How many would sign up to a cruise around the U.K., but ?

Rocky of London

I know we do not have all the answers to the questions regarding the protocol of sailing with covid restrictions ?

i just wondered if Cunard said for example the following........5 night voyages sailing from and returning to Southampton, around U.K waters, but not stopping. There will be a  few short cruises to test the water ( excuse the pun ) and this will help cruising re start.

I would guess that masks would have to be worn inside the ship until you sit down at a table to drink or eat, the waiters would have a mask on.

inside the Buffett, you would wear a mask and you would not serve yourself, a server would serve and have a mask, when you sit down you can remove your mask.

The theatre now that would be a logistical problem ......masks would have to be worn and every other row would not be used, you would have to start a seating process that leaves a minimum of 3 empty seats......so not sure if this would work, so they might close the theatre.

Other venues would have table gaps and masks worn until you sit down, servers would have masks.

I know a lot more would be required, but based on the above would you cruise ?🛳

i

1 hour ago, Rocky of London said:

I know we do not have all the answers to the questions regarding the protocol of sailing with covid restrictions ?

i just wondered if Cunard said for example the following........5 night voyages sailing from and returning to Southampton, around U.K waters, but not stopping. There will be a  few short cruises to test the water ( excuse the pun ) and this will help cruising re start.

I would guess that masks would have to be worn inside the ship until you sit down at a table to drink or eat, the waiters would have a mask on.

inside the Buffett, you would wear a mask and you would not serve yourself, a server would serve and have a mask, when you sit down you can remove your mask.

The theatre now that would be a logistical problem ......masks would have to be worn and every other row would not be used, you would have to start a seating process that leaves a minimum of 3 empty seats......so not sure if this would work, so they might close the theatre.

Other venues would have table gaps and masks worn until you sit down, servers would have masks.

I know a lot more would be required, but based on the above would you cruise ?🛳

i

We Now thats a good point.....MSC stop and take on passengers, as the ship cruises around.

That could be an idea for a British Isle cruise and stop at places like Falmouth and take on passengers and other ports from Britain, that would cut down on the mass boarding at Southampton?

plus all passengers and crew must be vaccinated?

Edited by Rocky of London
Spelling mistake

16 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

I would need to be sure other passengers and  crew were vaccinated 

Staff are not going to be vaccinated and do not think Cunard/P&O or Princess will demand that everyone has been vaccinated and dont think if approved vaccine passports will be available by then.

I agree, would not feel confident to sign up for this at the stage we are currently at in the UK. 

In know Singapore (Dream Cruises) have piloted short cruises for Singapore residents only. However they require passengers to have a Covid-19 rapid test in the terminal prior to boarding and to download the contact tracing device which links to the very effective Singapore government monitoring systems, with emergency drills for what to do if a passenger show symptoms. 

But will masks be required in UK after "June 21st end of roadmap".? The U.S CDC has no authority over ships in UK waters despite what they like to think so they could not enforce it on UK waters I don't think. And will there be any restrictions including on numbers after "June 21st end of roadmap"?. But of course their is the staff to think about and it would be too much like being in jail with masks et al.

19 hours ago, Chelsea1 said:

I agree, would not feel confident to sign up for this at the stage we are currently at in the UK. 

In know Singapore (Dream Cruises) have piloted short cruises for Singapore residents only. However they require passengers to have a Covid-19 rapid test in the terminal prior to boarding and to download the contact tracing device which links to the very effective Singapore government monitoring systems, with emergency drills for what to do if a passenger show symptoms. 

Have they actually started the cruises in Singapore, based on this protocol...you mentioned 

Yes Dream cruises have - 2/3 nights, no ports, round trip Singapore for residents only. I think they started in December. Believe Royal Caribbean are doing similar short cruises from Singapore, again residents only, on Quantum of the seas.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

But will masks be required in UK after "June 21st end of roadmap".? The U.S CDC has no authority over ships in UK waters despite what they like to think so they could not enforce it on UK waters I don't think. And will there be any restrictions including on numbers after "June 21st end of roadmap"?. But of course their is the staff to think about and it would be too much like being in jail with masks et al.

I don't know how the UK roadmap would affect the cruising industry, but I would expect the wearing of masks around any ship to be mandatory for the initial return to cruising and then be monitored over the coming months.

As a resident of the US, I would not be eligible.  But, my deal breaker is limited seating in dining and drinking venues that would result in waiting lines and resorting to eating and drinking isolated in one's stateroom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

but I would expect the wearing of masks around any ship to be mandatory for the initial return to cruising and then be monitored over the coming months

Or until at bare minimum staff have been vaccinated. A process which no line yet has a clear handle on how to do despite numerous discussions on the topic on these various threads.

7 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Of course I would go- AT ONCE- BUT as from Germany I am not welcome as of yet.

As would we, though as Americans not welcome yet.

I've read Germancruiser's posts about his recent cruises, and have followed several MSC cruises in the Med.  Limits on number of passengers, no crowding.  On a ship at sea: Sounds wonderful to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Or until at bare minimum staff have been vaccinated. A process which no line yet has a clear handle on how to do despite numerous discussions on the topic on these various threads.

Alternatively, the cruise companies might have a ' clear handle' on crew  vaccination rollouts but have chosen not to share their policies.

They are under no obligation to do so despite numerous discussions on the topic on various threads.

• Like 1

I'd sail if the price was right. I'd happily take a rapid test pre boarding and another after being onboard for 4-5 days. I wouldn't want mandatory mask wearing on board except perhaps while boarding & during muster. Happy to be served in the buffet and to have spaces in the theatre. (I've been vaccinated & will have had my second by then) 

4 hours ago, wenlyn said:

I wouldn't want mandatory mask wearing on board except perhaps while boarding & during muster

But not during disembarkation? Or tendering? Or excursion prep time?

Edited by ace2542