Walk in shoes or in bare feet

Don't stop to eat

So Walk (March) in March for a loss

Show yourself that your the boss

Numbers on the scale will go down

You will have a smile and not a frown

March For A Loss This Month Is The CALL

So Shout It--  Do It-- One And ALL

Thanks for starting the thread, Belle. Walking seems to be the only exercise I am consistent with. 

I'm down 3 pounds this week. I was hopping all over the house yesterday when we booked the new cruise, so I'm sure the extra activity helped. We're having take out tonight. We have really cut down eating out so hopefully I don't gorge myself and gain it all back. I find it really hard to moderate when there is good Tex Mex around.

I hope everyone has good numbers today!

Belle, thanks for the poem.

mel, great loss.

Jan, sorry about the gain.

I stayed the same.  I'm not upset about that because I thought for sure that I would have a gain.   My sister-in-law passed away last weekend and I have been doing some comfort eating.   I am trying to get back on track now.

Rose

Belle, thanks for the great poem. 

Mel, huge loss for the week. It's nice to have something to get excited about. Enjoy the yummy takeout. 

Jan, sorry you gained.

Rose, like you I stayed the same. Condolences for your sister-in-law.

Diana

Belle thanks for the motivation.

I continue with walking routine.  It’s the only consistent exercise for me.  I walk 1/2 time or distance away from home - then have to continue to get home.  

Mel great loss.

Jan it went on fast will come off fast 

Rose and Diana same is good.

Texas Gov. is an idiot.   Houston mayor and city atty are having a fit.  They did say businesses can insist on masks.   Overall I think those of us who are masks wearers will continue (its already a habit won’t hurt to continue)

Some info for Galveston cruisers.  There is a shuttle from the airport IAH for  $48.   I had to use t because “friends” from San Antonio  stayed at my house before our cruise and drove us to port next morning.   Then they decided mid cruise I should find a friend to come and get me because they couldn’t drive me home.  I took the shuttle and had a friend pick me up at airport.  (That is condensed version— what they really did is not  how friends behave) 

sticking with plan to not weigh until last week of March.

Hi all!

Belle ~ good advice! Walking is so good for a body & easy to do. My DH does it every day but I only do it when I go grocery shopping. I like walking in Town better than out here in the country.

melmar02 ~ wow, that was quite a loss, WTG!

Rose ~ sorry for your loss. Always hard to lose a family member, especially at this time when funerals aren't allowed.

I thought those chips & chocolate wouldn't lead to a loss so am up that same 0.8 I lost last week.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Your Welcome:classic_smile:

Mel---Congrats on the big loss. I booked cruises, in fact many, I didn't

lose weight after I booked them. Guess it didn't count because they were

cancelled. Enjoy your Tex Mex dinner.

Jan---You know our weight goes up and down for some reasons we don't know.

Staying home and not knowing what will be in 2021, I think puts a strain on our bodies.

Bet you'll get the pounds off soon. 

Rose---I'm sorry your SIL has passed.  Glad you didn't have a gain with the comfort

food. Sometimes you need the comfort food. Know you'll get back on track soon.

Diana---Nice you didn't have a gain. Maybe a loss next week. Did your husband have

any trouble with his 1st vaccine shot. Usually not but can with the 2nd.

Izena---That's what I said in last weeks post---Don't listen to your Gov. He's one of

"parties"" out there who only think of their group and not the people.

What's wrong with them. Glad your Mayor is doing right, virus not over even with the vaccine.

Not everyone has it yet and all the new strains coming out.

Glad your walking and sorry your friends did you wrong.

Jo---Glad you had a loss when you thought you might of had a gain. Maybe you ate less

of other things because of the Chips and Chocolate.  I like you not doing the walking like

I use to. Do walk in the house some.  When things get better out there, will feel like walking

outside more. The weather should get better and we change clocks in a week or so, will

be lighter longer each day.

Me---I stayed the same which I'm happy with. The last few days have really been hungry.

