Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

42 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I have done a quote for All Clear and for us for annual multi trip policy it is very expensive compared to others.

Our annual Medical multi trip, Worldwide and cruise insurance 10 weeks after my heart attack was £650.

I was waiting for a confirmed diagnosis for an eye condition so Stay Sure wouldn't insure us and why we took the All clear cover for our Azura March 2020 TA plus 3 other holidays which were cancelled.

Did you find a good insurance at a reasonable price Tom?.

Edited by grapau27

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our annual Medical multi trip, Worldwide and cruise insurance 10 weeks after my heart attack was £650.

I was waiting for a confirmed diagnosis for an eye condition so Stay Sure wouldn't insure us and why we took the All clear cover for our Azura March 2020 TA plus 3 other holidays which were cancelled.

Did you find a good insurance at a reasonable price Tom?.

Staysure, Avanti and Free Spirit are all way cheaper than All Clear with the quotes for us and Staysure /Avanti offer 15 months for price of 12 months but of course it could be different for everyone's personal circumstances. I havent decided yet which to take I have got to enquire about cancelling my current annual insurance  policy with LV. It expires on 11th Sept and unfortunately we are thinking about doing a Princess Seacation on 9th Sept so current policy wont cover us as it expires half way through so that is why we are looking now for a new policy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Staysure, Avanti and Free Spirit are all way cheaper than All Clear with the quotes for us and Staysure /Avanti offer 15 months for price of 12 months but of course it could be different for everyone's personal circumstances. I havent decided yet which to take I have got to enquire about cancelling my current annual insurance  policy with LV. It expires on 11th Sept and unfortunately we are thinking about doing a Princess Seacation on 9th Sept so current policy wont cover us as it expires half way through so that is why we are looking now for a new policy.

Might it be worth looking at a single trip insurance for the Princess staycation and getting a refund on your current insurance?

Graham 

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Might it be worth looking at a single trip insurance for the Princess staycation and getting a refund on your current insurance?

Graham 

No because we have got a cruise booked on QV in November if it hopefully goes ahead

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

No because we have got a cruise booked on QV in November if it hopefully goes ahead

I hope your QV cruise goes ahead and good luck with the insurance.

All clear gave us 3 month's extra free so ours expires in May but all 4 of our holidays were cancelled and we got got our money back ourselves so the insurance was an expensive mistake for us last year.

I will look at Staysure when I next book a cruise hopefully this year on P&O or Princess.

We have 2× 2022 and 1×2023 cruises booked with RC.

Graham.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope your QV cruise goes ahead and good luck with the insurance.

All clear gave us 3 month's extra free so ours expires in May but all 4 of our holidays were cancelled and we got got our money back ourselves so the insurance was an expensive mistake for us last year.

I will look at Staysure when I next book a cruise hopefully this year on P&O or Princess.

We have 2× 2022 and 1×2023 cruises booked with RC.

Graham.

I hope our cruise on QV goes ahead we booked it onboard in Nov 2019 so they gave us $800 OBC. Then after the fiasco of our refund last year on QM2 in May where they refunded me twice and then when I told them and returned one amount by cheque it was never cashed by Cunard and dragged on for months and they gave me $400 as compensation applied to that booking so with that all added and original $320 OBC with booking plus my shareholder benefit we will have nearly $1800 obc.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I hope our cruise on QV goes ahead we booked it onboard in Nov 2019 so they gave us $800 OBC. Then after the fiasco of our refund last year on QM2 in May where they refunded me twice and then when I told them and returned one amount by cheque it was never cashed by Cunard and dragged on for months and they gave me $400 as compensation applied to that booking so with that all added and original $320 OBC with booking plus my shareholder benefit we will have nearly $1800 obc.

Wow that is fantastic.

The latest advice against booking cruises from the FCDO has remained unchanged.  Does this mean that any bookings made for summer cruises won’t be covered?  P&O have specifically mentioned that everyone making a booking needs to have their own personal insurance.  
Travelling against the advice of the FCDO seems to be contradictory.   Is this advice about to change for the latest cruises with only UK passengers.   Anyone about to book tomorrow would be well advised to check with insurers first. 

