The Daily for Tuesday Feb 23, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, dfish said:

The water fitness class was great!   There were only 11 of us in the pool, spread out well using the shallow and deep ends.  People have learned to social distance since I tried this in July.  The Monday/Tuesday instructor is wonderful.  She does a great class and it felt so good to be back at it.  She told me I might want to take it easy since I hadn't been there for a while, but my at home routine has kept my endurance up.  I noticed when I went in that there was no one in the weight area, so I will go in early tomorrow and use the weight machines before the pool.   Cardio is great and the pool is great, but resistance exercise is important as well.  I am pleased as punch about this.  I have missed this tremendously.

Debbie,  You have inspired me!  I used to do a water aerobics class after I had a hip replacement.  I gave it up when the only class available was in a town 30 minutes away at 7 AM. (I'm not a morning person) And then there was Covid.  After reading your post I called and they now have one class a week in the evening.  Still in a town 30 minutes away, but what else have I to do?  They also have a class called "sit and be fit" which I might try.  

• Like 16

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

May I ask a couple of questions if you're willing.  Is DH now considered free of cancer.  And I think you mentioned Baltimore.  Are you willing to name the hospital?

Roy

Unfortunately, there are other spots elsewhere that the doctors are watching, but this was the very worst and most active one. He continues on the chemo meds. The hospital is the U of MD Medical Center.

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and good wishes!

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I'm late, I'm late...... actually got bogged down in "stuff" that needed doing so have just caught up on yesterday and today.

Roy, wishing you the best as you go through all the evaluations, options, etc..... and hope that things turn out easier than expected.

Congratulations to those getting vaccines... I do think things are speeding up.

Spent yesterday and this morning working out some small financial issues. First for my condo association and then for the dog shelter. It is amazing how many people do not pay attention to detail. In one case it was transposed numbers and in the second a case of missed entries on spread sheets. Anyway all is resolved. I am not an accountant by any means, but I can read.

• Like 14

46 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Unfortunately, there are other spots elsewhere that the doctors are watching, but this was the very worst and most active one. He continues on the chemo meds. The hospital is the U of MD Medical Center.

Sorry to hear the chemo is ongoing.  I thought UMMC took excellent care of me.

Roy

• Like 8

Good afternoon.  We discovered curling watching a winter Olympics many years ago, when that was about all being covered at the time.  We'd seen it before, but that day, we realized there was a lot  than just sending the stone down the ice.   🥌   While we don't seek out curling on TV, we will watch it occasionally.

Congratulations to all who have received their second shot.   @mamaofami  Great new that your DH has an appointment for the shot.

@Overhead Fred I think I have the correct person to thank; so thank you for reposting @POA1's directions for restoring the star mariner gif to the signature.  I followed the directions the other day, and it was easy.  In fact, it was easier than when they were on HAL.

@NextOne Best wishes to you and  your DH on his upcoming surgery tomorrow -- for a good outcome and a speedy recovery.. Hope you will be allowed in the hospital to see him.

@dfishGreat new the water aerobics class worked out and that you can also use the weight room.

@kazu   As usual, I enjoyed the cartoons, but the ones with dachshunds always are my favorites.  They are funny little dogs, and are easily captured in cartoons.

I've mentioned we had two dachshunds who unfortunately crossed Rainbow Bridge many years ago.  We still miss them, especially this year, and they loved the desert.  So here are Brandy (l) and Nikki (r) waiting  to get out of the motorhome..  BTW, Brandy was the alpha dog.

Dogs.thumb.jpg.fbce83a8049a13e034d1e704c74694b6.jpg

These two girls loved to walk, so I got plenty of exercise with them.  Nikki especially loved very long walks.  Since they died, going for a walk is just no the same, and I'll admit, I have stopped walking like I should.

Lenda

• Like 20

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

So sorry to hear it is ongoing.  You are both in my prayers for things to improve 🙏🏻 

• Like 6

There's lots of vaccination news today!  

