Good times ahead- perhaps.

Petoonya

Been accused of being a Pollyanna most of my life, but the times call for some serious gushing about everyone's good prospects for cruising and travel- seeing friends and family, and GRANDKIDS! Most have us have been through at least one cruise cancellation, many of us a lot more. I wouldn't trade any of the excitement and anticipation over cruises that were cancelled, for having nothing to dream about. The disappointment has been a decent trade off for the hopeful feelings and wind beneath wings. So darn fortunate to be able to cruise in the first place.

And now some of us may be cruising this summer and fall, to Europe and So. Pacific and more.Throwing some salt over my shoulder writing this. Science wrought what feels like a miracle and is giving us our freedom back. Shouting out a premature (perhaps) hooray! and another cheer for Host Jazzbeau for keeping this board together and for his wise words. We don't know what lies ahead but it's sure looking good at the moment 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Petoonya - I so agree with you.  While I hated to lose our 4 Windstar cruises during this time, the experience of having them booked and to plan for gave us something positive to hope for.  We recently lost our June cruise, but just booked for the Caribbean in March and Europe next summer!  Cannot wait to board a ship again and get back on the ocean!  Reading this board and knowing there are others who feel strongly about cruising (especially on Windstar) has been something I always look forward to!

Pam

• Like 1

I will chime in.  We really look forward to hopefully South Pacific this year on the virtually new Breeze  and follow up on the Breeze in '22 to Alaska.  Love having this small luxury ship at least part of the time on the left coast.

And, my apologies to Jazzbeau on my previous post.  I had to go back and read the forum rules to see that I had encouraged emails that was improper.  It had been too long since I had read them.  

Will not happen again.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel too. My husband and I are booked on a cruise in October - a similar itinerary to our canceled Greece, Israel and Egypt May 2021 cruise. We are thinking of switching to the cruise collector that adds an Athens to Barcelona itinerary. 

Also, I'm leaning toward booking a 23-day cruise for March 2022 - reduced solo-supplement on an Atlantic crossing followed by a stops in the Canary Islands and Casablanca. 

On 3/21/2021 at 4:48 PM, new_cruiser said:

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel too. My husband and I are booked on a cruise in October - a similar itinerary to our canceled Greece, Israel and Egypt May 2021 cruise. We are thinking of switching to the cruise collector that adds an Athens to Barcelona itinerary. 

Also, I'm leaning toward booking a 23-day cruise for March 2022 - reduced solo-supplement on an Atlantic crossing followed by a stops in the Canary Islands and Casablanca. 

Well, we did it. We have switched to the 18-day Cruise Collector instead of just doing the 10-day cruise that starts it. For the first time in a year, I feel that I have a cruise booked that is likely to actually sail. (Edited to clarify - we had the first part of the cruise booked since the May one was cancelled, but at that point I didn't feel as confident about it sailing because the vaccination program was just starting and going so slowly).  

I've also booked solo on the crossing (my husband has no interest in doing an ocean crossing). 

It all makes me very happy (with a little background tinge of worry that something throws a spanner in travel getting back to normal).

Edited by new_cruiser
  • Like 1