Alaska 2022

babs135

With the Canadian Borders closed and restrictions on sailing in American waters do you think it wiser to book a cruise towards the end of the season rather than at the beginning just in case they are slow to reopen?  And if we booked for August/September what, if anything, would we miss if we'd gone earlier?

Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, babs135 said:

With the Canadian Borders closed and restrictions on sailing in American waters do you think it wiser to book a cruise towards the end of the season rather than at the beginning just in case they are slow to reopen?  And if we booked for August/September what, if anything, would we miss if we'd gone earlier?

Thanks in advance

What year?  2022?

7 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Yes,  I'd put it in the title of the thread but should have repeated it within the question.

Sorry, my mistake.  I believe the 2022 Alaska sailing schedule will go ahead as usual and you can book whichever itinerary and date best suit you.  Naturally, there are all sort of things that may happen but I think trying to predict and plan around them is a waste of time and effort (short of just not booking at all!).

5 hours ago, babs135 said:

Thanks in advance

I also believe Alaska 2022 will proceed at the new normal, whatever that might be, so I would book at whatever time is convenient to you. Having completed a couple of full Alaska seasons in my P&O days, my preference is earlier, rather than later in the season.

While weather is not predictable, May is often a fairly nice dry month. In Alaska, I have experienced 2 significant storms and they were both in September. In May/June the days are longer and less busy (read kids) than August. Earlier in the seaon you have more snow at lower altitudes on the mountains.

The last few years we have cruised Alaska as pax, we generally opt for early/mid June.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LocoLoco1 said:

I think I will rebook Alaska for early Sept, 2022. 

We have loved the early May and Sept cruises...for Sept 2022 am booked for mid Sept. it's just what worked for that time frame.