What is your new expected return date to cruising?

SelectSys

When do you expect to take your first cruise?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. When do you expect to take your first cruise?

• Q1 2021 - for those who have already gone!
    • Q2 2021
    • Q3 2021
    • Q4 2021
    • Q1 2022
    • Q2 2022
    • Q3 2022
    • Q4 2022
    • Q1-Q2 2023
    • Q3-Q4 2023
    • 2024-2025+
    • never

15 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

This opens up a whole new area of inquiry.  The original premise: to not eat anything/anyone capable of beating you at chess is a given.  Then, by extension, to not eat anything/anyone with significant intelligence. 

Where it gets difficult is establishing the relative levels of intelligence which should trigger such abstinence.  There are many people who are sufficiently smarter than a salami - who may reasonably consume salami.  But what about those who are not clearly brighter?  What we are looking at, of course, is the stupider someone is, the more restrictive his diet should be... which must give some comfort to turnips.

That could get us in the Darwin Awards, couldn't it?

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Too funny (we need humor in this COVID era) :).  My favorite caviar (which I cannot afford) is Ossetra.  I believe what is served on Seabourn is a domestic Caviar and I find it quite nice.  It has some similarities to Ossetra.  I have been told that is comes from sturgeon that is farmed in California and hence is sustainable.  But my info could be wrong so we can leave that to the Seabourn experts (I am still a Seabourn newbie).

Hank

AFAIK ALL caviar now is farmed now. The place we buy from has Ossetra. Is this a bad price?

https://caviar.com/collections/sustainable-caviar/products/osetra

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Can you name some sparkling wines which tastes as good as most Champagnes? (Not all Champagnes are excellent but most of them.)

Our favorite house is Gosset. If we shall buy something cheap we enjoy Andre Clouet and Palmer.

https://www.saveur.com/story/drink/best-sparkling-wines-under-50-dollars/

I love cremants but can't remember which without seeing the bottle. It's clear that lots of countries are getting into the sparkling wine business. There's actually one from New Mexico that we've enjoyed.

19 minutes ago, clo said:

I love cremants but can't remember which without seeing the bottle. It's clear that lots of countries are getting into the sparkling wine business. There's actually one from New Mexico that we've enjoyed.

When it comes to quality budget fizz, I like Santa Margherita Prosecco.  There really is no reason why enjoyable varieties cannot come from virtually any where (although I suppose there are limits:  the expression--  "fine wines of New Jersey" somehow lacks resonance).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

When it comes to quality budget fizz, I like Santa Margherita Prosecco.  There really is no reason why enjoyable varieties cannot come from virtually any where (although I suppose there are limits:  the expression--  "fine wines of New Jersey" somehow lacks resonance).

When I first had the one from New Mexico I was like 'what????' But we really liked it. Ah, Gruet.

Elegant and focused, with creamy vanilla and apple aromas and rich yet crisp flavors of baked pear and cinnamon bread. Continuous and rich with a ripe elegance: dry, balances, and deep; a carefully-made wine at a very reasonable price.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, clo said:

When I first had the one from New Mexico I was like 'what????' But we really liked it. Ah, Gruet.

Elegant and focused, with creamy vanilla and apple aromas and rich yet crisp flavors of baked pear and cinnamon bread. Continuous and rich with a ripe elegance: dry, balances, and deep; a carefully-made wine at a very reasonable price.

We also like Gruet very reasonable sparkling wine 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clo said:

Thank you for the link.

I have tried a few of those wines and they have been good but still not as good as most Champagnes I have tried.

20 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

enjoyable varieties cannot come from virtually any where (although I suppose there are limits:  the expression--  "fine wines of New Jersey" somehow lacks resonance).

I believe this is true.  While not exactly New Jersey, I tried some wines out on the end of Long Island that I liked.  Of course tasting on a beautiful summer day probably enhanced my enjoyment of the wines. 

