Hotels in Seattle

If you look down the board, there are MANY discussions on hotels. Some common advisories mentioned here often: In cruising season, hotels in the downtown can be pretty expensive. HAL docks at Pier 91, which is a little ways from the downtown (about $15 Uber), and there aren't any hotels near Pier 91.

We have stayed at the Hilton Seattle a few times. Pretty nice hotel if you get a high floor with good views. But not cheap.

I have stayed at Seattle Hilton, Seattle Sheraton, and the Seattle Marriott.  (There was many years ago a Stouffer's Hotel that is now a Renaissance Seattle Hotel, I think.  But, I recall when I stayed there as well as the Seattle Hilton, it was quite a walk to get to Pike Place.  (Uphill;down hill))  The Marriott is a waterfront hotel that is a walk of reasonable distance to where there is an elevator to get one onto the street where Pike Place is located.  The Hop On/Hop Off bus stop is across the street from the Marriott.  

Of course, my experiences were pre-Covid, so things may have changed.  

bulldogcruisers,

20 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Might I make a suggestion, do your sightseeing before the cruise. When I did my cruise, I had intended on doing sightseeing afterwards, but ended up crashing.

I agree with the above poster.  And, that statement is based on my experience and I am in the same age group as you.  

• 2 months later...

When we went, we took advantage of the time difference between Seattle and home.

We didn't get to our hotel until around 4:00. Our first stop was to the Men's Wearhouse because I had rented a tux for the cruise. After returning to the hotel, we walked down to Pike Place Market (hopefully I got that right before the locals beat me up). We saw the flying fish, enjoyed a cinnamon roll from a bakery, and loved seeing all of the different stores. We walked by the original Starbucks. Had dinner a nice local restaurant before heading back to the hotel.

The next morning, we were up and alive super early due to time difference (we are on the East Coast). We had an early breakfast, checked out (having the hotel store our bags), and took a taxi to the Space Needle. At that hour, there were no lines. So we spent some time there, and then went next door to the Chihuli Museum.  Afterwards, we took the monorail back downtown and walked back to the hotel, got our luggage, and then a taxi to the port. 

We had intended to spend the day on return doing some site-seeing. I had rented a car (I'd been to Seattle previously on business and knew that hotels by the airport really weren't near anything) so we drove to our airport hotel, and they had a room ready. We ended up just crashing for the day. We had no desire to do any site-seeing. Looking back, I probably would have booked a late flight that day versus early the next AM.