Cruising Without Masks?

I would love to boo a cruise for late 2021 or early 2022.  DH says we will not book a cruise until we are sure we can cruise without masks. Best guesses as to when that will be? Not that it's relevant to the question, but we are both receiving our second vaccine a week from today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

I would love to boo a cruise for late 2021 or early 2022.  DH says we will not book a cruise until we are sure we can cruise without masks. Best guesses as to when that will be? Not that it's relevant to the question, but we are both receiving our second vaccine a week from today.

I think masks will be a requirement well into 2022. I agree with your DH, I don't want to cruise under those circumstances. I miss it so much but I'll gladly wait until it's more like the cruising I remember.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I am right with your husband.  I will never cruise again if masks are required. We have a TA booked for Oct. and if they don't cancel we probably will if the mask and social distancing rules still apply.  Luckily we are booked under CWC and can bail at the last minute. 

I thought CWC only gave you  FCC...not a refund ??? and has to be applied to a cruise by 4/22 sailing by 9/22??

16 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

OK.  Got it . You're making fun of me. Just looking for opinions.  I should know better with all of the snark on these boards.

I'm so sorry.. I'm not making fun of you at all. That is exactly one week before I'm supposed to board Liberty of the Seas.  I just want it to happen by then that's all.  It's just WAG but it is my hope.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

OK.  Got it . You're making fun of me. Just looking for opinions.  I should know better with all of the snark on these boards.

I don't think he was being snarky or making fun of you. I think that is when he has a cruise booked.

Edit: I just saw his followup post.

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm so sorry.. I'm not making fun of you at all. That is exactly one week before I'm supposed to board Liberty of the Seas.  I just want it to happen by then that's all.  It's just WAG but it is my hope.

Sorry - I should have looked at your cruising schedule!  I understand.  I hope you're right!

7 minutes ago, jalves said:

Masks aren't an issue for us as it relates to cruising.  We have dealt with masks for the past year.  Having to use them on a cruise isn't any different that day-to-day living.  

Being on a cruise is nothing like day to day living. I think that is why we go on them.😇

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Being on a cruise is nothing like day to day living. I think that is why we go on them.😇

9 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Agree!

If masks were the only serious change and most everything else had returned to close to normal I would be ok with some wearing of a mask.  Following the quantum reviews that we have seen I don't think things look to bad on the ship and we always ship excursions so that isn't a big deal for us.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Is that the 12/12/21 Western Caribbean out of Galveston?  We've been thinking about booking that but just waiting to see how cruising is going to be by then.

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If masks were the only serious change and most everything else had returned to close to normal I would be ok with some wearing of a mask.  Following the quantum reviews that we have seen I don't think things look to bad on the ship and we always ship excursions so that isn't a big deal for us.

I don't care about ship excursions. Being in port and not being able to get off the ship and walk around as I please is about as big a deal breaker as masks.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't care about ship excursions. Being in port and not being able to get off the ship and walk around as a please is about as big a deal breaker as masks.

Yeah that'll be a disappointment. We'll see how things unfold December is still a long way away.

• Like 1