There are deals out there...

doug52

I started looking at Windstar versus Paul Gauguin to do a Society Island and Tuamotu cruise.  And, what led me to Windstar was their price and the fact that they had just completed the major renovation of the Star Breeze.  So, when I called my TA, she quoted me a price based on a promotion  they were doing with Windstar. So, I thought I would share what I got versus the price shown on Windstar's website:

Windstar 10/17/21 11 day Society Island and Tuamotu

S1 ocean view cabin

$4,299 plus 133 tax =  $4,432 per person

and there is a perk offered currently by Windstar

Our TA price

S1 ocean view cabin

$3,032 including port tax 

$410 rebate from TA, no perk available from Windstar with this promo

And, only a  $290 down payment.

This was too good a deal to pass up, and thousands less than a comparable PG cruise. So,  it pays to shop around.  As you probably know, I am not allowed to share the TA name, but  it pays to shop around. 

Good luck,

Doug

This is our first time to book on Windstar and I 'm not sure how to go about finding a good TA that books for Windstar.  It sounds like you got great pricing on your 11/21 cruise.  We are looking at the same time period and some of the TA's that I have used in the past do not book Windstar.  Any suggestions on how I can find a reputable  TA to book Windstar?

You are assuming this cruise will even sail. I have my doubts.

I see the same deal.. This is the Star Breeze, not the Wind Spirit sailing ship.

An entirely different experience.

Edited by susiesan

Yes, as I said in my initial post, this is the Star Breeze.  We are reluctant to sail on the Sailing ships due to cabin size and my Wife's feeling her sea sickness will be worse in open waters. And one of my initial points was that I was comparing Paul Gauguin to Star breeze, two similar size cruise ships, not sailing ships.

And, of course this is based on the cruise sailing, I have my doubts as well.  But that doesn't mean I put my head in the sand and just wait this out.  We have our vaccines and are ready to cruise if this one goes.  And if it does, this is a great price, which was the only point I was making.

There are countless posts about whether any cruise will go this year, but that was not the thrust of this thread.

So let's stay on topic, thanks.

Doug