JUST THE FACTS - No speculation - JUST THE FACTS.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The fact is that are very few actual facts related to the start up of cruising and that any current facts are likely to change before cruising resumes. 

And thete definitely aren't any facts from crew members. They are being led on just like us

• Like 2

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I am not (as was scheduled and booked) cruising the south coast of Australia right now on Serenade.  That is a definite fact.  Instead, here at home remodeling both bathrooms.  Yaahhh.  😝

We board Ovation for 25 days on March 11.

Better get packing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think this was a serious question from the OP.............but as everyone can see it's going completly the opposite way..........oh well.

It would be different if there was anything factual. But there's not. Even what's happening in Singapore is being discounted as 'well that's just Asia'

Same thing will happen when Ovation sails

People don't want facts. They just want others to agree with their perceptions of the facts

That is all

• Like 5

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'll let the OP judge whether this article is good or bad, but it IS a fact that cruise line stocks are doing better, thanks to renewed hopes of sailing brought about by the vaccinations. I can't say for sure when cruising will resume, but the stock market (which as we all know thrives on speculation) seems to think the future looks good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/palashghosh/2021/03/04/carnival-norwegian-cruise-united-american-airlines-stocks-surge-on-vaccine-rollout-hopes-for-return-to-normal/?sh=57299afee11d

Old data. Many analysts now think a large correction is looming

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'll let the OP judge whether this article is good or bad, but it IS a fact that cruise line stocks are doing better, thanks to renewed hopes of sailing brought about by the vaccinations. I can't say for sure when cruising will resume, but the stock market (which as we all know thrives on speculation) seems to think the future looks good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/palashghosh/2021/03/04/carnival-norwegian-cruise-united-american-airlines-stocks-surge-on-vaccine-rollout-hopes-for-return-to-normal/?sh=57299afee11d

The stock market could take lessons from CC about thriving on speculation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed.

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think this was a serious question from the OP.............but as everyone can see it's going completly the opposite way..........oh well.

It wouldn’t be CC if it didn’t. 🥂

• Like 2

A true fact....I was able to check in for our May 16th cruise! There was a detailed screen describing the Covid situations that could occur on board and one needs to agree to accept decisions by RCCL to abandon the cruise, etc. We have been assigned a time for our "well-screening" (3 pm...ugh!) and arriving any earlier will require a longer wait. 

With all that said, I am not naive and realize they can cancel May cruises at any time. But it gave me a little glimpse of hope.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I still have one for June

Allure 5/30/21?   Just bidding my time while RCI holds onto my funds for that...and holds...and holds.  😣  Was paid for with an FCC, so have to wait for reissue.