Noise from restaurants on board?

comcox

As ships are very different please specify ship(s) - might also depend on itinerary.
At the Norwegian coastal voyage you should avoid port side cabins  - there will be noise from cargo gates and gangway when ship has port stops during night.

In general Hurtigruten ships are very quiet.

22 hours ago, hallasm said:

As ships are very different please specify ship(s) - might also depend on itinerary.
At the Norwegian coastal voyage you should avoid port side cabins  - there will be noise from cargo gates and gangway when ship has port stops during night.

In general Hurtigruten ships are very quiet.

It would be on the MS Maud (formerly Midnatsol) on a round U.K. expedition cruise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, comcox said:

It would be on the MS Maud (formerly Midnatsol) on a round U.K. expedition cruise.

I wonder how many cruises are there that may take you around the UK? Is it considered a sea cruise or a river cruise? I also wonder how does it effect Ireland

23 hours ago, comcox said:

Do the inside cabins above (deck 6) or below (deck 4) get any noise from the restaurant areas?  I've an early to bed type (like by 9 pm).  Thanks for any info.

Well, usually all those cabins have a very nice noise isolation. However, the case is different if they use some sort of a music system with a high Bass volume on out there 

On 3/7/2021 at 12:04 PM, comcox said:

Do the inside cabins above (deck 6) or below (deck 4) get any noise from the restaurant areas?  I've an early to bed type (like by 9 pm).

I have had a cabin with a similar location just above the dining room on MS Trollfjord - absolutely no problems.  Do not expect problems below dining room neither. There's probably a door out to the promenade deck aft of the ship - so you might want to avoid the rear cabins.

Hurtigruten is not known for high music or entertainment and for sure not in the dining room.

Interesting when UK opens up to travelers - as MS Maud mainly visits British ports it will be possible for Britons to join - so maybe they skip Ireland

16 minutes ago, gptraveler said:

We had a balcony suite on the Rotterdam and we were below the Windjammer

You can not immediately compare Hurtigruten's ships with HAL - much smaller and quieter ships. 

• Like 2