Queen Elizabeth cruises for UK residents

turnip eater

Sailings from Southampton from July 2021.

Dear ?, Cunard returns this summer with a collection of new itineraries on board Queen Elizabeth, exclusively for UK guests.

Sailing from July through to October, these voyages will range from three to 12 nights and will sail directly from Southampton and back. Choose the type of voyage that best suits you. Absorb the beauty of Britain’s ever-changing coastline with scenic sailings, explore sparkling cities on UK shores, or embark on the perfect summertime journey, spending seven nights at sea, sailing wherever the sun shines brightest.

These new voyages go on sale from 31 March

• Like 1

I just got that email too and noticed "explore sparkling cities on UK shores" which suggests, unlike P&O, that they are going into ports (or tendering). Will be interesting to see which.

more from the email:

As we look forward to sailing again, rest assured the well-being of our guests and crew couldn’t be more important to us. Given the advanced progress of the UK vaccination programme, and strong expressed preference on the part of our guests for this limited series of UK coastal cruises, these sailings on Queen Elizabeth will be for UK resident Covid-19 vaccinated guests only*. Please note that all other Cunard holidays on sale currently do not require guests to be vaccinated.

And on board, our enhanced health and well-being measures will ensure that even though some aspects of your voyage may initially feel a little different, you can still enjoy the holiday you’ve dreamed of.

For these voyages the definition of ‘vaccinated’ is a minimum of seven days following the second dose of the currently approved Covid-19 vaccines being administered. Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the Covid-19 vaccination policy. All other Cunard holidays on sale currently do not require guests to be vaccinated.

Edited by Ray66

58 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

BIL called regarding the schedules and asked if QE will enter international waters to allow Duty Free purchases.  Any ideas?

I stand to be corrected but my understanding is that a ship can only sell duty free if it is scheduled to visit at least one port on the itinerary that is outside the UK. I doubt sailing into international waters is sufficient by itself.

For all intents and purposes, QE will be undertaking domestic cruises and I expect duty and UK vat will be payable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, North West Newbie said:

I stand to be corrected but my understanding is that a ship can only sell duty free if it is scheduled to visit at least one port on the itinerary that is outside the UK. I doubt sailing into international waters is sufficient by itself.

For all intents and purposes, QE will be undertaking domestic cruises and I expect duty and UK vat will be payable.

My opinion, for whatever that’s worth, is the same.

Before Brexit, the cruise had to include a non-EU port to enable them to sell duty free. Merely sailing into international (non-EU) waters was not sufficient. 

So although the rules will have changed, if the principle is the same, I would expect the answer to be ‘No’. But in this case I’d love to be proved wrong.

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

BIL called regarding the schedules and asked if QE will enter international waters to allow Duty Free purchases.  Any ideas?

Not quite the same topic, but if I am right, there will a sales tax on items bought in the ships on board on UK only cruises.

2 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Not quite the same topic, but if I am right, there will a sales tax on items bought in the ships on board on UK only cruises.

My BIL reaction to these helpful posts was to declare the Duty Free will become just expensive ballast.

Have Cunard released the dates and prices for it’s U.K. cruises please? I cannot see them online and wondered if they emailed Cunard cruisers. It is my husband that receives the emails, although I do the bookings, and he can’t remember seeing one 🤷‍♀️.

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

To show your support for Cunard Ships and their crews, book big, go big, spend big, pay daily gratuities, tip big everywhere you can, and enjoy spreading joy.

Very nice if you can afford to do that but do not assume every one else is in that privileged position.

• Like 2

Has anyone contacted their TA to see if you can pre-register for these British Isles QE cruises?

I contacted mine earlier and they said you have to phone on the day ( March 31st) which sort of defeats the object really 

34 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Has anyone contacted their TA to see if you can pre-register for these British Isles QE cruises?

I contacted mine earlier and they said you have to phone on the day ( March 31st) which sort of defeats the object really 

34 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

They are not allowing pre registration and if it is similar to P&O/Princess you have to phone on the day and you cannot pick cabin number only a grade of cabin and the actual cabin will be allocated by Cunard.

26 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Pre registering for normal itineraries signals interest. It doesn’t guarantee any booking but it does give your agent the heads up for early reservations so your best bet is to tell your agent what booking you want so when booking goes live, he or she can get in there, fast.

If the berths are sold as guarantees, which sounds likely, make sure you’re happy with a cabin in any position of the grade booked.

My friends have revised their ideas accordingly.

Just got the email

Cunard’s Summer at Sea.
On sale from 10.00am, 31 March

we’re delighted to announce that Cunard will return to sea this summer with a collection of voyages exclusively for UK guests. Queen Elizabeth’s thirteen new itineraries, sailing roundtrip from Southampton, will deliver breath-taking scenic cruising around the British Isles and voyages that call ashore in much-loved UK cities.

Guests will also get the chance to enjoy uninterrupted sea days on board with three
7-night Sun Voyages, setting course for wherever the sun shines brightest each day.