I had a "conversation " with a Stay sure rep on online chat a few weeks ago (and did a screenshot of the replies) and she said that a new policy WOULD  be valid if you book now,even with the no travel rules and then travelled when advised by FO it was ok but obviously if you travelled against FO policy then the insurance would be null and void. I would understand insurance companies might vary, so best check beforehand with your own. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well there wouldn't be any change as the country is in lockdown.  That advice won't change until 17th May!

Since people are booking from tomorrow, it would be helpful if the FCO travel advice had something that indicated these type of cruises would be permitted, subject to the roadmap criteria.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

From 17th May, you are permitted to dine at a restaurant indoors and stay in hotels, therefore, you must be able to stay on a cruise ship in the UK.  I imagine the advice will change as of that date.

I would hope so, but because of the confusion around travel insurance validity, then it would seem sensible to announce this on the FCO travel site now.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

From 17th May, you are permitted to dine at a restaurant indoors and stay in hotels, therefore, you must be able to stay on a cruise ship in the UK.  I imagine the advice will change as of that date.

Step 3 as it currently stands, 17th May; rule of 30 outdoors and rule 6 indoors probably precludes this!

14 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Step 3 as it currently stands, 17th May; rule of 30 outdoors and rule 6 indoors probably precludes this!

As has been explained before, that limit is for ONE group of people. Do you think pubs are going to open on 17th May with a maximum of one table of 6 inside? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

The 17 May date is a “no earlier than” date and could be later if the virus gets worse.

Brian

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BrianI said:

The 17 May date is a “no earlier than” date and could be later if the virus gets worse.

Brian

That is why it is sensible if booking a seacation cruise to book it in July, August or September.

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Well there wouldn't be any change as the country is in lockdown.  That advice won't change until 17th May!

.. agree but many will want to book as early as possible and take the risk that foreign office advice will change for these short UK vaccinated passenger only cruises.  Right now it remains unchanged and advices against cruise travel.  We wouldn’t be covered by our annual insurance right now. 

36 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

.. agree but many will want to book as early as possible and take the risk that foreign office advice will change for these short UK vaccinated passenger only cruises.  Right now it remains unchanged and advices against cruise travel.  We wouldn’t be covered by our annual insurance right now. 

You don't need to be covered right now though, as you're not going right now? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

As has been explained before, that limit is for ONE group of people. Do you think pubs are going to open on 17th May with a maximum of one table of 6 inside? 

Your interpretation, is not an explanation, and in MHA its a misleading statement, also I have no interest in how pubs or other establishments might interpret the road map. It currently states that it will be illegal to meet in groups over 30 outdoors and more then 6 people indoors from two different households under the step 3 road map.

10 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Your interpretation, is not an explanation, and in MHA its a misleading statement, also I have no interest in how pubs or other establishments might interpret the road map. It currently states that it will be illegal to meet in groups over 30 outdoors and more then 6 people indoors from two different households under the step 3 road map.

How can it be misleading when it means 6 people indoors from 2 households per group and any other group must social distance. Cinemas or pubs will not be worth opening if they can only have 6 people inside at any one time would not be financially viable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

How can it be misleading when it means 6 people indoors from 2 households per group and any other group must social distance. Cinemas or pubs will not be worth opening if they can only have 6 people inside at any one time would not be financially viable.

For want of doubt, taken direct from the road map

Step 3 says: The Government will lift most legal restrictions on meeting others outdoors,but gatherings of more then 30 people outdoors will remain illegal, indoors people will be able to meet in a group of 6,or with one other household,though it may be possible to go further then this at step 3 depending on the data.People will be asked to follow guidance on how to meet safely,for example by minimising the size of gatherings and meeting outdoors if possible.

2 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

For want of doubt, taken direct from the road map

Step 3 says: The Government will lift most legal restrictions on meeting others outdoors,but gatherings of more then 30 people outdoors will remain illegal, indoors people will be able to meet in a group of 6,or with one other household,though it may be possible to go further then this at step 3 depending on the data.People will be asked to follow guidance on how to meet safely,for example by minimising the size of gatherings and meeting outdoors if possible.

So, if you go to your local park, you're not allowed in if there are already more than 30 people there? 🤣

• Haha 2