Same Cruise in 2022 for the price paid for 2021 Cancelled Cruise

HAL4NOW

I love that the most recent "Pause" in cruising shows HAL offering a 2022 replacement cruise for the price paid for the 2021 cruise.

The press release doesn't make it clear what HAL will do with the perks. We have one of the "Have it All" bookings that included gratuities, beverage package, dining package, and more. We were also able to get in on the "Buy One, Gift One" and gave a cruise to SIL and BIL by paying just the Port Fees and taxes. 

I wonder if they will be considered to be "Paid in Full" if our September Alaska cruise out of Seattle is cancelled.

• Like 1

From the email I received today:

We will be transferring your cruise-only or Land+Sea Journey booking automatically to the same 2022 voyage or Land+Sea Journey at your 2021 rate and in the same stateroom category, with incentives and promotions protected. 

I take this to mean that the "Have It All" and BOGO will be protected.  I sure hope so!  

• Like 1

We got notification from our TA  today.  The Alaska itinerary we purchased and paid in full can transfer to 2022 (same ship, almost same date) but we need to let them know by Friday so they can secure the transfer.  

We were also told to contact our insurance provider and ask that they transfer our insurance to next year (they may not be so helpful).  I should have used HAL’s insurance.

2 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

We were also told to contact our insurance provider and ask that they transfer our insurance to next year (they may not be so helpful).  I should have used HAL’s insurance.

We purchased insurance for a cruise that was canceled and had the dates changed to a new booking and that booking was canceled. We were able to transfer the insurance again, but the insurance company was a little reluctant to extend to a later date. They eventually agreed. I am not certain they would agree to another change.

HAL "insurance" is basically cancelation insurance and doesn't cover much in the way of medical. It might be nice if HAL actually offered an insurance policy.

28 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

We purchased insurance for a cruise that was canceled and had the dates changed to a new booking and that booking was canceled. We were able to transfer the insurance again, but the insurance company was a little reluctant to extend to a later date. They eventually agreed. I am not certain they would agree to another change.

HAL "insurance" is basically cancelation insurance and doesn't cover much in the way of medical. It might be nice if HAL actually offered an insurance policy.

We transferred insurance from a cancelled Hawaii 2020 cruise to an Alaska 2021 cruise and the ins co charged us an additional amount to insure the new itinerary...which I reluctantly paid rather than lose the original dollars invested.  I think I’ll wait until I get HAL’s new booking number for Alaska 2022 itinerary to deal with the ins co again.  Travel insurance companies have to be making a lot of money from this pandemic.

4 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

We transferred insurance from a cancelled Hawaii 2020 cruise to an Alaska 2021 cruise and the ins co charged us an additional amount to insure the new itinerary...which I reluctantly paid rather than lose the original dollars invested.  I think I’ll wait until I get HAL’s new booking number for Alaska 2022 itinerary to deal with the ins co again.  Travel insurance companies have to be making a lot of money from this pandemic.

The insurance company told us we could have gotten a refund if the cruise line had given us a full refund, but because we took the compensation as FCC they would not refund any money. 

16 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

The insurance company told us we could have gotten a refund if the cruise line had given us a full refund, but because we took the compensation as FCC they would not refund any money. 

We took the cash for the HAL cancelled Hawaii cruise in 2020 but the insurance, General Global, refused the ins refund but upon appeal offered to let us apply it to another trip (Alaska August 2021) and charged us a supplement.  A lot of insurance companies deny claims, then make an offer when you appeal, but this is almost beyond logic at this point!