FCD details question

We_like_to_cruise

Hi,

Can anyone clear up some questions about Future Cruise Deposits (not FCC) for voyages over 45 days.

I know they offer a 3% discount on the fare and a reduced deposit (usually 5%).  However, my question has to do with the initial $100 cost of that FCD.  Is that also applied as a debit to the fare, or is that included as part of the 3% discount?

In other words, suppose my 50 day cruise costs $10,000 with a $3,000 deposit.  (These are made up numbers.)

With my FCD, the fare, discounted by 3%, is $9700.00 and the deposit, discounted to 5%, is $150.  After paying that deposit, the balance is $9550. 

My main question is - does the original cost of the $100 FCD now get applied to that, making the true balance now $9450 ?

Either I am not explaining properly, or my PVP cannot explain this to me. Hoping one of you can !

Thank you.

We have two bookings on different voyages.

What we find confusing is that in one booking there is an additional $100 debited, and in the other it is not. 

(Both longer cruises with correct discounts for the fare and the deposit).

We just don't know which one is correct !

"FCDs are not applicable to bookings 45 days or longer.. For those bookings a 3% cruise fare discount is given and reduced deposit requirements may vary based on booking date. To make your next booking, please contact your Travel Agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS."

The way I read it is that you can not use the FCD on single voyages 45 days or longer. But, you could ask for the $100 to be used as part of the reduced deposit without receiving any OBC. If your cruise is really a b2b it might better to split them up. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, skynight said:

"FCDs are not applicable to bookings 45 days or longer.. For those bookings a 3% cruise fare discount is given and reduced deposit requirements may vary based on booking date. To make your next booking, please contact your Travel Agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS."

Well, here is what happened.  When we first checked our account we had two FCD's - each with separate ID numbers.  After the first booking was made, one FCD now has a notation that it is applied to that booking.  And the booking confirmation notes $100 removed from the fare in addition to the discount.

After the second booking was made, the second FCD and its associated ID number are not even in our account anymore.  The discounted fare and deposit are applied to that second booking, but no additional $100 was removed.

So, two different but similar bookings with two different results.

The cruise credit is not an issue, because it plainly states that it is not given in voyages over 45 days.

Edited by We_like_to_cruise
edit

We booked a cruise (later cancelled) that was 45 days. I wanted the beverage package perk but Princess said no way. I changed the booking to 3 segments. I not only got the beverage package on all three segments I also got to use my FCDs and got the OBC from them. If your cruise can be booked in segments you might check the available perks and OBC and see if this works out better for you. Assuming, of course, that you have multiple FCDs available. We always keep some on hand.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

We booked a cruise (later cancelled) that was 45 days. I wanted the beverage package perk but Princess said no way. I changed the booking to 3 segments. I not only got the beverage package on all three segments I also got to use my FCDs and got the OBC from them. If your cruise can be booked in segments you might check the available perks and OBC and see if this works out better for you. Assuming, of course, that you have multiple FCDs available. We always keep some on hand.

Plus, breaking the 45 days into the three segments which might be 15 days each gives you the max SHB for all three if you have the CCL stock requirement.  This is what we did on our upcoming transatlantic bookings and made them B2B for each one.

Two questions:

1. Does FCD always give a discount on cruise fare or only on long cruises. I thought it was just Reduced Deposit and OBC.

2. Regarding segmenting a cruise. Does this only work if Princess shows the segments as separate cruises ? e.g. 18 day Sydney to SFO with a stop in Hawaii. Can I book the segment from Sydney to Hawaii even though that is not shown as a cruise ? Similarly this cruise is also shown as 23 Day from Auckland, if Princess does not have a Sydney to Auckland, then could that be segmented ?

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Two questions:

1. Does FCD always give a discount on cruise fare or only on long cruises. I thought it was just Reduced Deposit and OBC.  Only the long cruises.

2. Regarding segmenting a cruise. Does this only work if Princess shows the segments as separate cruises ? e.g. 18 day Sydney to SFO with a stop in Hawaii. Can I book the segment from Sydney to Hawaii even though that is not shown as a cruise ? Similarly this cruise is also shown as 23 Day from Auckland, if Princess does not have a Sydney to Auckland, then could that be segmented ?  Has to be sold by Princess as separate segments. You cannot make up your own definition of a segment.

see red above

We applied our future cruise credit ($100pp) for the world cruise.  We got an additional 3% off of the fare for a savings of about $1000 pp, this INCLUDES the $100 so it is INCLUDED as part of the 3% NOT 3% plus $100 off! Sorry for your loss of the $100!

23 hours ago, spookyfudge said:

We applied our future cruise credit ($100pp) for the world cruise.  We got an additional 3% off of the fare for a savings of about $1000 pp, this INCLUDES the $100 so it is INCLUDED as part of the 3% NOT 3% plus $100 off! Sorry for your loss of the $100!

What you said makes sense, thanks !