How are the Swans doing 2021

On 7/25/2021 at 2:07 PM, MicCanberra said:

Hope we can knock off the US in that game

On 7/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, NoWhiners said:

Right back atcha Mic 😉

There's hope--Sweden made us look really bad and the Kiwis scored more than they should have.

Go USA!

Well what a boring game both sides not wanting to lose so they just held possession in the back line with the occasional long ball hoping  a forward might get lucky. Both  through to the next stage anyway.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:49 PM, possum52 said:

Buddy charged with striking and given a one week sanction - he won't be able to play against the Bombers Saturday night at the Gabba unless the Swans appeal and win.

The charge was downgraded at the hearing. Buddy free to play.

On 7/27/2021 at 3:59 AM, MicCanberra said:

Well what a boring game both sides not wanting to lose so they just held possession in the back line with the occasional long ball hoping  a forward might get lucky. Both  through to the next stage anyway.

Completely agree, boring. Maybe they will meet again.

At the lake for our annual vacay, wifi ranges from non-existent to OK, so I can't get on as much as I want.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 4:39 PM, By The Bay said:

The charge was downgraded at the hearing. Buddy free to play.

I missed the whole episode. Glad Buddy is back. What do you all think--did he deserve to be charged??

In other news, our cruise to SA/Antarctica was canceled 2 days ago. Much sadness, 2nd year in a row now.

Go Swans!

X has cancelled the whole season here now, so we have another cruise gone, that is all eight ( not all with X)  of the cruises we had booked pre covid and now 3 that had been rebooked using credits. I am not so hopeful  for the next 3 either.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Swans vs Essendon on at 7.40 tonight our time (AEST).

All this weekends AFL games in Queensland have been postponed

Edited by Pean

All games in Queensland this weekend have been now rescheduled to Melbourne tomorrow. AFL got all teams on flights to Melbourne this afternoon.

Essendon v Swans MCG 3.30pm 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/655676/mega-sunday-is-here-postponed-matches-rescheduled-double-header-at-marvel

Edited by Cruisegroover

6 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

All games in Queensland this weekend have been now rescheduled to Melbourne tomorrow. AFL got all teams on flights to Melbourne this afternoon.

Essendon v Swans MCG 3.30pm 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/655676/mega-sunday-is-here-postponed-matches-rescheduled-double-header-at-marvel

The AFL use chartered Virgin flights for all teams playing interstate. Essendon v Swans is at 3.10pm according to the AFL app. Double header at Marvel - Melbourne v Suns 12.10pm and Giants v Port Power 6.10pm

This happened pretty fast, didn't it? Yesterday it seemed like all was still on. From what I read, I guess the teams were trying to beat some new restrictions on travel and the league was trying it's best to stay on track?

I sure hope all of you are OK.

Go Swans!

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

This happened pretty fast, didn't it? Yesterday it seemed like all was still on. From what I read, I guess the teams were trying to beat some new restrictions on travel and the league was trying it's best to stay on track?

I sure hope all of you are OK.

Go Swans!

Victoria banned travel from the 8 LGA's in SE QLD coming to VIC from 8PM last night. Hence, the rush to get out of QLD.

56 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Victoria banned travel from the 8 LGA's in SE QLD coming to VIC from 8PM last night. Hence, the rush to get out of QLD.

Sort of figured it was something like this.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, NoWhiners said:

Sort of figured it was something like this.

Thanks.

As soon as a state goes into lockdown, the other states, usually within hours close their borders to travellers from that state. I assume that the AFL had some idea that SE QLD would go into lockdown and quickly organised the 4 teams up there to fly to Victoria. Melbourne (Demons) had just flown into QLD that morning.