Same thing where I live.  We have more and more wineries that serve up locally produced wine.  I enjoy them on an outing, but I really don't bring any home! 

nbt ...( that's code for navybankerteacher)  after consuming two tomcats, I have come to the conclusion ... 

uncanny slooth.jpg

reincarnated 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 3:33 PM, SelectSys said:

I believe this is true.  While not exactly New Jersey, I tried some wines out on the end of Long Island that I liked.  Of course tasting on a beautiful summer day probably enhanced my enjoyment of the wines. 

Same thing where I live.  We have more and more wineries that serve up locally produced wine.  I enjoy them on an outing, but I really don't bring any home! 

Last weekend I had a glass of 19 Crimes Snoop Dog red.  It was pretty awful.  But the bottle, with a picture of Snoop, was terrific.  haha.   

On 4/27/2021 at 6:33 PM, SelectSys said:

Can I ask where in Long Island ?

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Last weekend I had a glass of 19 Crimes Snoop Dog red.  It was pretty awful.  But the bottle, with a picture of Snoop, was terrific.  haha.   

In 1992 I was working in a NYC office building .The 20th .floor was occupied by a record label.I was in the elevator and there was a guy in there who looked very familiar.He looked my way and said “yes it is me”.

It was Snoop Dog and he invited me to a party that night .I went and met a lot of Hip Hop artists ,most from California.

• Like 2

My friend and I were planning on a March, 2022 Caribbean cruise, but we recently moved it to January, 2023.  I know it is a long way off, but, I think by then we will feel totally comfortable taking the cruise.  

• Like 1

We currently have 2 cruises booked. I give the January 2022 AU/NZ cruise a 99.9% chance of being canceled so my next possible cruise is to Norway, July of 2022. I am cautiously optimistic of that ship sailing🤞🤞🤞

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Can I ask where in Long Island ?

Up on the North Fork of the island.  It was really a beautiful up there during the summer and made for a great vacation.  I was surprised at how long it took to drive up the entire island from JFK.  The island was much bigger than I initially thought.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:46 AM, ldubs said:

I'm loving the labels on beer and wine these days.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:46 AM, ldubs said:

Snoop is extremely entrepreneurial and has many business interests.  

https://www.wealthygenius.com/snoop-dogg-net-worth/ 

Your are right, the bottle design helps sell the wine!

Snoop-Dogg-Cali-Red — Triangle Around Town

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SelectSys said:

Up on the North Fork of the island.  It was really a beautiful up there during the summer and made for a great vacation.  I was surprised at how long it took to drive up the entire island from JFK.  The island was much bigger than I initially thought.

Many people are surprised by that .Glad that you enjoyed your vacation 😀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SelectSys said:

Up on the North Fork of the island.  It was really a beautiful up there during the summer and

Hey get back on topic,  both of you.   Tell us what your expected date to resume cruising is,  unless of course,  you are talking about taking another cruise up the Fork.

Tell us what your next expected date is to resume cruising.  Talk about your last cruise so we know how long the void is for you.

We have ours in our signature below and its next summer in the Med if sweet sweet  Connie is doing her thing.  We hope she is around and for all I know our trip may already be cancelled.

2 hours ago, JRG said:

Hey get back on topic,  both of you.

So are you one of the moderators??? In case you haven't noticed over the last year TPTB have given a huge amount of latitude on topics and wandering OT. Otherwise they may as well shut down the site until a lot more has been resolved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

So are you one of the moderators???

No,  but I do enjoy wine on occasion and I can tell you that even though 2018 was a very good year,  the Toms River Chardonnay should definitely be avoided.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JRG said:

No,  but I do enjoy wine on occasion and I can tell you that even though 2018 was a very good year,  the Toms River Chardonnay should definitely be avoided.

Love it!!!!

26 minutes ago, JRG said:

If that is Toms River, NJ,  their Chardonnay cannot be the only varietal to stay clear of.