Been snacking to much.

Ombud, Susan where are you?  Holly you joined us and then didn't dome back. Come back

we're nice people.

Everyone has a good Friday and weekend. Hope see you all talking in here this weekend

and know your doing well.

What do you plan to do this weekend to try to stay on plan?  I'm going to make food ahead so

I can just grab and heat it and not snack to much.

Jazzper and I were able to walk our 3 miles before the rain started.

As far as the “friends”  I actually felt empowered. I had anticipated they would  sneak out—- so I had purchased the the shuttle ticket  at the end of the week.  

Think I’m losing my mind.  Forgetting where I put things  Took 2 hours to find my passport.  Can’t find my “senior National park pass”. Got it when they were only  $10 now they are $80.  Oh well I have all spring to find it.

was going to thin and transplant  agapanthus  (bloom once a year with large round flower )  toooooo hard to separate so just going to dig them up. Now have a new project to decide what to place in the flowerbed.  

Got our second vaccinations this week.  My DHdid fine.  I was sick as a dog.  Fever, chills, body aches, and terrible headache.  I did not weigh this week due to all the Advil and tylenol i have taken.  I know what that stuff does to me on the scales.  Now that I am back to normal i would go through it all again to be able to know that we have done all that we can to keep from getting this terrible virus.  In 2 more weeks we should be able to not worry about it so much.  This weekend we travel to Gulf Breeze, Florida for a baby shower for our soon to be born first grandson. We have one granddaughter who is 2. I hate to probably be the only one at the shower with a mask on but so be it.  Everyone have a good week and stay safe!

• Like 1

Jan - sorry you're up this week. 

Rose - sorry to hear about your sister in law. 

Diana - same is good.

Izena - glad you were able to get your walk in. 

Jo - sorry for the gain.

Belle - same is good, especially with extra snacks. If I stay busy, I don't want to snack as much. My mind is on something other than food, so I don't eat just because I'm bored. I'll be busy all day tomorrow - I have an open house (different venue than last week) that I'm just going to drop displays and samples off at in the morning, then I have a wedding to deliver at 1pm, then pick up the displays. We're having game night tomorrow night with the kids too. Sunday is our special breakfast day. I usually don't want lunch after that and then we eat a healthful dinner.

Susan - sorry you had a reaction to the second dose. Congratulations on your grandson! Enjoy the shower! 

Good Afternoon on this Friday.  Remember when weekends were------

Exciting?

Izena---Glad you and your dog had a walk before the rain.  Sounds like you

knew your "friends" and thought ahead.  Hate it when you know you have

something and can't find it---but you will.

Susan---Glad you got your 2nd shot but was so sick. Happy your better now.

It's a wonder why some get sick and some don't but it's not the sickness where

you wind up in the hospital. That's why the vaccine so we don't. Be careful on

your trip to Florida your shot doesn't take effect till 2 weeks. Yes mask. Everyone

should. Congrats on grandson.

Mel---Sounds like you have a busy weekend. Hope you get lots of jobs from

your samples.  The weddings your doing are they new ones or ones that were

postpone?   Still worried about all in Texas. Your Gov going to fast.

Not doing much today, a little cleaning. just remembering good memories

and not just thinking this as a sad day.

Wishing us all a no gain weekend.:classic_smile:

Walked to a friends this morning. Visited  15 minutes then returned.  Round trip 4.7 miles. 

Got several texts from DIL yesterday .  Several abt her son who joined AF. Picture,  training their possible visit from TN to see him at Lackland AFB, San Antonio.     

After all those texts she casually mentions my son has covid.   It is a very mild case, had a bout with chills, slight fever and earache.   Only tested because his FIL  was having surgery.   (They rarely see her family due to covid. BUT go to her second son’s basketball games !!!!)  oh well 

Decided no big deal about park pass — can just get a new one.  Everyone have a good weekend.

