Avea Beach

TMW67

Has anyone been to Avea Beach when docked in Huahine? How in the world do you get there??🤔 In fact, how do you get anywhere, or do anything from this port, there's nothing there! Norwegian doesn't even offer excursions! Thanks in advance.

37 minutes ago, TMW67 said:

Has anyone been to Avea Beach when docked in Huahine? How in the world do you get there??🤔 In fact, how do you get anywhere, or do anything from this port, there's nothing there! Norwegian doesn't even offer excursions! Thanks in advance.

You rent a car ...  nice beach and there are a few decent places to eat.

@TMW67

You can't book Avis via the usual booking sites. Avis as on 6 months ago was operated through a private company in Fare. Email is comptasfn@mail.pf  They are located behind the market in Fare about 1000 feet from where the tender will dock. Whether they have survived COVID- I don't know.

There was also until 6 months ago a private sailing charter, Tahiti Sailing Charter Day Tours. Again not sure they survived but the day tour is wonderful- at the dock in Fare. About $100 for day, minimum 4, max 12. They don't provide lunch but direct you to pick it up at the market, again about 1000 feet from the dock. You can read about them on Tripadvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g309692-d1918508-Reviews-Tahiti_Sailing_Charter_Day_Tours-Huahine_Society_Islands.html

We like to rent a car and drive to the hotel Le Mahana about 20 miles from dock. There is a bridge from the main island to where it's located in Huahine Iti, The hotel has day packages and it's the best beach on Huahine for snorkeling. There is also Maitai Lapita Village hotel with a nice beach very close to the dock, under 2 miles so it's walkable.

Huahine is very picturesque and having a car is a great way to spend the day.

There's also Marc's Huahine Nautique a snorkel tour with pearl and vanilla farms and lunch. We didn't like too much- thought it was kind of hokey. But most people  LOVE it. They pick you up from the dock,Take a look at the reviews on TA.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g309692-d2475292-Reviews-Marc_s_Picnic_Island_Motu_Tour-Huahine_Society_Islands.html

Hope that your cruise is a go. Have a terrific time.

I've found the place behind the main store for car rental to not be a pleasant experience. Felt there was a bit of 'bait and switch'. A good alternative for car rental  ... she is charming and will bring the car to the tender drop off location. Her email is on the door 😉 This is what she brought us last time  ...

37.jpg

The beach at the MaiTaI  ... 15 minute walk from Fare.

7D.jpg

The MaiTai is a lovely boutique property that is pure Polynesian  ... a lovely little museum on the property of Polynesian culture.  One of my favorite places for picture taking. They also have a nice place to eat ...

_DSC1268.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

4 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

@Tahitianbigkahuna

Operations must have changed since you've rented a car behind the market TBK. Chloe is the lady now behind the market and yes she is a delight. I also had problems with the prior rental company but they are no longer running the show.

Good to know  ... Chloe is a class act ... she does what she says she will do. Yes it has been several years since the 'Avis' lady. She didn't want to honor the price I made through Avis. Glad to hear the good news.

Well TBK, we don't care if it's Ugly Duckling Rentacar at this point, 🤣 am I right? Just want to be there! Here's to us all getting off those those tenders in Fare and enjoying the heck out of our respective cruises.

You don't have long to wait at all now, do you? Very envious!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...