Website now has a list of reduced solo supplement cruises

new_cruiser

Finally they have added a list of cruises with reduced solo supplement to the website:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/reduced-single-supplement/

Also, it is currently a pretty long list including something for each region. Unfortunately, they don't have price per category on-line but they do show the starting price for each cruise.

• Like 2

Contemplating my first solo on a Windstar out of St. Maarten this summer.  I know cruising will be different than it once was but I'm curious......can anyone comment on their solo experience on Windstar?  Thanks for anything you can offer.

• Like 1

I  did my first cruise with Windstar as a solo in December 2018 and really enjoyed the whole experience especially being on a smaller ship and getting to the small places that regular cruise ships do not visit.  Will admit did not interact with most passengers as they were coupled  up but that never affects my experience. The crew treated me great and no issues with being solo. Was on Wind Surf and  a great experience as ship was beautiful and a whole new experience for me.  I will also mention you might want to check Star Clippers as they offer no solo supplement to Caribbean as matter of course. I have been on 4 of their cruises and I enjoyed each.  Either one will give you a wonderful experience and if  you can sail either one with no supplement I believe you will enjoy as much as I have.

I enjoyed the solo experience on Windstar. There weren't very many other solos but I find people on Windstar to be very welcoming and had no issues with socializing with couples. 

When going in to dinner, the Maitre d' will ask each party (single or couple) if you prefer a table to yourselves or sharing. When traveling with my husband, we almost always opt for sharing and when I traveled alone I opt for sharing. Enough others want to share that our shared table has always been populated reasonably quickly.  That gives a chance to get familiar with other passengers. 

I haven't noticed any difference in treatment by the crew when traveling solo vs when traveling with my husband. Either way they have been great. 

The smaller ship means that you run into the same people frequently - in the Yacht Club, at breakfast, for trivia if there is a sea day, etc. Since the ship stops in smaller ports, it's fairly common to see shipmates in port as well. I felt that I was in a friendly environment. 

My experience on Star Clippers was also good. I have a slight preference for Wind Star, but with the right itinerary, dates and pricing, would go solo on either. 

Note: reduced solo supplement has been very rare on Windstar until recently. It is possible that the cruises with reduced solo supplement will have more solo travelers on them than typical Windstar passenger mix. My one Star Clipper cruise was a no-solo supplement sailing and it seemed like more than half the cabins were solo cruisers. 

• 2 weeks later...