I made a mistake.  I bought a cake. A whole cake.  I think I'll drop it off at my daughter's because I shouldn't have it here. Gaining again. I'm upset that I saw a rat outside (nothing inside) and estimates range from DIY $13 - $3700. I border up to a ranch so they all say I can't get rid of them for good. Estimators who come inside say they aren't inside or in crawl space but it freaks me out. 2 more coming today to give me their thoughts.  But I'm confused and it just gets more confusing. 4 estimates / 4 opinions. So I went out and bought a cake. Felt good last night but not today. Sorry it's so long winded but I keep getting bad news (My BFF lost his only remaining brother yesterday.)

I also like walking in town but my town has 11k people. 

Rose, condolences on your Sister-in-law.

Izena,  I still think need to stay cautious until 80% have been vaccinated 

Susan, congratulations on the baby 

Jan & Jo, I think I'm up too 

Afternoon All---Hope you all have sunny weather even if it's

cold where you live. Bight days make us feel better.

Izena---Nice long walk you had. Good job.  Sorry about your son,

said mild case but sounds like he was sick for awhile. Hope he's

better now.

Maybe the pass will show up when not looking for it.

Ombud---Sorry about your BBF brother. Least she has you to talk to.

I understand you buying the cake---rats and the price to get rid of them

and doesn't do it for good.  You enjoyed the cake and if you don't think you 

can have portion control or freeze it, the right thing is to give away.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Getting things done you want to

do or just relaxing and enjoying yourself.

Good to read everyone is doing well. Been busy answering tax questions for our CPA. I went to the dentist today for a cleaning. Was supposed to go early Jan. but was too scared, COVID cases too high in our area. Felt better today (our cases now are down 75%). Only a handful of people in the office. 

Tomorrow hubby and I are planting some seeds: lettuce, tomatoes, etc. 

Belle, good you stayed the same. My hubby only had a sore arm for his 1 st shot. I'm nervous about how he will feel after the 2nd. 

Not sure how my weight will do on Thursday as junk finds it's way into our shopping cart......

Jo, sorry you gained, small gain though.

Susan, congrats on the grandbaby. Sorry you had bad symptoms with your 2nd shot. 

Mel, you are so busy. Enjoy your big breakfast with your kids tomorrow. 

Izena, great you get your walks in. Sorry your friend's songot COVID but fortunate as you say a mild case.

Ombud, eek, rats. Hopefully you can get that rectified soon! I agree, get rid of the cake. You have done so well, don't want to gain back.....

Have a good weekend.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Good Morning On this first Sunday of March.

Diana you had a busy Sat. Will be nice to have fresh Vegs you planted

when there ready to pick.

Yes  I wonder how some "things" get in the cart when I shop too.

Everyone enjoy your day. Stay safe and warm. Next weekend we change

the time, will be lighter longer and start getting warmer--I hope.

Belle - I only had a few couples reschedule their weddings over the last year. 5 maybe, and only 1 completely cancelled to get married at the courthouse. Most went ahead with their weddings and just reduced their guest list.

Izena - sorry your son has Covid. I hope he recovers soon. That was a nice walk you got in to your friend's house!

Ombud - sorry to hear about your friend's brother. I had a house that backed up to a giant field and was always worried about mice, but never had any. Then in our last house when we had that terrible hail storm that totaled our roof, we got them. I guess not having a roof for 6 weeks gives them an easy way to get in. Cut a slice of the cake, put it in the freezer, and take the rest to your daughter. 

Diana - I've been putting off an eye appointment for the same reason. My glasses are getting terribly scratched after 2 years though, so I think I'm going to need to make that appointment. Our yard is going to be torn up for awhile. Not sure we are going to get any veggies planted this year.

It's going to be pretty here this next week. Looking forward to getting outside with the kids. We need to clear off our patio today too in hopes that they get the stonework and decking done this week.

Edited by melmar02

Ombud  I totally understand the cake issue.  When I was still eating sweets I knew I would eat it all in a day.  I made a cake when I had my second son  —my family was visiting — as soon as they left —I dumped the leftovers AND put garbage over it.   I have no self control.  Sorry about your BFF brother.  

