How far in advance are world cruises released ? List of all lines that offer World cruises ?

angela12345

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

First, you were referring to a poster's personal preference, so your experience doesn't really factor into it.  Having taken the 2018 89-day Grand Asia with HAL, I highly recommend them for a WC.  Excellent service, large cabins, less passengers, etc.  and much cheaper than Viking.  Two ports on a 128-day cruise is meaningless.  By  the 89th day, I was ready to skip a port or two. 

Your comments equating Princess were not what I encountered with HAL.  And apple to apples?  Not when you consider HAL's perks on a GV or WC and not if one considers:  FF miles for business class, a preference to private or no shore excursion, reduced alcohol drinking on a long voyage, unlimited shipping for suite passengers, paid gratuities, 4 complimentary bottles of alcohol of your choice, free luggage, etc.  Bottom line, Viking's prices can't compete in many cases because, particularly considering that a large percentage of a WC's passengers are seasoned cruisers.  In other words, I think that the "apples to apples" argument is not practical.  HAL has an excellent product in it GV's, and I would urge posters here to consider their cruises.

I was not commenting on the poster's personal preference, I commented on the statement that Viking has many ports with 2-3 days overnight and not so many different ports. To highlight this, I made it Bold. At no time did I question the poster's preference for cruise line.

The actual statement was, "Viking has many ports with 2-3 days overnight and not so many different ports." This didn't match our experience, so I compared both cruises to determine the facts:

• Viking - 119 nights, visits 51 ports, with many being 2 or 3 nights
  • HAL - 128 nights, visits 49 ports

Since I have completed a WC on Princess and Viking, I believe I am well qualified to provide a factual comparison, from experience. Since you state that Viking's prices can't compete, I can only assume that you have also completed a Viking WC, so that you know what is provided, cabin sizes, quality, etc.

Comparing multiple cruises, with an, "Apples to apples" comparison is definitely possible, but each comparison must be based on the pax preferences. That's the benefit of multiple cruise lines, there is one that meets the needs of most.

• Like 2

Andy, I have followed your blog and done my own comparisons.  We love the Scandanavian design of the Viking ships, plus they have just the right amount of pax, not too big, not too small.  No crystals or neon lights please! Light and bright.  And, they are one of the newest fleets out there.  We want nice cabin with balcony, good food, successful pax, but not too snobby.  A destination focused cruise with 55+ crowd, no kids.  Yes please!  Oh and included shore excursion. Wow.  

We can't wait to do our WC with Viking.  I even have my cabin picked out.  It doesn't matter to us what the itinerary is.  We will not have done most of the destinations no matter where it goes. ☺️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diveloonie said:

Andy, I have followed your blog and done my own comparisons.  We love the Scandanavian design of the Viking ships, plus they have just the right amount of pax, not too big, not too small.  No crystals or neon lights please! Light and bright.  And, they are one of the newest fleets out there.  We want nice cabin with balcony, good food, successful pax, but not too snobby.  A destination focused cruise with 55+ crowd, no kids.  Yes please!  Oh and included shore excursion. Wow.  

We can't wait to do our WC with Viking.  I even have my cabin picked out.  It doesn't matter to us what the itinerary is.  We will not have done most of the destinations no matter where it goes. ☺️

Sounds like your SoR is very similar to ours, so not surprised you enjoy Viking. Which WC are you interested in. Even, if not booked on 21/22 or 22/23, you should consider joining the Roll Calls to get a feel for the cruises.

The 22/23 WC is really active, with many repeat WC'ers.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 12:41 PM, Heidi13 said:

I was not commenting on the poster's personal preference, I commented on the statement that Viking has many ports with 2-3 days overnight and not so many different ports. To highlight this, I made it Bold. At no time did I question the poster's preference for cruise line.

The actual statement was, "Viking has many ports with 2-3 days overnight and not so many different ports." This didn't match our experience, so I compared both cruises to determine the facts:

• Viking - 119 nights, visits 51 ports, with many being 2 or 3 nights
  • HAL - 128 nights, visits 49 ports

Since I have completed a WC on Princess and Viking, I believe I am well qualified to provide a factual comparison, from experience. Since you state that Viking's prices can't compete, I can only assume that you have also completed a Viking WC, so that you know what is provided, cabin sizes, quality, etc.

