Live From American Countess; Q&A with John Waggoner: What do YOU want to know?

cjanansky

Hi cruisers!

Cruise Critic is onboard American Countess for its inaugural sailing this week, and we want to know: What do YOU want to know?

In an exclusive video interview with AQSC CEO and Founder John Waggoner on Wednesday, we'll ask & answer your questions. So please submit them here by EOD Tuesday, March 23rd, and stay tuned for the video early next week 🙂

Christina Janansky

Visual Editor, Cruise Critic

My family will be on the American Countess on April 4th.

What will the passenger capacity be on these sailings?

Will there be more round trip sailings? They are just easier when it comes to transportation prior to, and after, the cruise.

I'm confused by the statement in your advertising that says "Open Bars and Lounges Throughout the Boat"

Your Terms and conditions say:

NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR FARE
• Port charges
• Airfare to and from your home city
• Alcoholic beverages
• Optional premium shore excursions
• Unlimited Beverage Package
• Discretionary gratuities to vessel crew and tour operators
• Travel Protection Plan
• Transfer to and from the airport

Can you explain exactly what's included?

First, a big thank you to Mr. Waggoner for  saving the riverboats and for having the best experience on the rivers. The boats and the crew are absolutely amazing. As I look forward to coming onboard again, the pre-cruise documents raised a few questions for me

- the documents mention the Hop On, Hop Off will be different to create a safe bubble, I would be interested to learn more about how the Hop On Hop Off will be different, do you stay in the same group for our time in port?

- it also mentions “port exploration outside of our preplanned excursions is not recommended,” and contact tracing will need to be completed when we return. One of the best parts of a river cruise is exploring the small towns and visiting the shops. Do the cities we visit know that we are not being encouraged to explore on our own? If we do explore, do we need to collect the names of people we encounter?  And will this change after July 1st?

- will the American Queen be able to sail this year if the CDC does not change the no more than 250 capacity requirement?

- I know you are using a very high quality  COVID screening test, but have there been any false positives? It’s a bit scary that there are no second chances and your cruise rests on the results of one test.

- how is the crew feeling about having the vaccine required? I think it’s great you went in this direction but I know people who flat out refuse to get the vaccine.

- with all the new boats on the river, any difficulties in finding crew, especially deck hands and pilots?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...