Seattle airport hotel or downtown

25 minutes ago, Cruisenewbie2018 said:

Would you stay at an airport hotel and have a longer taxi/ Uber to pier or stay downtown and have a shorter trip to pier. One night pre cruise.

The airport hotels at SeaTac are pretty uninspiring. Given that the cruise piers are downtown I would stay there. We're actually in Seattle now and the downtown has already been coming back to life a bit over the past couple weeks. By May of 2022 it should be fine.

If you look down the board, there are many discussions on this general topic. As mentioned, while much cheaper, staying at the airport is a dull experience. So much to do and see in downtown. We would, and have, stayed downtown a few times.

Downtown hotels can be pricey during cruise season. You might consider the Mediterranean Inn.  It is reasonably priced and is one of the closer hotels to Pier 91.  There is a Safeway a block away as well as several restaurants within a few blocks. The Space Needle/Seattle Center is just a few blocks away. It isn’t the perfect location for exploring downtown but if you have limited time to do that, it’s a good location.

Downtown!  That's where I would stay and have stayed each time I have sailed from Seattle.  Even if one's stay is short, there are is much that can be done if one is close to the attractions that Seattle offers.  And, the dining choices are so abundant.  

• 2 weeks later...

If the border opens up we will be driving down the day before.  Our last trip we stayed at the Embassy Suites by Seatac which was fine love the happy hour there and its always a good way to wind down after the drive.

Next trip we are booked into the Fairfield Inn decent rate rooms looked nice online and we will leave the car there and they will shuttle us to the port the next morning or we will Uber it if it looks crazy busy.   Lots of restaurants/bars in the area for a bite before we settle in.  Stayed downtown numerous times and we did enjoy the Edgewater but summer rates and the exchange makes it more than I want to pay.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 5:57 PM, jonbgd said:

Seattle Marriott waterfront is great hotel and location

Closer to your pier

Great views

Anthonys Pier 66 great restaurant

Near Pikes Place 

The Seattle Marriott and Anthony's:  my favorite two places in Seattle.  With the bonus that the Hop On/Off bus stops across the street from the Marriott where the restaurant is located.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The Seattle Marriott and Anthony's:  my favorite two places in Seattle.  With the bonus that the Hop On/Off bus stops across the street from the Marriott where the restaurant is located.  

The Hop On/Off bus hasn't operated since October 2019. It was nice to have while it was here.

19 hours ago, Glaciers said:

The Hop On/Off bus hasn't operated since October 2019. It was nice to have while it was here.

😢

Obviously from my previous post, I did not know this!  Why was it discontinued?  If you know.  During my visits, the bus was well patronized, I thought.  

On 3/21/2021 at 12:43 AM, scottca075 said:

I'd stay in Downtown, no question.

Of course.  Why anyone would want to go to an interesting city and plan to not see any of it is beyond me. It's like flying into Rome and rushing to Civita Vecchia -- or like the poster from Washington on another thread wanting to spend a couple of nights near Newark airport or a mall prior to sailing from Bayonne --- they have no airports or malls on the West Coast?    ZEEESCH! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

or like the poster from Washington on another thread wanting to spend a couple of nights near Newark airport or a mall prior to sailing from Bayonne --- they have no airports or malls on the West Coast?

Your post put a smile on my face.  😄

• 4 weeks later...