ghost ships could be pop-up hotels - BBC News

Jplanetx

FROM:Ā https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-56486784

Ā 

Torbay 'ghost ships could be pop-up hotels'

People on the beach at Studland look out at the cruise shipsIMAGE COPYRIGHTPA MEDIA
image captionShips from several cruise lines have found shelter on England's south coast during the pandemic

Operators of cruise ships anchored off the coast of England are being asked to turn them into pop-up hotels.

The ships have been sheltering off the south Devon coastline since the cruise market collapsed in the pandemic.

Torbay Council leader Steve Darling thinks they would provide perfect holiday hotels for the expected influx of visitors as lockdown eases.

It follows a scientist on a government advisory body sayingĀ overseas summer holidays were "extremely unlikely".

Ā 
Ā 
Raises an interesting point butĀ practically i think with the way they are staffed probably no can do.
Ā 
I really would like a stay in one of the Azamara boatsĀ currently moored in the ClydeĀ especially if there is likely to be a staycation boom! bring back goin Doon the watter!Ā 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jplanetx said:

Raises an interesting point butĀ practically i think with the way they are staffed probably no can do.

Ā 

I agree. Probably the council don't know that some of the ships are doing round Britain coastal cruises anyway this summer.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ray66 said:

Ā 

I agree. Probably the council don't know that some of the ships are doing round Britain coastal cruises anyway this summer.

Ā 

Ā 

Princess website is now showing "Seacations" of 3 to 7 days durationĀ stopping at zeroĀ to a few intermediate UK ports round trip ex-Southampton.

Ā 

Regards John

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 9:58 PM, john watson said:

Princess website is now showing "Seacations" of 3 to 7 days durationĀ stopping at zeroĀ to a few intermediate UK ports round trip ex-Southampton.

Ā 

Regards John

Ā 

Ditto P & O

Ā 

JBĀ šŸ™‚

• Like 1