I decided to go to Jackson Hewitt for taxes.  I am not good with computer  so doing taxes online is stressful.   Too an hour today and I feel so much better .. knew I would have to pay but wasn’t as much as I thought.

doing okay not getting on scale.

I put out the Tomcat (which 4 exterminators recommended & I'll never use again because it's so toxic) and can't find hollowed out orange peels any more. Strange. Maybe they went back to the field behind the house?

Did my taxes the 1st day TurboTax would import bank / investment info (2/19/21) and saw the final refund this morning. My taxes are so easy now. Just enter pension info, import bank / investments, and efile. 

My friend is feeling a little better about his brother. It hit him hard but I think guys tend to hide feelings. That's where my cake went ..... better his house than mine. 

Getting cold again. The weather person says snow this week. Life's strange

Izena, those so-called 'friends' had nerve using you as a hotel! Have you had any contact after the cruise??

Mel, looking forward to pictures of your yard once its done. Sounds like it'll be a perfect site for a stay cation

Susan, how long did the vaccine soreness last? Enjoy the shower and do whatever feels right. It's 50/50 here on continuing the mask 2 weeks after completing the vaccine series (1 vs2 shots).

Sounds like Belle, Susan, & Izena are traveling .... anyone else? 

Hello All---How's everyone doing? 

I wasn't feeling well yesterday but today fine. Don't know what it was.

Daughter had today off so she and my son came over today for lunch.

He did some shredding for me and they looked though a few things I dug

up (to much space in this house, why did we keep what we kept?)

Had a nice day with them.

Mel---'Glad you didn't miss many cake orders. Your yard will really look good

with the stonework and everything.  Having a pool party for us all?

Izena---Today I had dessert (usually don't) and daughter brought a cake. So froze

it (small one) have it next time they come. I get my taxes done easy--my son does it for me.

Ombud---I'm traveling I hope but not till Oct. Nov. and Dec. if they sail. Going to cancel July.

Hope the rat has gone back to the farm. Nice you got your tax refund already. We might be

all getting a check again if they pass the covid19 bill.

Hope everyone had a good day and Tuesday is a good one too.

Belle - sorry you weren't feeling well, but glad it was just a one day thing. Nice your kids stopped by. 

Izena - great staying away from the scale. You're motivating me for May!

Ombud - I hope your little visitor is gone. I still need to gather my tax info for DH to do our taxes. Categorize my receipts, etc. It will only take a couple hours, but I hate doing it. It would be easier if I would do that as I buy things, but the creative in me just can't wrap my head around that concept.

We get our second dose on the 18th, so we're thinking we will go to Lubbock to visit my MIL on Easter weekend. She's already received both of her doses. I told my husband this morning that it will be exciting just to see the inside of a gas station on the road.😆 We haven't seen her since Halloween, so it will be a good visit. 

Today is leftovers - we've got some shrimp, spaghetti sauce, and lots of veggies in the fridge. I've been doing okay on water. I always seem to drink more as it starts to warm up outside. Walking around the house with ankle and hand weights or walking outside while the kids ride their bikes. We're supposed to get more rain Friday and this weekend, so we're getting out as much as we can now. 

Belle glad you are feeling better.  

Ombud  hope your critter is gone.

Mel  awesome your planning a trip to Lubbock to see MIL

Weather has been incredible.  Still working on flower bed it’s  12 x  8 .  The only plant in it is a pink crepe myrtle.   Slowly turning  over the soil - then will rotatill ,  add more soil  then plant some schrubs , flowers etc.  I don’t mulch my back flower beds Jazzper and his friends tend to kick it all into the grass. 

I try to drink at least 4 20oz glasses of water a day.  To keep track I have 5 quarters near my sink (I prefer tap water)  I move a quarter each time I finish a glass.    I drink a glass every time I have the urge to snack.  

Everyone be safe,  do something fun or silly