Aft cabin advice - Pursuit

CoG72crewz

I've looked at the cabin document in another thread but reviews are very mixed.  We are currently booked on deck 7 and are considering a move to one of the aft cabins 6090, 6093, 8090, 8093 (deck 7 aft isn't available). I also did a Google search but couldn't find any photos or videos of this type of cabin. If you have any experience with these cabins I'd love to hear about it.  Opinions on decks 6 & 8 would also be appreciated. This will be our first cruise on Azamara. 

We were in 8090 for our 2017 Australia & New Zealand cruise on the Journey . . . and absolutely loved it!

Sitting on the veranda and watching the wake of the ship was so relaxing. Some have complained about more movement, but we we not bothered at all. Other have complained about excessive soot on the furniture, but we felt it was minimal and easily wiped off. 

We usually book V1 Veranda cabins. At the time we booked, there was a great promotion being offered. It was an upgrade from an inside category to a veranda category. My TA actually was able to book 8090 (which was the highest price non-suite veranda) for the price of the lowest inside cabin. I don't think they've had a deal that good since. Now that the aft cabins are in the Veranda Plus category, the offer would have to be exceptional.

Jerry

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rabo said:

We were in 8090 for our 2017 Australia & New Zealand cruise on the Journey . . . and absolutely loved it!

Sitting on the veranda and watching the wake of the ship was so relaxing. Some have complained about more movement, but we we not bothered at all. Other have complained about excessive soot on the furniture, but we felt it was minimal and easily wiped off. 

We usually book V1 Veranda cabins. At the time we booked, there was a great promotion being offered. It was an upgrade from an inside category to a veranda category. My TA actually was able to book 8090 (which was the highest price non-suite veranda) for the price of the lowest inside cabin. I don't think they've had a deal that good since. Now that the aft cabins are in the Veranda Plus category, the offer would have to be exceptional.

Jerry

I personally don't feel like the Plus cost is normally worth it but the price my TA quoted isn't much more than the Veranda V1 category. Did you feel like the solid wall diminished the view?  Would we be able to see the wake when sitting down?

25 minutes ago, SWKcruise said:

I personally don't feel like the Plus cost is normally worth it but the price my TA quoted isn't much more than the Veranda V1 category. Did you feel like the solid wall diminished the view?  Would we be able to see the wake when sitting down?

Azamara-Quest-Club-Deluxe-Veranda-Stateroom.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWKcruise said:

I've looked at the cabin document in another thread but reviews are very mixed.  We are currently booked on deck 7 and are considering a move to one of the aft cabins 6090, 6093, 8090, 8093 (deck 7 aft isn't available). I also did a Google search but couldn't find any photos or videos of this type of cabin. If you have any experience with these cabins I'd love to hear about it.  Opinions on decks 6 & 8 would also be appreciated. This will be our first cruise on Azamara. 

We have been in 6093 on Journey and would recommend it.

However, on Pursuit there was considerable engine vibration and consequent rattles in the stateroom that defeated some of our efforts to dampen them.

This was only a major problem when we were on a long leg of the itinerary that required some speed.

If there are no or limited nights when the ship has to make significant progress on an itinerary, then we would consider choosing it again.

You can also assess your tolerance for rattles/vibration in general, and I also seem to remember that there was talk that the issue was going to be addressed.

• Like 1

On Pursuit's deck 8  on the stern we had noise from above when chairs were moved.  On Quest and Journey we never had this problem on deck 8 stern cabins.  The chairs are different on Pursuit, or they were before the shutdown.  The only time we had significant vibration or noise was when the ship was moving at top speed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

On Pursuit's deck 8  on the stern we had noise from above when chairs were moved.  On Quest and Journey we never had this problem on deck 8 stern cabins.  The chairs are different on Pursuit, or they were before the shutdown.  The only time we had significant vibration or noise was when the ship was moving at top speed.

Noise was my main concern in regards to deck 8. Thanks!

We had an aft cabin a few cruises back.  It was nice to stand and watch the wake, but neither of us are tall enough to see it while seated. The other issue that I haven’t seen mentioned yet was the soot from the stacks that accumulated each evening.  The furniture had to be wiped down every morning before using it.

Would I turn the cabin down if available? No.  Would I pay the premium if others were available?  Again, no. 

• Like 1

H

57 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We were in 6088 once [lucked into a cheap upgrade].  We had a little soot on the balcony some mornings, but the cabin attendants cleaned it without being asked.

Hope it was a long cruise.  That's a lovely cabin.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We were in 6088 once [lucked into a cheap upgrade].  We had a little soot on the balcony some mornings, but the cabin attendants cleaned it without being asked.

Our experience, as well.  Not a big deal.

• Like 2

I've stayed in aft cabins half a dozen times and had soot to varying degrees, depending upon speed of the ship and wind direction. The stewards are indeed very good at cleaning it off. I asked mine for an old rag that I could keep handy to wipe the balcony rail first thing in the morning and it worked a treat. I also kept a spare pair of the Azamara slippers by the patio doors.

Phil 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, marinaro44 said:

We've been in an aft suite on Deck 8 on the old Royal Princess (now rgw Pursuit) ----- never again because the noise from the chairs and tables above us was awful.

Since then, when we have been in an aft suite on a old R. ship, we've chosen Deck 7.