Mardi Gras August Airfare?

helene109

Hi I have been watching airfare and it looks like it has dropped by $50.00 one way. But only 1/2 of August is open for Southwest. I have a lot of credit left.

We would fly out of Chicago.

Opinions would you book now or wait another month? Credit doesn’t expire till 2022!

Edited by helene109
Misspell words

• helene109 changed the title to Mardi Gras August Airfare?

You can book it and cancel later with no penalty from Southwest. Not so sure if cruises will be in full swing by Aug. Covid 19 cases are rising in 21 states and variant strains popping up. This roller coaster ride ain't over yet.

• Thanks 1

I would wait and see what transpires.  I am on the Halloween sailing of the Mardi Gras and I am 50/50  that it will actually sail.  

Carnival needs their test cruises, then the 60 day mandate by the CDC, then short cruises, then full week cruises.  I don't  see the full week ones happening till October 1 at the earliest.

You have credits with Southwest that are good until 2022 Yes, book the flights to lock in the $95 fares. You can cancel up until the flight if necessary with no penalty and the credit will still be valid until 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mondello said:

You have credits with Southwest that are good until 2022 Yes, book the flights to lock in the $95 fares. You can cancel up until the flight if necessary with no penalty and the credit will still be valid until 2022.

Are you sure it would go back to my original extended date 2022? Thanks 

35 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

My post was realistic.  Time off from work is obviously not a problem for you if you're going to double up on vacationing.  Not all people are as lucky.

I don’t know what you mean by double up on vacation? I just meant if the cruise is canceled then I will consider just staying a few days in Orlando 

13 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I don’t know what you mean by double up on vacation? I just meant if the cruise is canceled then I will consider just staying a few days in Orlando 

By doubling up on vacation, I inferred that you would stay a few days in Orlando and then rebook your cruise for a new date in the near future.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

By doubling up on vacation, I inferred that you would stay a few days in Orlando and then rebook your cruise for a new date in the near future.

If it is canceled again I would rebook it the following August. Trying to have something to look forward to!

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Article just confirms that the CSO is in effect until November 1.  The cruise lines are still awaiting guidelines as to what will be needed for test cruises to start.  Then after evaluating the results, a 60 day mandate is in effect until short revenue producing cruises can begin.  If the CDC keeps dragging their feet regarding the specifics of the test cruise guidelines, then the cruise lines can start back on November 1.

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Article just confirms that the CSO is in effect until November 1.  The cruise lines are still awaiting guidelines as to what will be needed for test cruises to start.  Then after evaluating the results, a 60 day mandate is in effect until short revenue producing cruises can begin.  If the CDC keeps dragging their feet regarding the specifics of the test cruise guidelines, then the cruise lines can start back on November 1.

Actually the CDC has asked for things, like cruise line plans for increased medical staffing and capabilities,  and plans and agreements with ports on countries on handling pax who become sick. The cruise lines have not produced these.