Asia on Discovery 2

We’re looking go back to Asia in February 2022 but can decide on a deluxe balcony again on upgrade to junior suite. Would appreciate any comments from fellow cruisers with knowledge of Discovery 2 cabins. We found the deluxe cabin ok last time 

many thanks. Keep safe

We found JS on the Discoverys very spacious with lots of extras. Did 8076 & 8086 a couple of times on Discovery & 8086 on Discovery 2. We found the stern cabins much better than port or starboard. Unfortunately on D2 our last cruise we had a soot problem, as did most passengers, they did refund us and I believe have fixed the exhaust 'scrubbers' now. If we go on her again we would definitely go for 8086 any questions just ask. 

Is there plenty of room with loungers on balcony . Is there a problem with over hang from deck above towards back of ship. I saw before that towards back on D 1 there is a overhang and others commented that u loose sun with overhang , do you know from what overhang stops .

many thanks 

Edited by Cliffholl55

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

No problems at all with overhang and its the largest balcony we have ever had, that's the stern one, two sun loungers, two chairs and a table with still plenty of room to walk round. 

IMG_20180219_181153.jpg

IMG_20180301_145913.jpg

Many thanks. No aft balconies available. It just I read that aft port and starboard cabins had over hang from above deck. Thanks 

12 hours ago, Cliffholl55 said:

Many thanks. No aft balconies available. It just I read that aft port and starboard cabins had over hang from above deck. Thanks 

No, the port one we had, 8076, was ok with easy access to the shack and bars, think the overhangs are towards the front. 

15 hours ago, Cliffholl55 said:

Is there plenty of room with loungers on balcony . Is there a problem with over hang from deck above towards back of ship. I saw before that towards back on D 1 there is a overhang and others commented that u loose sun with overhang , do you know from what overhang stops .

many thanks 

Hi  Cliff like P.C have always had a stern balc, but reading a few old reviews the over hang  D.1 AND 2 D   does finish at 8042.

Cannot believe the cruise has gone up £625 for a couple overnight. Either many booking now or there trying to make up companies loses. If there not careful there going to out price themselves, making NCL look cheaper. 

Edited by Cliffholl55
Added