Unknown Mystery Passenger Ships

I have  3 photos of passenger ships (2 are of the same ship) of which I have no idea or clue as to what line they belong to or their names. The postcards are unnamed on the back, nothing written on the back except where you put the stamp. The front of these postcards are unnamed, and the postcard is unique are the back is paper but the photo is almost chromatic metal as it shines in the light with a silvery chrome shine. I hope someone will be able to identify these using the photos provided. The funnel photo is a zoom of the bridge and funnels on the chromatic one. The metallic chromatic one is the one with the yellowish blueish green funnels. Also nothing on the back to say who or where these postcards were printed, which doesn't help sadly.

DSCF3650.JPG

DSCF3661.JPG

DSCF3664.JPG

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Interesting!  Could the color on the funnels be a clue?

The third picture seems to be a much smaller ship.  Might it be a Great Lakes ship, or similar?

I don't think it's a *Great Lakes*, it says *Printed In Britain* on the area where the stamp goes, so this might be a small British steamer. There is a message on the back but it is extremely useless on information lol. Message: "This is the ship I went on". as can see the writer gave 0 info which wasn't helpful 

Edited by norboy76
updated info

6 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Based on the ship's livery, I suspect the first ship belongs to Canadian Northern Steamships and could be the SS Royal Edward.

this was a tricky postcard to photo as the back is paper, but the front is sorta metallic as it has a silvery chrome shine when held in the light. was a nightmare to photograph.

2 hours ago, norboy76 said:

this was a tricky postcard to photo as the back is paper, but the front is sorta metallic as it has a silvery chrome shine when held in the light. was a nightmare to photograph.

it does match a photo I found of the Royal George, the funnel vents on the Edward don't match, but the George does (see attached photo)

george.jpg

Edited by norboy76

5 hours ago, norboy76 said:

it does match a photo I found of the Royal George, the funnel vents on the Edward don't match, but the George does (see attached photo)

george.jpg

The Cunard RMS Royal George it is!  I noticed the Lewelyn davits...definitely turn of the century.  RMS Royal George was built in 1907.  The picture at the top of this page indicates some damage to the bow section of the ship behind the forecastle.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

But, the funnel colors.  Did Cunard change the colors?  It appears to me that they did.  

You have to remember that those post cards were colored by hand.  A lot of times they were not accurate...and the reproductions were even less so.  If you look closely you can see the hint of the Guards red mixed with buttermilk that has always been the Cunard paint color for their funnels topped with black.