AmaWaterways 45-night River Cruise 2023

vada_9

3 hours ago, Roz said:

I could definitely see the passengers (and crew!) getting cranky after 45 straight days of non-stop activity. 

This is 3 separate cruises on 3 different ships, so not a problem for the crew.  But yes, even though I love river cruising I think this would become a Bataan Death March for the passengers. 

I said earlier, I might consider a bespoke one-ship meander from Amsterdam to the Black Sea because that could have some down days built in.  But this sounds like a combo-package of three existing cruises – which will be go-go-go the entire time.

• Like 1

I don't think I would enjoy the packing and unpacking involved with the transfers.  That's one of the pluses to river or ocean cruises - unpack when you get onboard and then pack up when you get ready to leave. 

1 minute ago, Roz said:

I'm not finding it on the AMA website or online TA websites, so you must have to have an "in" in order to book.

I'm sure if you call AMA or a TA that works with them you could book it.

2 hours ago, Roz said:

I'm not finding it on the AMA website or online TA websites, so you must have to have an "in" in order to book.

We got info about this cruise directly from AMA, I think the email said it would be open to the general public for booking on March 15th so info should be on their website then. Not sure why we got an email about this cruise from them, we have taken a number of AMA cruises, but we were given the opportunity to book it before the general public. Too long a cruise for us though.

• Like 1

@LTC, I've never taken an AMA cruise, but they sent me the e-mail.. I think it just went out to their general mailing list.

I agree, much to long to be cruising, especially when we tend to pack in everything we can so we don't miss out on anything!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are booked on the April 2023 45 night cruise (AKA Spring Edition).  FYI, the 46 night version has a slightly different itinerary and is referred to as the "Summer Edition".  Anybody else have this booked?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Host Jazzbeau changed the title to AmaWaterways 45-night River Cruise 2023