourne said:

Keep in mind though that overseas cruises are not inextricably linked to overseas travel in general. I think that cruises won’t commence until at least several months after other forms of overseas travel has commenced.

Absolutely Selbourne.  I think someone needs to get off my back!

• Like 5

Just now, Selbourne said:

I’m not talking about cruises, I’m correcting Jean again for falsely saying international travel is not until June possibly. 

I completely agree cruises will be some time after flights resume. 

• Like 3

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Absolutely Selbourne.  I think someone needs to get off my back!

No, you literally just  said ‘no international travel until June’ and ‘domestic stays aren’t until May according to your post’. Both which are false. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I think you just misproved your own point there.  read the Green one.  Then read the Blue one. 

The blue one is step 2, it comes before the green one. Oh my goodness read it properly.

domestic overnight stays including cottages but others such as caravans from April 12th

international travel from May 17th. 

my points are entirely correct thank you very much. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Blimey, are we having a competition to find as many reasons as possible why cruises won't resume. Maybe it's just me not being "realistic" 😏

I’m just tired of Chinese whispers with the news and announcements, people don’t read it all and then come up with their own version and then have a moan about it. Normally I scroll past but there comes a point!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I’m just tired of Chinese whispers with the news and announcements, people don’t read it all and then come up with their own version and then have a moan about it. Normally I scroll past but there comes a point!

I try and avoid this place nowadays. Too depressing with all the doom and gloom predictions.  I only pop on now and again to see if Moley has posted anything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I try and avoid this place nowadays. Too depressing with all the doom and gloom predictions.  I only pop on now and again to see if Moley has posted anything. 

I should do the same. 

I just hope that all the really miserable ones decide not to cruise anymore, because they were irritating onboard before all of this COVID let alone afterwards. I’ve lost count of the amount of times ive been on a ship listening to someone and thinking ‘why do you even bother cruising’ 😂

Edited by joeecco
Spelling oops!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, joeecco said:

I should do the same. 

I just hope that all the really miserable ones decide not to cruise anymore, because they were irritating onboard before all of this COVID let alone afterwards. I’ve lost count of the amount of times ive been on a ship listening to someone and thinking ‘why do you even bother cruising’ 😂

To be fair, moaning is what we do best in this country 🤣

And don't get me wrong, I totally respect eveyonee's point of view but the "I don't think cruising will resume until xxx" in every conversation gets a bit much. I think we all need a bit of normality back in our lives. Bring back the green bean complaints 🤣

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I agree with your first point. Any important announcement the government makes at the moment  is revealed to certain sections of the press days beforehand so that by the time we get to hear it in parliament or in an official announcement it has already been thoroughly discussed by talking heads, journalists or ‘rentagobs’. By the time an announcement is made it is old news that people have become bored with.

• Like 2

I thought Boris was very good today.  It was set out clearly.  I think they have deliberately stopped anything happening before easter, to stop people having an easter get together.  It's a shame as we have loads of bookings for easter week, but at least sport can go ahead, so people can get on the water.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I should do the same. 

😜

• Haha 2

I've met loads of those on cruises.  Clearly remember the Captain announcing that we could not use the tenders in the Black Sea because of the swell.  A couple who had been on "thousands of cruises", standing next to us, said the Captain was being a pillock.  As we watched over the side of the ship, the local chaps who had boarded went to get off and their boat dropped about 4 metres and the bloke fell on the deck in a heap.  So we said "no swell eh?"  They walked away.

22 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I should do the same. 

Thats why we stopped cruising with P&O and switched to Cunard/Princess because was fed up of hearing constant moans while on P&Os ships i.e. not as good as it used to be, not as good as Canberra/Oriana, moaning about the food, same old entertainment and on and on. One thing you can say about Americans is they might be loud but they go on holiday to enjoy themselves and if they have something to moan about they go to the right people not moan in buffet, coffee shops or bars. Only do occasional P&O cruises where we used to do 4 a year.

• Like 2