Navigator now confirmed in California

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I used to think this about LA, too, until we flew in and out of Long Beach last time.  Changed the whole dynamic of pre and post.

We also loved San Diego.  At the time we lived in Bakersfield, and took Amtrak to Los Angeles, had their lounge and transfer service, and on to SD, with the Amtrak station literally across the street (OK, 1.5 blocks across) from the port.  

I grew up flyng from SFO to LGB,  on PSA, in the late 60's to mid 70's. Love the airport lots of childhood memories. Also a pre cruise night on the Queen Mary was a plus when we used to cruise on CCL

With San Diego went to Boot Camp and Corp school back when the Gaslamp was strip club and Sailors😇

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I'm excited it will be San Pedro where Navigator will dock. It's where our RCI addiction started in the early 1990's. Only about an hour drive for us.

Im happy that any RCCL ship is home ported in Californa

Our first Royal cruise was the Radiance out of SAN

I  miss Zihaut on those longer cruises from San Diego

I posted this yesterday on another blog . . . 

Possible update -- Cruise Planner for my reservation on Navigator for 29 November - 3 December 2021 (**WAS FLL-Nassau - Coco Cay - FLL) now shows as "Cancelled" but with a new itinerary -- LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - CATALINA ISLAND, CALIFORNIA - ENSENADA, MEXICO) in the title box.  It tells me to contact my TA for more details -- but he hasn't been provided any yet.  Maybe Monday . . .

I fondly remember sailing on RCL out of San Pedro on 4 night cruises to Catalina on a converted car ferry back 40 years ago. Can't remember the name of the ship --------------------anyone?

Edited by cruzsnooze

21 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I fondly remember sailing on RCL out of San Pedro on 4 night cruises to Catalina on a converted car ferry back 40 years ago. Can't remember the name of the ship --------------------anyone?

4 hours ago, KJL53 said:

Viking Serenade 

Yes.....the RCI addiction starter for us (including our now adult kids) just after a couple of cruises on Azure of the Sea's.

I thought Viking Serenade was just amazing and took me into a new world of luxury cruising ..

Oh my how times have changed but the memories from those cruises will never be forgotten.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

It was a simpler time but the service was stupendous and was a completely different experience. There were no amusement park venues. 

Where in T.O. I'm your neighbor. 

Our addiction started in San Pedro sailing on the Song of America.

Never get tired of repeating our experience...

Table of 8.  Shared it with the most wonderful Brits...our friends still to this day.

Staff Captain joined us every night.  The rest of the seats were taken by rotating members of the entertainment staff.  The young (female) dancers who joined our table...took liquor shots with "no hands"...it was amazing. a[[rp

The Staff Captain had stories we can't repeat or is not appropriate for Cruise Critic.

We were spoiled...we had free wine every night and the service was beyond we've ever experienced...well, at least until we had dinner with the Captain. 😇

Viking Serenade, Song of America and Monarch were all a lot of fun out here. Viking Serenade really did have the most amazing food and service! :classic_biggrin:

We never made it on Mariner during it's short season. We did sail on Mariner out of Port Canaveral. It will be nice to have a newer and (amped) ship like Navigator. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

Royal ships that we sailed on from San Pedro:

Nordic Prince

Song of Norway

Song of America x2

Rhapsody of the Seas

Viking Serenade x2

Vision of the Seas x6

Mariner of the Seas

Plus the Radiance of the Seas from San Diego

We also had a Radiance of the Seas start in Ensenada.

14 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Was that a one way cruise to Honolulu?

We did that in May 2008. We checked in at the San Diego Convention Center and were bus down to Ensenada to board there due to PVSA restriction.

34 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Royal ships that we sailed on from San Pedro:

Nordic Prince

Song of Norway

Song of America x2

Rhapsody of the Seas

Viking Serenade x2

Vision of the Seas x6

Mariner of the Seas

Plus the Radiance of the Seas from San Diego

After seeing your list I looked up all my LA cruises.  14 on Royal on the Viking Serenade, Monarch, Vision, Mariner and Jewel.  2 on Celebrity on the Century and Eclipse.  Looking forward to regularly cruising on the West Coast again.

18 hours ago, robtulipe said:

Was that a one way cruise to Honolulu?

We did that in May 2008. We checked in at the San Diego Convention Center and were bus down to Ensenada to board there due to PVSA restriction.

I was on that cruise — that’s when a truck with 40 passengers’ luggage never made it to the ship.  They had to live in their boarding clothes for 5 days, until we got to Hawaii. We had boarded in Florida and came through the canal — we had special permission to stay onboard for the short ride down to SD, thank goodness!!  We were really flying!

First cruise was Viking Serenade, to celebrate our anniversary.

Edited by travelgoddess1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

Starting to see something, but can't book just yet.

Ship = Navigator, Port = Los Angeles

Shows months like there should be something but nothing appears.

1071330506_NVLAX.thumb.jpg.febb22eaae7c3bc26462bf7cec3c7356.jpg

TA’s can see them

Nov 19, 7 nighter 

other 7 night cruises are Dec 24 and 31

Jan 17

Mar 18

Mar 25

1710AF0B-C186-458C-9392-8F59550A9999.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

TA’s can see them

Nov 19, 7 nighter 

other 7 night cruises are Dec 24 and 31

Jan 17

Mar 18

Mar 25

1710AF0B-C186-458C-9392-8F59550A9999.jpeg

Is that Jan 17 2022 a 7 nighter and same itinerary as above ?