My twin and her husband get their first shots Friday in Missouri, which has had a very slow roll out.  My twin had her knee replaced last Wednesday and just before that her husband got an email telling him they had an appointment for him last Friday, two days after her surgery.  He couldn't leave her home alone that day so declined.  Somehow they were able to get appointments for this Friday for both of them.  Sister will have to go in a wheelchair but they are definitely going.  The surgeon gave her the okay to go out even though she's supposed to be at home still.  They are thrilled!😀

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, bobpatj said:

We’re back from our 2nd Moderna shots!

Woohoo!

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

There's lots of vaccination news today!  

My twin and her husband get their first shots Friday in Missouri, which has had a very slow roll out.  My twin had her knee replaced last Wednesday and just before that her husband got an email telling him they had an appointment for him last Friday, two days after her surgery.  He couldn't leave her home alone that day so declined.  Somehow they were able to get appointments for this Friday for both of them.  Sister will have to go in a wheelchair but they are definitely going.  The surgeon gave her the okay to go out even though she's supposed to be at home still.  They are thrilled!😀

Great news on both fronts.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  We discovered curling watching a winter Olympics many years ago, when that was about all being covered at the time.  We'd seen it before, but that day, we realized there was a lot  than just sending the stone down the ice.   🥌   While we don't seek out curling on TV, we will watch it occasionally.

Congratulations to all who have received their second shot.   @mamaofami  Great new that your DH has an appointment for the shot.

@Overhead Fred I think I have the correct person to thank; so thank you for reposting @POA1's directions for restoring the star mariner gif to the signature.  I followed the directions the other day, and it was easy.  In fact, it was easier than when they were on HAL.

@NextOne Best wishes to you and  your DH on his upcoming surgery tomorrow -- for a good outcome and a speedy recovery.. Hope you will be allowed in the hospital to see him.

@dfishGreat new the water aerobics class worked out and that you can also use the weight room.

@kazu   As usual, I enjoyed the cartoons, but the ones with dachshunds always are my favorites.  They are funny little dogs, and are easily captured in cartoons.

I've mentioned we had two dachshunds who unfortunately crossed Rainbow Bridge many years ago.  We still miss them, especially this year, and they loved the desert.  So here are Brandy (l) and Nikki (r) waiting  to get out of the motorhome..  BTW, Brandy was the alpha dog.

Dogs.thumb.jpg.fbce83a8049a13e034d1e704c74694b6.jpg

These two girls loved to walk, so I got plenty of exercise with them.  Nikki especially loved very long walks.  Since they died, going for a walk is just no the same, and I'll admit, I have stopped walking like I should.

Lenda

Absolute cuties! My Fritz loved what we called his rolling house. We bought our motorhome to travel to Alaska, 10,000 miles in which he mostly sat on my lap. He was only a little over a year old then. One of our funniest memories was taking him to Pioneer Park in Fairbanks. They have a mini train that runs around the park and the conductor asked if we wanted to ride, but I said no since we had Fritz on his leash. The conductor said no problem and Fritz got a train ride to the delight of the kids riding along. Nothing quite so funny as dachshund ears blowing in the wind. We don’t have our RV anymore, but Fritz still gets excited when he sees one at a rest stop and has to be restrained from going in to visit!

St Louis Sal

• Like 15

@rafinmdRoy, you can remove me from the care list, please. I met my surgeon today. She is very happy with the healing and I feel very good. I will need to have radiation but have no time frame yet. Thankful for everyone’s care and prayers.

Edited by superoma
To tag Roy
  • Like 20

3 minutes ago, superoma said:

@rafinmdRoy, you can remove me from the care list, please. I met my surgeon today. She is very happy with the healing and I feel very good. I will need to have radiation but have no time frame yet. Thankful for everyone’s care and prayers.

Wonderful news! An excellent reason to toast!

• Like 8

Good afternoon all. I am late getting here as I spent several hours working on the spread sheet to take to my tax accountant. 

More vaccination news- My 2nd Moderna shot will be tomorrow at 10:30am at my local Albertson's pharmacy.

Somehow I don't quite think that my cats would appreciate dog biscuits.

Todays meals sound very good and the chicken is something that I would be able to make even with my very limited cooking skills.

