Post COVID: what are you looking forward to the most?

Bake apple

Some good Rhine wine would have been nice. @Bake apple perhaps some enterprising relative could hunt for some locally, they might find some. Throw it casually into the next eMail or video call that you fancy drinking some and, who knows, you might find a surprise package in front of your door. In Germany some vintners now do online tasting. They send you bottles and you join them online for the tasting - or something like that. Have not done one yet.

notamermaid

8 hours ago, Bake apple said:

Well CA I think I need your blueprint for your celebrations.  We are celebrating our 50th during mid-May and had all these wonderful plans to cruise the Rhine again and wine taste ourselves into a standstill.  Now of course we are making a new plan and I like your style!!!

To further the demographics of the River Cruise Forum:  we also will celebrate our 50th- next week- by staying home.  Our OAT small ship cruise of the French and Italian Rivieras has been moved to 2022.  Last year, our 49th celebration was supposed to be a nice dinner in Tromso, Norway watching the Northern Lights.  Instead our tour company (not OAT!) cancelled us- abandoning us in Oslo where the only dining venue still open was the pannini kiosk in the train station.  Hopefully the 51st will be more exciting and less stressful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerseyGem said:

To further the demographics of the River Cruise Forum:  we also will celebrate our 50th- next week- by staying home.  Our OAT small ship cruise of the French and Italian Rivieras has been moved to 2022.  Last year, our 49th celebration was supposed to be a nice dinner in Tromso, Norway watching the Northern Lights.  Instead our tour company (not OAT!) cancelled us- abandoning us in Oslo where the only dining venue still open was the pannini kiosk in the train station.  Hopefully the 51st will be more exciting and less stressful!

I loved Tromso! I was there in the summer and there during 24 hour sunlight. I did a tour to the country side area Sommaroy.  Sorry your 49th was disappointing. 

I think I could live in Norway except for I can't do fish and would probably starve due to Lutefish being such a huge tradition. Though I live in Nebraska and am surrounded by Runzas (that I can't stand) and still survive.

We were thinking of taking a big trip next year (2022) for our 40th anniversary anyway, and since we will probably have gone 2 years without travelling, we will go all out for sure!

Still not believing that our land tour of the Canadian Rockies in September will happen.  If I was Canada the last thing I would do is let Americans in!

• Like 2

As much as I want to travel - I will be happy to feel safe going into public places (restaurants, stores, work) with out taking so many precautions. These places have been open here - I just don't feel comfortable eating out yet or shopping. I think Zappos hates me as I am ordering shoes and sending them back. I was thinking the other day to go into a shoe store and try them on and find the right size the first time as opposed to guessing wrongly many times.

Edited by Coral

While I can’t wait to travel too I’m also looking forward to more freedom.  Going out for entertainment or a meal sounds so wonderful.  I’m tired of take out and cooking.  I want to be served a meal and get up and let someone else do the dishes.  Shopping in my favorite store also sounds great.

We have been fortunate seeing the kids and grandchildren.  We all quarantined 3 times this past year before we got together so we could see each other without fear of making anyone sick.  Most work from home, don’t go out so it wasn’t too hard to do.  We travel by car to see them.

One thing I’m going to continue is pick up grocery.  I love doing my order on line and having it put in my trunk!  I hope that continues without fees.  I save a lot of time and probably don’t impulse buy as much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

While I can’t wait to travel too I’m also looking forward to more freedom.  Going out for entertainment or a meal sounds so wonderful.  I’m tired of take out and cooking.  I want to be served a meal and get up and let someone else do the dishes.  Shopping in my favorite store also sounds great.

We found this today.  It was nice & sunny so we decided to take a drive up to Sugar Bush country.  We are so used to stopping off in small towns along the way to poke into local specialty shops (cheese factories, ice cream, etc) on our way, and weren't allowed to this year due to restrictions.  Missed our breakfast as well, but did manage to pick up some Maple candy...that almost made up for it!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

One thing I’m going to continue is pick up grocery.  I love doing my order on line and having it put in my trunk!  I hope that continues without fees.  I save a lot of time and probably don’t impulse buy as much. 

I am loving this also.

• Like 2