The waiting game...

Bruin Steve

Makes sense to me. I am a huge trip planner and we road-tripped all summer 2020 while maintaining the quarantine requirements in all locales and still getting to spend 3 months on the road. Road trip around FL when we can and have plans to finally get on a flight in mid-May to get to Utah to road trip for another two months before heading back to upstate NY (home turf). We are both fully vaccinated; still wear masks & social distance. We should be on the 2021WC right now; booked for the 2022 and 2023WC's respectively. We want to cruise and will book when we know we can safely get out of here. Expect they will start with Caribbean cruises from FLL and I'm happy to get on board...

10 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

We have a 14 day cruise on CB from NY to Ft. Lauderdale in Nov. 2021.  If they definitely cancel the New England and Canada cruises before us (they are still on hold) there would be no reason for the CB to be in New York. 

What I really miss is the planning.  By now I would have my air and hotels booked and looking at the various things to do at the ports.  If we are required to only do Princess excursions, that would certainly limit our choices.  So we must wait...and wait...and wait.

Just wondering where is the far distant port that allows you to cruise from NY to Fort Lauderdale.

From my recollection the relocation cruise at the end of the season starts in Quebec City and end in Fort Lauderdale to avoid PVSA.  No way to start in New York and end in Fort Lauderdale since that would violate PVSA.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nocl said:

Just wondering where is the far distant port that allows you to cruise from NY to Fort Lauderdale.

From my recollection the relocation cruise at the end of the season starts in Quebec City and end in Fort Lauderdale to avoid PVSA.  No way to start in New York and end in Fort Lauderdale since that would violate PVSA.

If it does start in Quebec, the cruise was cancelled months ago.

1 hour ago, nocl said:

New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

If it does start in Quebec, the cruise was cancelled months ago.

That is what they used to do pre covid.  The last NE cruise would go from Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale.

Edited by nocl

1 minute ago, jwattle said:
New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Yep that one works because Aruba and Curacao qualify.

So  they have changed the relocation cruise from what they did pre covid.  Which was Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale, and turned it more into a Southern Caribbean cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nocl said:

Even if they had to stay within 7 days, they could have a stop in Bermuda to fulfill the PVSA requirement.

5 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I miss the planning, too. I’ve had to let go of planning in depth because for me, it’s a greater disappointment when it’s canceled. I look for fun occasionally to have ideas of what I’d want to do, and I’d apply an FCC if I felt hopeful, but that’s about it til cruises become more realistic. Now once they do, it’ll be full steam ahead on planning! 

Same here. I LOVE to research and plan excursions and such, it is part of the fun, and not just planning for myself. This past year has been so hard watching all the planning being cancelled. My in-laws were supposed to have gone on a land tour of Israel last year with friends of theirs and I had all these wonderful tours set up for them. I was a disappointed as they were when the trip was cancelled.

As soon as I know my cruise in January is going to happen I will be planning the hell out of it. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmalino said:

Even if they had to stay within 7 days, they could have a stop in Bermuda to fulfill the PVSA requirement.

Bermuda is not considered to be a far destination for travel between US cities.  The ABC islands qualify as do any South American ports.

• Thanks 1

Last year at this time they cancelled are B2B on the Diamond  Princess for April.

California instituted a shelter in place order on March 19, 2020. We figured by Easter this would all have blown over and things would be back to normal.

Almost a year later we had 6 cruises cancelled with 3 on the horizon with the first in September 25th on the Island Princess out of Southampton.  California daily cases have dropped 90% since the mid-January peak. I think the storm came out of nowhere and hit us hard but the sun is going to come out and warm us quicker than anyone expected. April is looking good.

I am betting man and will bet we will be on that cruise.

17 hours ago, nocl said:

Yep that one works because Aruba and Curacao qualify.

So  they have changed the relocation cruise from what they did pre covid.  Which was Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale, and turned it more into a Southern Caribbean cruise.

This cruise was always to have been from NYC to Ft. LAUDERDALE.  It was originally suppose to be on the Sky but when they mandated that cruises be no longer than 7 days until Nov. 1st they had to change the transatlantic from Europe to Canada in September. so they are keeping the Sky there until Nov and doing the TA directly to Ft. LAUDERDALE. The NE and Canada cruises and ours were all changed to the CB.

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

This cruise was always to have been from NYC to Ft. LAUDERDALE.  It was originally suppose to be on the Sky but when they mandated that cruises be no longer than 7 days until Nov. 1st they had to change the transatlantic from Europe to Canada in September. so they are keeping the Sky there until Nov and doing the TA directly to Ft. LAUDERDALE. The NE and Canada cruises and ours were all changed to the CB.

I was referring to pre-covid the relocation cruise for the ship doing the NE cruises used to be from Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale (a few times from QC to Houston before they pulled out of that port).

So was referring to Princess changing their past practice by making it a South Caribbean cruise now, not referring to this particular cruise.