Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

I completely agree with you.  I mean, if people are getting sick and dying from the vaccine and we have had Covid why would we take the chance of getting a vaccine that could kill us for something that we recovered from in two days?  I have to risk my life by taking a vaccine when the sickness was nothing to us?  And again, I question... if you are at port there is NO WAY you can be sure that everyone you come in contact with has been vaccinated.  You can not guarantee that no one has been exposed or has Covid.  You could have the vaccine and be exposed on your way to the ship before departure.  At that point you have now carried Covid onto the ship to transmit to others.  If you can still get Covid and transmit Covid, why get the vaccine?  If you are still going to worry about getting it what is the difference?  If it lessens the symptoms, okay.  Then you could still get it from someone at port or before getting on the ship and transmit it to someone.  The symptoms will be lessened but you still get it.  If it protects you, you won't get it.  IF I get on the ship without a vaccination it is the same as you walking around in the world mingling with people without a vaccine.  Will there now be mandatory vaccines to go to the grocery store? get a haircut? go to a movie?  How is being on a ship with excellent air ventilation (since they have redone the ships) any different from going to Costco.  I get closer to people in Costco than I do on a cruise.   Remember, if you are under 70 years old there is a very high recovery rate.   Driving your car probably has a higher risk of dying at 30 than a 30 year old getting Covid.

I am not trying to troll or be difficult.  I just want people to use common sense.  If it makes you feel better to get the shot, get it.  My dad got the vaccine. I did not think it was a good idea with our medical history, but his doctor okayed it and he is an adult.  I don't have a problem with people wanting to get the vaccine.  But if your risk of getting the vaccine outweighs the risk of getting the virus, why get it?  No one can answer that question or the question of why get a vaccine that hasn't been proven to keep you from getting Covid or transmitting Covid?  I thought that since we had Covid, we had the antibodies, but no... apparently those don't last forever.   

Again I come back to if you have the vaccine and I don't you should not have to worry.  I am the one taking the chance of having extreme symptoms or dying.  YOU are protected.  Or are you?  UUUUGGGG   

And finally, which came first, the chicken or the egg? lol

I'll rephrase....will science and common sense drive policy or fear and supposition?  We've had a year of the latter and how'd that work out for Joe's Diner?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I can say, without a shadow of a doubt that I can guarantee my distance from everyone in Costco but that is not the case on a cruise. 

Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing in regard to walking down the hallways.  The elevators can be monitored as well as lines for the shows but how can you monitor the hallways where it is often single file to pass.

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

Yes.  He was perfectly healthy.  He had the first dose and he his heart started to fail.  After that all of his organs started failing and he died about two weeks after the first dose.  I am angry.  

And someone posted that Crohn's is not a side effect of the vaccine, but my friend's mom never had Crohn's before the vaccine.  After the second dose she could not eat anything without excruciating pain.  She basically stopped eating and lost eight pounds in two weeks because she said it wasn't worth the pain she endured when she ate.  The were able to get he into a gastro and he said that the Crohn's was definitely related to the vaccine.  He's the doctor, so they trust his diagnosis. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the death and complication that are directly related to the vaccine. I would imagine it would not be possible to not have any issues. For me though, the benefit of receiving the vaccine most certainly outweighed the few risks that have been associated with the mRNA vaccines. I made the decision to be vaccinated and hubby just had his first shot of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. I'm hopeful we can return to normal life soon.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Look at the new cases on any site and see what the trend has been even though the country is supposed to be 100% vaccinated.

If you are referring to Israel it’s spot on.  They are going the wrong way!

5 hours ago, boscobeans said:

The anniversary date in 1954 was just a few days ago.

ppio.png

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Didn't folks have a similar opinion of the Salk vaccine? It was a totally new approach as well ascI recall

Different and Questionable who and how Testing done back then. We wonder why some have second thoughts with Covid Vaccine granted as "Emergency Authorized Use". Tuskegee's Syphilis is one, Polio another: After successful tests on laboratory animals, on July 2, 1952, assisted by the staff at the D.T. Watson Home for Crippled Children, Salk injected 43 children with his killed-virus vaccine. A few weeks later, Salk injected children at the Polk State School for the retarded and feeble-minded. Next Phase: The field trial set up to test the Salk vaccine was, according to O'Neill, "the most elaborate program of its kind in history, involving 20,000 physicians and public health officers, 64,000 school personnel, and 220,000 volunteers." Over 1.8 million schoolchildren took part in the trial.  ...Don't get me wrong my Brother received special Formula 51yrs ago paid by, "The Crippled Children's Fund" and I'm getting first dose Vaccine Covid Tommorrow.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I think the cdc will decide. That's my vote. Lol there used to be speculation, 3 tests and vaccine to board. One prior test, one boarding and one debarkkng... so it's getting better. Cdc still mandates testing until nov 1st. 

