Would Washington Listen ???

boscobeans

If seniors who have been fully vaccinated CAN NOW visit with their UNVACCINATED grand kids, will the C.D.C. give cruising the okay for the over 300 million adults who will be vaccinated by July ???

We are vaccinated and ready to go...

BY JULY many ports of call will also be opening as their numbers of vaccinated people grow....

Will thousands of Emails, Texts and Phone Calls directed at State and Federal offices AS WELL as the C.D.C. give someone a push towards examining the rules placed on the Cruise Industry.

The hundreds of thousands of Americans who have for years depended on the Cruise Industry to pay their mortgages and feed their kids are just looking to get back to work. 

We can take a cab to an airport, go through TSA and sit for hours in a departure lounge before being packed into an airplane for a few more hours with 200 strangers without so much as a Covid-19 test?           

Does this make any SCIENTIFIC sense ???  

Write, Text or Call lets see if we get some answers as to what science is behind banning cruises where all passengers and all crew members are vaccinated ??

• Like 1

I think the cruise industry deserves "their day in court".  The government, in essence, has deprived them of their freedom so it is time to push for some rationality.  I am predicting a dispensing of the current guidelines by May 1 to be replaced with if the ship crew and adults are vaccinated then they can sail

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I think the cruise industry deserves "their day in court".  The government, in essence, has deprived them of their freedom so it is time to push for some rationality.  I am predicting a dispensing of the current guidelines by May 1 to be replaced with if the ship crew and adults are vaccinated then they can sail

Look at Crystal..

Crystal to launch Bahamas cruises in July: Travel Weekly

• Like 1

The only problem with the Crystal sailing is it does not require a vaccine.  Just one unvaccinated person getting Covid on that sailing could be a major setback.  I think now the vaccinated to sail method is my first choice.  It serves me, it serves the cruise lines and it serves the public relations team.  The news organizations are hungry for reporting death and destruction on the seas, we can't give them fodder

With all respects this has really nothing to do with Crystal..

It is just the fact that people will spend hours and days arguing about vaccines, which vaccine, whether or not they will get vaccines, whether their kids will get vaccines or what ships or ports will do about passengers AND NOT simply Text, Email or Call those who are making the rules that restrict cruising.

What is their answer when they allow air travel NOW and they NOW allow VACCINATED persons to mingle with UNVACCINATED PEOPLE and ignore their own estimates of 300,000,000 vaccinated by July ?? 

If they get enough people asking for answers maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will take another look at the science or actually the non science behind their ban. 

I am not arguing with the science at all.  I just am looking at it from a public relations angle - and politicians and bureaucrats are terribly influenced by public relations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The only problem with the Crystal sailing is it does not require a vaccine.  Just one unvaccinated person getting Covid on that sailing could be a major setback.  I think now the vaccinated to sail method is my first choice.  It serves me, it serves the cruise lines and it serves the public relations team.  The news organizations are hungry for reporting death and destruction on the seas, we can't give them fodder

Under recently announced Crystal health and safety protocols, all guests will need to be vaccinated at least two weeks prior to departure.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mary229 said:

If  you still can get Covid after getting Vaccinated why bother? If there's only one unvaccinated person on board aren't they the only one at risk. And how would they get Covid on board if eveyone else has been vaccinated. 😎

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rjlzebra said:

If  you still can get Covid after getting Vaccinated why bother? If there's only one unvaccinated person on board aren't they the only one at risk. And how would they get Covid on board if eveyone else has been vaccinated. 😎

I am not going to argue science.  The true, peer reviewed studies are not completed and unpublished.  Making declarations doesn't make it true