Accessible Taxi in LAX to San Pedro or SFO to Princess Pier

lost4sure

Hello,

We used to use Super Shuttle from LAX to San Pedro, now that they are no longer in service.  Wondering how quick and easy can you order an accessible taxi from LAX queue lineup to San Pedro.  My dad needs the wheelchair ramp taxi.  We have 2 cruises booked from San Pedro and San Francisco.  So any info will be great.  Also was told the Bart in SFO is wheelchair friendly from airport to Pier?  

Grace

Some companies with wheelchair transportation from LAX are

Road Runner Shuttle    rrshuttle.com

United Taxi  unitedtaxi.com

LA Yellow Cab     layellowcab.com

LA Checker Cab    ineedtaxi.com

LA City Cab      lacitycab.com

I would contact the taxi company ahead of time to determine how much notice they need to provide an accessible taxi.

Also, you might check with your cruise line about their wheelchair transportation from LAX to the port.  You would need to contact the cruise line's Access Department to inquire about accessible transfers.  It might be less expensive than through other companies.    

It's about 20 miles from LAX to the port.  

21 hours ago, lost4sure said:

Hello,

We used to use Super Shuttle from LAX to San Pedro, now that they are no longer in service.  Wondering how quick and easy can you order an accessible taxi from LAX queue lineup to San Pedro.  My dad needs the wheelchair ramp taxi.  We have 2 cruises booked from San Pedro and San Francisco.  So any info will be great.  Also was told the Bart in SFO is wheelchair friendly from airport to Pier?  

Grace

BART is wheelchair friendly, but it doesn't go to the Pier. You would have to either transfer to a Muni Bus or walk a little over a mile from the Embarcadero BART Station to the Pier. I'm not familiar with how long it takes to get an accessible taxi at the airport.

Probably more expensive, but does Princess offer any transfers from the airport to the pier?

You can try contacting one of the taxi companies ahead of time to see if they have accessible vehicles:

Contact Information
Yellow Taxi: (415) 626-2345
Luxor Cab: (415) 282-4141

Town Taxi: (415) 546-1888

DeSoto: (415) 970-1303