Corsica (Ajaccio), France - Prunelli Gorges or Calanches & Cargese

Funkat

On the optimistic side, we are planning the shore excursions for our September 2021 cruise. 

Our ship (The Enchanted Princess) will call upon Ajaccio on September 5 from 8am-5pm. 

We are trying to decide on an excursion there.  Both the Prunelli Gorges Tour  and  the Best of Calanches & Cargese Tour look interesting. 

I would definitely appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

Kathy 

On 3/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, marazul said:

Calanches and Cargêse would be my choice.

Thanks for the reply. They both seem to be popular.

I was leaning towards the Calanches. The main reason that I was considering the Gorges tour is because it's shorter & would allow time for us to also see Ajaccio via the little train.  Also, two of the ladies traveling with us booked the Gorges tour because one of them has some issues walking.  

• 2 months later...

We didn't do ny tour here at all and had a very enjoyable day.  Both the the "big bus" and "little train" tours left and returned to the same spot  a little less that 5 mins straight walk from the cruise port.

We did take the bus tour around the city for an overvieww, but would recommend the "little train" as opposed to the larger one as it appeared to have better stops.   We then strolled aroud the  old town and waterfront and some of the main streets. This town is quite picturesqe and there are several museums and churches which can be visited in addition to "all things Napoloen and his family"  Lots of nice looking bars, cafes and restaurants too..  Our "big bus" tour took us out to Parata, the stop for the Îles Sanguinaire.  As we had only 20 minutes there we did not have time for the scenic walk which has good reviews on Tripadvisor..   You can actually get to Parata by public bus #5  and that is very easy to do.  The public bus stops at the same parking area where all transport must stop and the return journey begins there too.  You walk towards the "Iles" from there.

• 1 year later...

Thanks edinburgher for the other option.  Our original cruise was canceled but we now have another cruise booked (Nov 2023) with this stop included. Your option here sounds interesting & I will definitely give it some more thought.