Hotels in Nassau

sellwingri

We will be attending a college basketball tournament at the Atlantis over Thanksgiving Week, 2021. Do you have any suggestions for staying at a property that is Adults Only. It does not have to be on the Atlantis property and could also be a condo. Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked on the July 3rd Adventure sailing. I spent several days after booking contemplating staying at the Baha Mar and when I finally decided against it my second choice, the British Colonial Hilton, was sold out for a family of 4. We ended up booking the Courtyard on Junkanoo beach. Not the fanciest hotel but it will work for the night. 

I started looking at this and finally decided to do the two nights at SLS Baha Mar through Crystal. $1k doesn't thrill me but it's cheaper than booking it myself since it includes breakfast and transfers, and  I don't have to worry about getting to the hotel or ship. For one night the price is outrageous, for two nights it's not as bad on a per-night basis. Of course now I have to wonder if I need two nights there pre-cruise.

I know the Courtyard is also an option, probably more so if I decide to only fly in one day early.

Update - I decided to just stay one night and will book the courtyard on my own. I had asked my TA to book two nights at Baha Mar and she said it was waitlisted, so just as well that I am doing it on my own. Plus I have Expedia points to use.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, jonsmom said:

I am sailing in July - booked Warwick Paradise Island all inclusive resort for one night

That’s where we booked.  All inclusive adults only!  We’re sailing on June 19th.  I’ll let you know how it is.  

sellwingri - update - we changed our reservation to British Colonial Hilton instead.  That's where Royal is checking in passengers and taking luggage.  It's easier and walking to port is breeze (I am told)

On 4/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, MisterBill99 said:

I started looking at this and finally decided to do the two nights at SLS Baha Mar through Crystal. $1k doesn't thrill me but it's cheaper than booking it myself since it includes breakfast and transfers, and  I don't have to worry about getting to the hotel or ship. For one night the price is outrageous, for two nights it's not as bad on a per-night basis. Of course now I have to wonder if I need two nights there pre-cruise.

I know the Courtyard is also an option, probably more so if I decide to only fly in one day early.

Hi. What was Crystal quoting for the 1 night at the Baha Mar?

On 5/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, njguy_south said:

Hi. What was Crystal quoting for the 1 night at the Baha Mar?

I believe it was $650 for one night.

Also, I never came back here to report that I ended up booking at the 

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau instead. I had previously posted that I would do the Courtyard, then was going to book the Hilton Colonial Hilton. But the Hilton price went up by $30 between when I started looking and was ready to book, and there was something about the Courtyard pricing that I did not like I think having to pay extra for refundable and breakfast, or maybe that was the Hilton). The Holiday Inn base rate was refundable and included breakfast and it seems to be very close to the Courtyard. And I had just enough Expedia points to pay for it. They all make you pay a $19.90/person tourist fee at check-in.

Edited by MisterBill99

On 5/13/2021 at 8:02 PM, jonsmom said:

sellwingri - update - we changed our reservation to British Colonial Hilton instead.  That's where Royal is checking in passengers and taking luggage.  It's easier and walking to port is breeze (I am told)

So they will be taking luggage from guests even if they are staying on their own and not booked through Royal? It's definitely close to the pier.

15 hours ago, jonsmom said:

The hotel seems to be Royal's check in location.  What do you mean by booked through Royal?  We booked this hotel on our own.

So you're saying that all passengers will check in for the cruise at the hotel as opposed to at the pier?

3 hours ago, thear said:

@sellwingriDid you book British Colonial through RC? I look on my own and it says no availability. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? We are currently booked at Baha Mar but would love to switch if feasible.

I didn’t book there.  I’m booked at Warwick Paradise Island, an all inclusive adult resort.

Yes I changed to British Colonial. Their bookings probably ticked up after they announced that the hotel would be the staging area.  My understanding is that the pier is walking distance.  

14 hours ago, jonsmom said:

Yes I changed to British Colonial. Their bookings probably ticked up after they announced that the hotel would be the staging area.  My understanding is that the pier is walking distance.  

Did you call the hotel to book, or did you do it through RC? And can I ask what the room rate is?

Thear

I went on the hotel's website and booked it. The price was 305.49 with all taxes.  Taxes are high.

I was going to go over to Paradise Island but taxi is pricey plus paying for bridge twice.  British Colonial is very convenient.

Joanne

• 4 weeks later...

Crystal cruise out of Nassau in August, we booked the RIU all-inclusive for 1 night pre-cruise.  We figured we'd get lunch the day we fly in, dinner that night, and breakfast the next day, cheaper than a hotel and 3 meals.  I never knew you can stay just 1 night, although I've done day passes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, bz said:

Crystal cruise out of Nassau in August, we booked the RIU all-inclusive for 1 night pre-cruise.  We figured we'd get lunch the day we fly in, dinner that night, and breakfast the next day, cheaper than a hotel and 3 meals.  I never knew you can stay just 1 night, although I've done day passes.

What's the RIU, and how much did you pay? I booked the Holiday Inn Express downtown and just discovered that Crystal is checking passengers in at the Baha Mar convention center, so I will have to take a taxi in the opposite direction from the pier.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 4 weeks later...