vaccine required?

delliemd

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Elevators?  Water shuttles? And how is dining no trouble?  Are they going to replace all the 6- and 8-tops with 2- and 4-tops?  What about the pedestals which might not be movable? 50-60% capacity means that everyone should be able to see the shows if all the seats can be filled, but not if there will be any blocked seats. 

100% of the ship, even at it max capacity goes to the shows.  My wife and I rarely go to them.  So if the ship is at 50% capacity, it'll work.  As for the dining room, it may be a little ore difficult, but not insurmountable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K.T.B. said:

100% of the ship, even at it max capacity goes to the shows.  My wife and I rarely go to them.  So if the ship is at 50% capacity, it'll work.  As for the dining room, it may be a little ore difficult, but not insurmountable.

I would also think that groups that register together (i.e. let's say our kids and their spouses) would be able to sit together, so 8 tops in the dining room are still part of the equation.  I think if everyone is vaccinated then the social distancing rules of engagement should be less restrictive.

Social distancing for Covid19 on a cruise ship is a pipe dream.  Cant be done.  Cruising may continue or not, but thinking 50% capacity would help, like what some restaurants are doing, on a 7 day+ enclosed shared space ship, with shared vents, people eating and drinkin, etc. is impossible.  Took first flight last week and the rampant mask non compliance and other behaviors we saw at airports, on planes, restaurants, for even a few hours, suggests any safeguards will be hopeless. A 1 hour flight and people cant keep from stuffing their face and pulling mask on and off right next to someone.

Covid isnt cooties.  It is shared air that matters, not distances.  1 foot or 20 feet, it matters how many people breathed in a space, for how long, and how often air recirculates through with fresh air or is filtered.  Also, did someone wipe their nose then grab a railing you just used.  Cruise ships as designed just wont be safe from spreading Covid, especially the new more contagious varients.  Gotta keep it off the ship or mitigated in impact to begin with via 100% vaccine. Mask compliance while helpful for brief contacts like a single restaurant meal or grocery shopping, wont matter on a ship.  My opinion from the research we have done.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

I would also think that groups that register together (i.e. let's say our kids and their spouses) would be able to sit together, so 8 tops in the dining room are still part of the equation.  I think if everyone is vaccinated then the social distancing rules of engagement should be less restrictive.

If everyone is vaccinated, the distancing rules should be nonexistent.  

The "crowdedness" of cruise ships has perplexed me since I first stepped foot on one.  With every cruise, I'm left wondering where all of the people are at any given time of day (theatre and dinner times being the exceptions).  The pool deck seems to be a busy place, but surely not where everyone is, and we don't lounge there.   Maybe it's how we spend our time?  We'll grab a light breakfast and sit outside.   We're always one of the first to grab lunch, so maybe before crowds?  Various lounges are often far from what I would consider crowded.   

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Social distancing for Covid19 on a cruise ship is a pipe dream.  Cant be done.  Cruising may continue or not, but thinking 50% capacity would help, like what some restaurants are doing, on a 7 day+ enclosed shared space ship, with shared vents, people eating and drinkin, etc. is impossible.  Took first flight last week and the rampant mask non compliance and other behaviors we saw at airports, on planes, restaurants, for even a few hours, suggests any safeguards will be hopeless. A 1 hour flight and people cant keep from stuffing their face and pulling mask on and off right next to someone.

Covid isnt cooties.  It is shared air that matters, not distances.  1 foot or 20 feet, it matters how many people breathed in a space, for how long, and how often air recirculates through with fresh air or is filtered.  Also, did someone wipe their nose then grab a railing you just used.  Cruise ships as designed just wont be safe from spreading Covid, especially the new more contagious varients.  Gotta keep it off the ship or mitigated in impact to begin with via 100% vaccine. Mask compliance while helpful for brief contacts like a single restaurant meal or grocery shopping, wont matter on a ship.  My opinion from the research we have done.