Comparing multiple cruises, with an, "Apples to apples" comparison is definitely possible, but each comparison must be based on the pax preferences. That's the benefit of multiple cruise lines, there is one that meets the needs of most.

Since neither of us has taken world cruises on both Viking and HAL, it appears that neither of us is very qualified to compare the two.  I envy your ability to be able to enjoy Viking WC cruises.  The 3-day port calls would be a real asset.

As you say, it is a matter of personal preference.  My point was simply that HAL has a very good product in World Cruises, both from the standpoint of itineraries because they have use smaller ships and because of the wonderful service that the line is noted for.  For those of us who cannot or will not spend the additional money on a true luxury line for a long cruise, HAL is a worthy consideration.  And my experience on HAL, as a 5* fortunately does not reflect your understandably negative experience on Princess.  They may have similarities but they apparently are not identical.

On 7/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, Diveloonie said:

How does one identify "successful" passengers?  I am reminded of the dinner scene from the movie "Titanic"

"Ruth: And how is it you have the means to travel?

Jack: I work my way from place to place. You know, tramp steamers and such. But I won my ticket on Titanic here in a lucky hand at poker."

We were on the Regent WC in 2017, and loved it! We are now booked on the 2023 WC.

BTW, Regent released their 2024 WC today, Miami to Miami. It is almost identical to our 2017 cruise, which was magical!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Silversea has announced their 2024 WC but I believe bookings are currently only open to those booked on the 2022 and/or 2023 sailing. 

Regent’s 2024 World Cruise was announced on July 6.  My travel buddy and I jumped on it and contacted our TA that day with a few suite numbers we were interested in.  She sent our request in and we were confirmed in one of our today three requests on Wednesday.  

If you are interested in booking a particular world cruise, don’t wait.  Talk with your  TA when you first see it announced.  Even if you know some past cruisers get their preferences first, get your name on the list.  As we see, desirable lines book up quickly.  Don’t miss out on your dreams.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Silversea has announced their 2024 WC but I believe bookings are currently only open to those booked on the 2022 and/or 2023 sailing. 

The Silversea 2024 World Cruise was announced on Monday July 12 (I think).  As of this morning, the Silversea website indicates the ship is sold out with Wait List only available.

IN 4 DAYS.

3 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

Regent’s 2024 World Cruise was announced on July 6.  My travel buddy and I jumped on it and contacted our TA that day with a few suite numbers we were interested in.  She sent our request in and we were confirmed in one of our today three requests on Wednesday.  

If you are interested in booking a particular world cruise, don’t wait.  Talk with your  TA when you first see it announced.  Even if you know some past cruisers get their preferences first, get your name on the list.  As we see, desirable lines book up quickly.  Don’t miss out on your dreams.  

Thanks for the advice, I was just posting for information.  I am a long way off from actually being able to book a WC.

2 hours ago, Ravbo said:

The Silversea 2024 World Cruise was announced on Monday July 12 (I think).  As of this morning, the Silversea website indicates the ship is sold out with Wait List only available.

IN 4 DAYS.

Wow! That was fast.

The Silversea 2024 World Cruise was announced on Monday July 12 (I think).  As of this morning, the Silversea website indicates the ship is sold out with Wait List only available.  IN 4 DAYS.

Michell810

Wow! That was fast.

From what my TA said, Regent 2024 WC sold out in 1 hour from posting on Wednesday.  Initial deposits are due on July 21st, so there is time for some to back out.  Those on the waitlist will be first to get offered a spot.

Edited by NCCruzQueen

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 12:54 PM, Diveloonie said:

We want nice cabin with balcony, good food, successful pax, but not too snobby. 

How do you define "successful pax"?  Sounds kind of elitist.  Do you ask to see their bank accts. and brokerage statements? 🙄

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, Roz said:

How do you define "successful pax"?  Sounds kind of elitist.  Do you ask to see their bank accts. and brokerage statements? 🙄

Poor choice of words, I'm afraid.  What I meant to say, was a lower key crowd, as in 55+.  In other words, they have worked for a time in their chosen careers and are not in college, so they can afford a premium cruise line.  Honestly, not elitist.  I am turned off by people who brag about how much money they have or how many houses they own!

• Like 3