Enjoy a Cunard holiday this summer, where each day brings untold possibilities or the exquisite freedom of doing nothing at all.

The British Isles, by Cunard.

Experience the escape you’ve been dreaming of this summer. These 3 -12 night sailings offer the chance to explore Britain’s shores without stopping, or choose a voyage that calls at a hand-picked selection of British towns and cities.

Savour the consecutive sea days against the backdrop of ever-changing scenery, or step ashore in the likes of Liverpool, Belfast, Greenock and Invergordon.

Leave Britain’s coast behind as you embark on a 7-night adventure at sea, sailing wherever the sun shines brightest.

Travelling roundtrip from Southampton, these wonderfully unscripted voyages offer uninterrupted sea days to relax on board Queen Elizabeth, as your Captain sets a course for wherever the weather is best each day.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise#{!tag=cruiseTag}cruiseId=Q119P,Q119Q,Q120P,Q120Q,Q122P,Q124P,Q125P,Q126P,Q127P,Q129Q,Q121P,Q123P,Q128R

Edited by Ray66
  • Like 1

I have found a website with all the prices and surprisingly some categories show as "waitlisted". Perhaps this is their planned way of reducing pax. All fares on the Cunard site now.

Also, these cruises seem

more expensive than P&O and Princess.

Edited by LadyL1
new info

24 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Take a look at the map for 30th July British Isles Scenic - Scottish Isles scenic cruising off the coast of Africa and in a straight line across land! 🙂

24 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Take a look at the map for 30th July British Isles Scenic - Scottish Isles scenic cruising off the coast of Africa and in a straight line across land! 🙂

25 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Ridiculous! I also noticed that. On the itineraries with port stops, passengers only  allowed ashore on ship’s excursions.

Solo passengers will be expected to dine independently and are also excluded from certain on board activities.

It certainly won’t suit me, as I cruise as a solo to meet new friends and join a large table for dinner. 

2 hours ago, tigernut said:

Ridiculous! I also noticed that. On the itineraries with port stops, passengers only  allowed ashore on ship’s excursions.

Solo passengers will be expected to dine independently and are also excluded from certain on board activities.

It certainly won’t suit me, as I cruise as a solo to meet new friends and join a large table for dinner. 

So I take it there will be no solo meetup onboard? So ergo no CC meetup, nor LGBT/Friends of Bill W meetup onboard? It also sounds the quizzes will not be up to much either if solo's are to be in a team alone? Will they offer the person intensive afternoon tea?

• Like 1

Here's what I'm seeing for QE's new itineraries on the Cunard UK website, especially for those outside the UK who may be interested in seeing what we will be missing.

19 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 4 Nights (Q119P) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising

23 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 3 Nights (Q119Q) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising

26 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 4 Nights (Q120P) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising

30 Jul 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 7 Nights (Q120Q) - Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising

6 Aug 2021: The Sun Voyages, 7 Nights (Q121P) - Sun Voyages around the British Isles

13 Aug 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising, 7 Nights (Q122P) - Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising

20 Aug 2021: The Sun Voyages, 7 Nights (Q123P) - Sun Voyages around the British Isles

27 Aug 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising And Liverpool, 7 Nights (Q124P) - Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising, Liverpool

3 Sep 2021: The British Isles, 7 Nights (Q125P) - Greenock, Liverpool, Holyhead

10 Sep 2021: The British Isles, Scenic Cruising And Liverpool, 4 Nights (Q126P) - South Cornwall Scenic Cruising, Liverpool

14 Sep 2021: The British Isles, 10 Nights (Q127P) - Invergordon, Liverpool, Belfast, Greenock, Holyhead

24 Sep 2021: The Sun Voyages, 7 Nights (Q128R) - Sun Voyages around the British Isles

1 Oct 2021: The British Isles, 12 Nights (Q129Q) - Newcastle, Invergordon, Belfast, Liverpool, Holyhead

What I'm not seeing yet is a QE voyage departing Southampton 13 Oct 2021 for Barcelona to link up with the scheduled 18 Oct 2021 departure (Q132P) from Barcelona to Singapore.

It's also interesting to see the calls to Holyhead. On the "Where in the World?" thread it took some investigating to determine when/where a Cunard ship had ever called at a port in Wales.

Edited by bluemarble

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So I take it there will be no solo meetup onboard? So ergo no CC meetup, nor LGBT/Friends of Bill W meetup onboard? It also sounds the quizzes will not be up to much either if solo's are to be in a team alone? Will they offer the person intensive afternoon tea?

Was on the phone with Cunard earlier today sorting out my missing FCC = again = and spoke with the young lady about these cruises - nothing was said about singles being restricted from certain activities -I expect to have to dine alone - not thrilled as I too greatly enjoy meeting new people on cruises but definitely want to know what else I am to be restricted from before I book next week?????

• Like 1