Perhaps best if you stay at home for another year or so.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

so, you are finished cruising, right ? - what about a cruise where you and yours are fully vac'd, but other may or not be ?  what about a full vac'd all passengers, all crew ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, D C said:

If everyone is vaccinated, the distancing rules should be nonexistent.  

The "crowdedness" of cruise ships has perplexed me since I first stepped foot on one.  With every cruise, I'm left wondering where all of the people are at any given time of day (theatre and dinner times being the exceptions).  The pool deck seems to be a busy place, but surely not where everyone is, and we don't lounge there.   Maybe it's how we spend our time?  We'll grab a light breakfast and sit outside.   We're always one of the first to grab lunch, so maybe before crowds?  Various lounges are often far from what I would consider crowded.   

You are correct...I said less restrictive but in reality it should be non-existent.  I too have wondered sometimes where those 3600 passengers are when I'm wondering around the ship.  Except waiting to be seated for dinner...or going to a show...not often do I feel like there are many people cruising with us.  Either way, if everyone is vaccinated (including the crew) then it should execute as normal.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

There is a big article on CNN today that cleaning is mostly for show. You can only get the virus by the droplets which Fauci has said all along. 

I was looking at a cruise on RCCL yesterday for the same time period as I have the Princess booked since they are saying nothing. It clearly states that all passengers must be vaccinated. So that means NCL and RCCL has said it so why is Princess fiddling around?

My question is since Pifzer said it might and the key word is might only last 6 months before a booster is needed for those vaccinated in the early part of this year does that open up another can of worms for those traveling in November and December?

Kathy

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

the virus .... what about 'the noro'

I didn;t write the article CNN did ask them. They are talking about Covid 19 I suggest before you comment you read it

Kathy

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

you ... you ... 

this isn't personal , 

a post was made, I commented on a post that I quoted for reference

nothing more, nothing less

That is totally cool. However some people on CC like to say things without knowing or reading what a person was referring to and we all know that..........lol

Kathy

17 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

My question is since Pifzer said it might and the key word is might only last 6 months before a booster is needed for those vaccinated in the early part of this year does that open up another can of worms for those traveling in November and December?

Kathy

Since the Pfizer vaccine has only been around for six months that's all the data they have and better put, their recent study (which is continuing) shows it does last six months and as time goes on we'll know more about it lasting longer. Good news was that a six months the decline in effectiveness was minimal.

31 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

There is a big article on CNN today that cleaning is mostly for show. You can only get the virus by the droplets which Fauci has said all along. 

That headline was click bait.  I did read the whole article and found these quotes in that CNN piece:

"Hill said the risk of transmission from touching a surface, while small, is elevated indoors.

"The virus dies "rapidly" on porous surfaces but can persist longer on hard, indoor surfaces. "

"Research also suggested that surface transmission was more likely in the first 24 hours after a person is infected, and that households where one person had Covid-19 did have lower transmission rates when the household cleaned and disinfected surfaces."

"So while keeping surfaces clean is not a waste of time, it's not the only way or even the most important way to reduce risks, the CDC said. It's updated its guidance for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in community settings in light of this transmission risk."

Disinfecting surfaces to prevent Covid often all for show, CDC advises - CNN

I give the CNN headline four Pinocchios.  Airborne droplets are not the only vector for Covid-19 infection.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Elevators?  Water shuttles? And how is dining no trouble?  Are they going to replace all the 6- and 8-tops with 2- and 4-tops?  What about the pedestals which might not be movable? 50-60% capacity means that everyone should be able to see the shows if all the seats can be filled, but not if there will be any blocked seats. 

I am not gong to reply to your remarks. Logic is all that is required. 

1 hour ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

You are correct...I said less restrictive but in reality it should be non-existent.  I too have wondered sometimes where those 3600 passengers are when I'm wondering around the ship.  Except waiting to be seated for dinner...or going to a show...not often do I feel like there are many people cruising with us.  Either way, if everyone is vaccinated (including the crew) then it should execute as normal.  

Totally agree. 3600 now will be 2000 or less.