Vaccine requirement indication

Stu UK

10 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Nope, don't have one of those either. And neither does anyone else I know. (But then it is a PHE document) Not aware of any equivalent north of the border.

Other oddities I've noticed (at least locally) are that those getting the AZ don't get their second date straight away but two people that I know who got the Pfizer did. Also differences in whether you MUST wait 10-15 mins before leaving depending on which jab you get. I think drivers are all being told to wait.

Here in England I believe the second dose appointment is booked when the person books their first appointment  'online'. 

Both my wife and I were alerted by 'Text"  to book our appointments administered by our local GP.  They clearly then tell us that we will be notified similarly for the second dose and NOT to try booking by any other means. 

All most efficient, I even managed a selfie...

1844943784_LaurenandRichard.jpg.e85986e07e8cbcf5386ef163e3a65ded.jpg

5 hours ago, teabear said:

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/nhs-log-in/

You do need to go through a fairly robust registration process - all good in my view, pain in the tail though.  You can then access your medication records - if you want more indepth stuff - no idea what that means, your GP surgery has to grant you access - mine did about 15 minutes after I first logged in however from other posts on this topic it appears not all surgeries participate - that maybe something that will need to change if vaccination verification becomes the norm  - hope this helps

13 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

The Vaccination details are far more easily obtained using the NHS 'Patient Access' App on a smart phone  -  Bottom row, second left...

174374279_AppsoniPhone.thumb.jpg.9f0bd9e84f9760ad71826651c6cbcbf0.jpg

All most efficient and and as you will note from the 'screen times' very quickly found, I've pixelated part of the information in order to frustrate any fraudulent use. So there you have it. Assuming the efficiency continues I have my 'Qualification' to board, hopefully two cruises in October...

970170313_1stDoserecordonPatientAccessAppPixelated.thumb.jpg.4a3aa083e1338c85668c2ada72e11a94.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

The Vaccination details are far more easily obtained using the NHS 'Patient Access' App on a smart phone  -  Bottom row, second left...

174374279_AppsoniPhone.thumb.jpg.9f0bd9e84f9760ad71826651c6cbcbf0.jpg

Indeed, this APP has the facility to export the immunisation record to a PDF file which also includes the patient’s name, date of birth and NHS number. Something that the NHS Login version does not.

• Like 2

I booked my first and second dose online yesterday. My first shot is on Tuesday then the second in mid June.  This means I will be able to cruise in July, I just hope they replace the cancelled 28th July cruise with one leaving on the same date.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, North West Newbie said:

Indeed, this APP has the facility to export the immunisation record to a PDF file which also includes the patient’s name, date of birth and NHS number. Something that the NHS Login version does not.

Yes, another benefit I noticed and another reason not to shun modern technology. 

Both my wife and I have it and a couple of clicks on a Monday morning will result in a text on Wednesday to say one's 'repeat' prescription is ready for collection from one's nominated pharmacy.

• Like 1

Cunard are saying this -

For these voyages the definition of ‘vaccinated’ is a minimum of seven days following the second dose of the currently approved Covid-19 vaccines being administered. Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the Covid-19 vaccination policy. All other Cunard holidays on sale currently do not require guests to be vaccinated.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 11:05 AM, North West Newbie said:

My appointments were made online but I was given a Vaccination Card yesterday when I had the first jab. The card shows my name, the name of the vaccine, the batch number and the date it was given. There is also a further section to record the details of the second jab which is due to be given on 4 June.

Both me and my husband use the myGP app for appointments, repeat prescriptions etc. We've had our first jabs and it showed up on that app along with the annual flu jabs and previous innoculations like tetanus. I notice that it now has a popup saying "coming soon:my GP TICKet" which will show one's vaccination status. I'm sure there will be a number of options to show if you've been vaccinated.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

There is discussion in the US of green digital vaccination technology for worldwide recording of Covid vaccinations. I think that it is a great idea.

Personally I like to stay below the radar when it comes to my privacy. Way too many scammers and people with power complexes that could use this and other information that is solely mine to disperse as I see fit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lakesregion said:
16 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

There is discussion in the US of green digital vaccination technology for worldwide recording of Covid vaccinations. I think that it is a great idea.

Personally I like to stay below the radar when it comes to my privacy. Way too many scammers and people with power complexes that could use this and other information that is solely mine to disperse as I see fit.

Live free or die, eh? :)

President Biden has made a clear declaration that there will be no required proof of vaccination, but of course that doesn't preclude voluntary participation.

Or, private companies can be used as proxies for such a requirement.  One's life can rightly or wrongly be severely restricted by having them be the ones to require vaccination proof in order to use their services or to enter their premises. 

Guess Lakesregion does not have a drivers license, medical insurance card, passport or cell phone.   Your personal information is all over the WEB and is well know to the federal and state government.   I wouldn’t worry too much about having a record of a COVID vaccine out there, in fact they already know.   I had the vaccine administered at a state vaccination site.   One week later I went to my doctor and informed him I was vaccinated.   He said, no worry, it’s already on your medical records!   All the state had was my name, very common, and my birthdate.   They did, however, take my drivers license for a minute so from that they had access to everything.

The most sensible approach is to have passengers who have had either full two vaccine doses, or verified as having recovered from covid, or who have a recent negative pcr test, possibly the latter for everyone even if they are vaccinated.... that will cover just about all eventualities for trying to avoid a single passenger embarking and infecting large numbers on board, though the chance of new variants still getting into the ship would still be there.  If people cheat the system then they are risking causing illness, suffering and potentially death for other passengers - why would anyone wish to cheat and have that consequence, unless they are incredibly selfish, self-centred, and totally inconsiderate of other people.

1 hour ago, mcloaked said:

The most sensible approach is to have passengers who have had either full two vaccine doses, or verified as having recovered from covid, or who have a recent negative pcr test, possibly the latter for everyone even if they are vaccinated.... that will cover just about all eventualities for trying to avoid a single passenger embarking and infecting large numbers on board, though the chance of new variants still getting into the ship would still be there.  If people cheat the system then they are risking causing illness, suffering and potentially death for other passengers - why would anyone wish to cheat and have that consequence, unless they are incredibly selfish, self-centred, and totally inconsiderate of other people.

You forgot “Stupid”

• Haha 1