Hopefully, the fifth time is the charm...

sid_9169

After being cancelled on four different times now, I went ahead and booked again for late May 2022... I considered just getting my money back after all of the hassle involved in booking and rebooking over and over again. Not to mention, the hours upon hours I've spent on the phone with them... I retained the 200% of the original amount that I originally paid, however this time they wouldn't let me use the credit to pay for the Bar Tab, which they have allowed me to do on prior bookings. That's kind of a bummer, and now I still have around $700 in FCC that I may never use. They did say that I could use it for shore excursions... I still plan on buying the pre paid bar tab, with the additional $100 bonus, but I don't want to throw a single more dollar at this situation until the ship actually starts sailing...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

I tried the $300 for $400 bar tab with Future Voyage Credits too...and got shot down.

Yeah, I'm not happy about that... I may try to upgrade my cabin, just to use up the rest of my leftover FCC...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, sid_9169 said:

After being cancelled on four different times now, I went ahead and booked again for late May 2022... I considered just getting my money back after all of the hassle involved in booking and rebooking over and over again. Not to mention, the hours upon hours I've spent on the phone with them... I retained the 200% of the original amount that I originally paid, however this time they wouldn't let me use the credit to pay for the Bar Tab, which they have allowed me to do on prior bookings. That's kind of a bummer, and now I still have around $700 in FCC that I may never use. They did say that I could use it for shore excursions... I still plan on buying the pre paid bar tab, with the additional $100 bonus, but I don't want to throw a single more dollar at this situation until the ship actually starts sailing...

I too just rebooked for the FIFTH TIME. And I paid my deposit 1,251 days ago.. So frustrating. Hopefully April 2022 is the winner-And we don't have another wave then...AHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

I feel you.  I ended up disappointgly  taking the 25% plus a refund.  I had an aft suite booked for 1.5 years.  Started building a house here in Texas, and probably the two most unpredictable things right now are construction delays and the cruise market. 😅

I figured with taxes and some other changes in my life getting the refund and 25% credit was good, but damn getting the 200% back and booking the biggest, badass suite was tempting lol.

Edited by chillyw
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, chillyw said:

I feel you.  I ended up disappointgly  taking the 25% plus a refund.  I had an aft suite booked for 1.5 years.  Started building a house here in Texas, and probably the two most unpredictable things right now are construction delays and the cruise market. 😅

I figured with taxes and some other changes in my life getting the refund and 25% credit was good, but damn getting the 200% back and booking the biggest, badass suite was tempting lol.

The 200% FCC is probably why I have not cancelled-It got me into a suite-So I can at least have one sweet voyage....Otherwise, I would have cancelled.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:53 AM, garymfreedman said:

I too just rebooked for the FIFTH TIME. And I paid my deposit 1,251 days ago.. So frustrating. Hopefully April 2022 is the winner-And we don't have another wave then...AHHHHHHHHHH

Thats nothing... For a Silversea cruise I booked and paid in full time of booking) for a sailing in August 2020, back in May 2018... I used the credit on a sailing in May 21 from Venice which was cancelled and its now shifted to a sailing in March 2023.

Who'd have dreamed to have paid in full (not deposit) FIVE years before stepping on board!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 1:07 AM, chillyw said:

We decided to blow the entire 200% (well, I had $70 FCC left) on a Gorgeous Suite for a Dominican Daze cruise in May 2022. We were originally in a central sea terrace for the birthday bash July 2020, when that was cancelled we had a cheeky corner biggest terrace for the 2021 birthday, and now we are excited to have the mega rockstar experience in a gorgeous suite!! Hubby is useless at taking time off of work, so we may as well have a once in a lifetime trip thanks to the very generous re-booking credit!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I ended up finding a way to use up the rest of my future voyage credit. They wouldn't allow me to buy the bar tab deal (buy $300 and get $400 in bar tab) so, I called just now and they let me convert it to Sailor Loot. Now, at least after being cancelled on so many times now, I'll be able to get some value out of the leftover money. I'm now booked for September 26 2021, which is only the second sailing ever once she reaches Miami. God willing, it's actually going to happen this time around...

• Like 1