Roy it does indeed sound like it may be a long haul for you. Very sorry to read that. I also have lung issues and Mitral valve issues so I have just an inkling of what you may be going through. One step at a time, even if it just feels like baby steps.  You are on my rayer list.

Jane

• Like 11

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Good to know! He was there for two nights last fall after a procedure and also thought the care was excellent.

A couple of additional thoughts.  Since visitors may not be allowed can DH take a device that can do something like Zoom.  Could be better than nothing.  The hospital has free wifi.

When I went in I was completely unprepared as I though I was just going to a doctor's office and  would be home by lunch.  Of course I did not have a cell phone charger but asked the nurse and she charged it for me overnight at the nursing station.

Roy

• Like 10

1 hour ago, superoma said:

More great news 🙂. So happy to hear this.

Love a good news day 😄 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Absolute cuties! My Fritz loved what we called his rolling house. We bought our motorhome to travel to Alaska, 10,000 miles in which he mostly sat on my lap. He was only a little over a year old then. One of our funniest memories was taking him to Pioneer Park in Fairbanks. They have a mini train that runs around the park and the conductor asked if we wanted to ride, but I said no since we had Fritz on his leash. The conductor said no problem and Fritz got a train ride to the delight of the kids riding along. Nothing quite so funny as dachshund ears blowing in the wind. We don’t have our RV anymore, but Fritz still gets excited when he sees one at a rest stop and has to be restrained from going in to visit!

St Louis Sal

Our dogs made several trips to Alaska in the motorhome.  They loved all the sights and smells.  One stop on the way up was at a former provincial park where there was a huge beaver dam.  Well, Nikki decided she wanted a beaver and jumped in the swiftly flowing river, while DH was videoing them, so we have it captured for prosperity.  Luckily, she was on a leash and DH managed to hold onto it until he could reel her in.

Lenda

• Like 13

Rich thank you for the daily report, and to Roy for the daily lists. 

Thanks for all the information photos and humour.

@NextOnebest wishes to your husband for the surgery tomorrow, and for a  speedy recovery.  Hope you will be allowed to visit him while he is in hospital.

@mamaofamiso pleased that your husband now has an appointment for the vaccine.

@superomasuch good news from your surgeon.

@rafinmdthanks   for the Christchurch photos,  the Cardboard Cathedral is Anglican,  built as a temporary replacement as the Christchurch Cathedral in the Square  was badly damaged during the earthquake

A cloudy day, expected .high of 26C.

Stay well and safe everyone.

• Like 12

@St. Louis Sal I forgot to mention, we know all about dachshund ears and moving vehicles.  I can just picture Fritz on that train.  After Brandy died, we bought a Polaris ranger, and Nikki loved going across the desert at what we called “ear speed”  looking like she was about to take off.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

On the return trip we passed one of the ingenious adaptions following the earthquake, the temporary Catholic Cathedral, using beams fabricated from cardboard:

cardboard.jpg

If I remember correctly you posted this picture back when you were doing a “where am I?“ type picture.  

• Like 3

Good evening everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I am late today so I’m keeping this short. I had errands to run today and on my way home got pictures of the sunset on the mountains. Tucson is in a valley with mountains north, south, east and west. These are the Catalina Mountains north of us. @Norseh2o this was taken at Broadway/Harrison.

067A8223-6A42-4761-92F2-1F2B117DAD5A.thumb.jpeg.9a374a4b3650477cde3bc213495da7d5.jpeg

These are the Rincon mountains just east of us (taken near the same area). 

1444DB96-85AA-42DC-85D0-404F62F2BF5A.thumb.jpeg.cddaef169d67f74227fa7b83fecc5e42.jpeg

I just love the way the desert sunset reflects on the mountains. 

Have a great evening everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A couple of additional thoughts.  Since visitors may not be allowed can DH take a device that can do something like Zoom.  Could be better than nothing.  The hospital has free wifi.

When I went in I was completely unprepared as I though I was just going to a doctor's office and  would be home by lunch.  Of course I did not have a cell phone charger but asked the nurse and she charged it for me overnight at the nursing station.

Roy

Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1