The CDC has absolutely no jurisdiction in any country outside of the U.S..  Each country or groups of countries like the EU will decide the requirements for visitation to their countries. The cruise lines will fall in line unless they decide not to cruise to those countries.  The same goes for cruisers who decide they do not want to be vaccinated. If they want to visit certain countries they will have to be vaccinated or they can visit each country in the comfort of their own home via YOUTUBE.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tim,n,Sue said:

The CDC has absolutely no jurisdiction in any country outside of the U.S..  Each country or groups of countries like the EU will decide the requirements for visitation to their countries. The cruise lines will fall in line unless they decide not to cruise to those countries.  The same goes for cruisers who decide they do not want to be vaccinated. If they want to visit certain countries they will have to be vaccinated or they can visit each country in the comfort of their own home via YOUTUBE.

Well thanks but who here doesnt know this? 

The cdc has not yet told the cruiselines exactly what th8ey have to know to restart, per fain. Maybe listen to him to verify. Until the cdc states exactly what hoops the cruiselines have to jump thru, they cant restart. The ports dont matter, imo. If say caymans doesnt want cruiseships, go to the bahamas or a private island. Hence my belief, the cruiselines can change the ports, once they know exactly what the cdc requires. The cdc will have to inspect every ship before it can leave from the usa. Its unknown if they are going to be able to do this in a timely manner. I'm only concerned with cruises leaving from the usa which are controlled by the cdc. I dont care what ports I visit. Just get me on a ship for now.

So frankly I dont care if there are some ports who dont want ships, or if the cdc has no control outside the usa. The ships need to pass the inspections as required until nov 1st. 

PS I'm also vaccinated but thanks for warning me I need it. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

I believe you were asked for a link.  Do you have it?

vaccination rates - Bing

image.png.b5e394c226bcf9bb40e9d4aa7ffda353.png

United Arab Emirates Coronavirus: 405,277 Cases and 1,296 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

image.thumb.png.580cc3ff42f220147c45f551d0816950.png

Biker, who wonders whether folks will debate the data or something else.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

Did hell freeze over?  CNN said herd immunity could be reached?  I thought those were forbidden words used by the previous administration?   Pathetic.  

Things are looking better - wish the CDC would let cruises operate by X date.  Require vaccinations, sail at lower capacity (who cares we will all be vaccinated) and let people make the choice to go or not.  

It’s time to pack the windjammer, argue over chairs, complain about food, debate tipping, etc etc.  

Optimism won, pessimism is loosing.  Leave the bunker and live life.   

E54632C7-85CD-4137-8E35-6A5FFCEF981B.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

While I would prefer everyone be vaccinated, we would still go if there wasn’t a requirement.  We will both have our vaccines (hopefully by the end of this month :)), and we are taking kn95s with us, so we feel like we’ll be pretty safe.  Also, since we are both paranoid of Noro (DH has had 2 bad cases, I’ve had one), we are also very good about frequent hand washing and carry the type of hand sanitizer that is supposed to be most

effective against noro.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Did hell freeze over?  CNN said herd immunity could be reached?  I thought those were forbidden words used by the previous administration?   Pathetic.  

Things are looking better - wish the CDC would let cruises operate by X date.  Require vaccinations, sail at lower capacity (who cares we will all be vaccinated) and let people make the choice to go or not.  

It’s time to pack the windjammer, argue over chairs, complain about food, debate tipping, etc etc.  

Optimism won, pessimism is loosing.  Leave the bunker and live life.   

E54632C7-85CD-4137-8E35-6A5FFCEF981B.jpeg

Dr. Scott Altas, the previous administration's preferred pandemic advisor, touted NATURAL herd immunity and that was before the vaccines were approved for emergency use. There is a difference between achieving natural herd immunity which kills people in huge numbers vs SAFE herd immunity which the vaccines provide. 

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

Just now, Incognito1 said:

Where's this choice?

* I am not currently planning to take a vaccine, and don't care what choices others make?

The poll is not unbiased in its choices.

You do what is best for you and your family !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Dr. Scott Altas, the previous administration's preferred pandemic advisor, touted NATURAL herd immunity and that was before the vaccines were approved for emergency use. There is a difference between achieving natural herd immunity which kills people in huge numbers vs SAFE herd immunity which the vaccines provide. 

So they weren’t planning on using vaccines?

They knew and we knew the vaccines were coming.  The final Moderna mNRA design was completed January 13, 2020.   

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, Biker19 said:

Look at the new cases on any site and see what the trend has been even though the country is supposed to be 100% vaccinated.

As far as I know no country is 100% vaccinated.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Don't know, nor if that includes all residents or just citizens- there are a lot more of the former than the latter.

And the link I posted says more like 32% as of 3/5.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't know, nor if that includes all residents or just citizens- there are a lot more of the former than the latter.

Google it.  The UAE rate is nowhere near 100%.  In fact, Israel is higher and they aren't at 100%.

• Like 2